Create Account

S47 SMJHL PT 1: Get to Know Your Teammates

Thanks, @Segi. You rock. 

Q: What personal goals do you have for the season?

A: There are a couple of things I came close to last season. Best scoring defender and most assists are among them. But the main goal should be to finally win a play-off series and eventually the cup.

Q: Do you see yourself moving up to the SHL anytime soon?

A: I will be going to Minnesota when this season is over. They wanted me this season already, but I wanted to stay here for one more season. Let's hope, it's gonna be a good one.

Q: What kind of pregame music do you listen to?

A: I like loud music. At the moment it's mostly Enter Shikari to get me pumped for the game. (great answer btw)

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

PBE PT
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 11:13 PM by RunnerBert11.)

Interview between RunnerBert11 & DanbyRem (Lethbridge GM)

How many players have you made in total?

What type of players were they? And which did you have the most fun with?
My first player started out as a power forward back in s14 but transitioned to two way forward around s18
My second player was a defender who played an offensive style. 
My last player is a two way forward who focuses more on hitting.
I had the most fun with my first player simply because I was so stoked to be joining the league. It was a great experience and I miss that feeling every day. Especially when I won my first championship in the league then won another one right after that. It was a surreal experience at the time. That’s why first player was my favorite!

What's your favorite way to earn money in the league? Graphics or Media?
It’s a bit of a toss up for me, because when I first entered the league media was so much fun to do, and I sucked so bad at graphics so I didn’t even attempt. The toss up is with Media and Onsite jobs. When I first joined it was definitely media. Now however I like to do onsite jobs for cash.

Had a lil chat with @MCP_

Qs:
1. What is one thing you wish someone had told you right when you started?
2. What's your favourite SHL/SMJHL logo and why?
3. How long have you been in the league?

As:
1. "Hey you probably shouldn't invest in checking that much"
2. Probably the Tampa Bay Barracuda's.
3. This will be my 3rd season

RW - Tah Puhcheese

Decided to message none other but the Vancouver Whalers GM or Co-Gm (whats happening with the job ever since glyk stepped down who knows) Whalers

1) How did you come about joining the SHL?
I was scrolling through r/hockey one day and I saw this. Decided I would be into something like this, Waited a couple hours until after the reddit hug of death and was one of the first ones to create

2) What made you apply to become a GM/stay as a GM?
I became a GM because Glyc and Adam asked me to be an advisor and then one thing lead to another and I became Co-Gm, then once glyc stepped down I had to finish waht I started in drafting people, and help get them to a cup.

3) What have you taken away from your experience in the league?
There is a couple, Ive met some great people on this site. When I started I didnt know much about spreadsheets, so the SHL has definitely sparked my interest in that kind of area. But my biggest takeaway is what I love to do is see people I draft having fun and being active. In the SHL PT it was the rushmore thing, and I made me really happy when all of the people I drafted said that Ive been very helpful and they would be as active as they would be without me.

Would just like to say thank you @"luketd" for taking the time to answering my questions (and also signing and drafting me)

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Interview with the one and only, Bilbo.

What is your opinion on the Monte Cristo sandwich and is it a breakfast food, or does it belong as a lunch/dinner?
I'm looking this up for the first time and it looks delicious. It belongs at all times of day, though I'd probably most enjoy it for breakfast or dinner.

What are your impressions of this generation of Knights?
I haven't been around the locker room too much, but some new non-alum faces like goldenglutes and Jepox are cool kids. Pretty sure at least gg is getting called up soon, but it looks like the Knights were able to draft some draft-worthy people in recent seasons and I'm happy for them.

Who was the best Knight besides Otto and Horvat?
Mikko Linna. Once Deets' captain, always Deets' captain.

[Image: horvat3.png]

From my sensei @Daco

1) How do you prepare for games?

In order to prepare for games I start the day with a morning practice, then I come home and have an orgy with the multiple supermodels I have on speed dial. After that I've worked up an appetite so I eat a few steaks prepared by my personal chef. Once I get to the arena I do some lines with Luke in the restroom. In the locker room I play slap-ass with some of the guys then start blasting some Tiesto to get myself hyped up. If I'm backing up I'll start drinking a bit, but if I'm starting I stick to blow

2) What is your goal this season?

My goal is to win the Cup. I was the 2nd best goalie in the league last season, so winning Goalie of the Year on top of the Cup would be the ultimate achievement; but winning as a team is my more important priority

3) Advice for rookie goalies?

I would say make sure to increase your puck handling, penalty shot, and endurance to the max before working on any other attributes. Make sure to take my advice fellow competition! I'd give Kasperi some different advice in private

Big ol' shoutout to @SecondSucks22 

What's been your key to success for improving your player?
Honestly the keys to success has been asking for help and listening when advice was given, I would never be the player I am without the help of management and the players around me.

Is there something you wish you knew after creating your first player?
Yea, not to put a bunch of points into checking, cause if you do that, you're gonna get a ton of PIMS, and end up having to pay 1.5 mil to be of any interest to some teams.

Why is the Whalers' LR the best one around?
The whalers LR is the best around because of the people, plain and simple. Everyone on the team is super active aside from maybe 3 players, and even our alumni is always around and contributing to chats, even the quality of people, everyone gets along amazingly and it's so nice to see.

[Image: nubbedindaribs.gif]

Thanks @soyna87 for the chat!

1)For how long have you been a Knight?

I've been a Knight for the last 3 seasons! I'm from the S45 class, and I am beginning my third season in here as we speaking.

2)What has been your best moment so far with the team?

Oooh tough one. I believe that I'll go with one precise moment from last season! It was a tight game versus Vancouver.  It has started pretty slow with only a goal for us in the first period, but it ended up 4-4 in the end. 7 goals in the third! But the thing is, this game was important. If we had the 2 points, it meant that we made sure to go home with the Laurifier trophy, as the #1  team in the league! We ended up shootout. Both Batsy and Boom Boom got stopped by the goalie. Coach decided to give me a shot at it. I took the puck, went in front of the net and saw an opening on the five hole. Well hot damn, it went thru and I scored! I clinched the team the Laurifier trophy! That was hella awesome, let me tell you.

3)Why are the Kelowna Knights the best team in the SMJHL?

Why? 'Cause we're a family. We all knit tight, in there. We have a bunch of youngling that are hungry for victories and want to have fun, and they're making it right.  And we have a solid job made by the coach and GM, succeeding year after year of making a well-balanced team that are good in every part of the game. All in all, why are we the best? Because our team is well-gathered with good Knights that is pretty fucking close. And nothing can beat that.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Q: What is your pro tip to this rookie class? 
A: Spend as much time talking in your locker room as possible
Q: How big of a difference it makes to be drafted on a same SHL as your SMJHL “rival”?

A: It makes no difference to me as long as they aren't a douche nozzle
Q: If you could have any user around the forum to be your mentor, who would it be?

A: My bae ml002

Thank you @Acsolap

[Image: Kerr.png]
Armada Panthers
"Nobody cared who I was until I put on this jersey..."

Shoutout to @Kalakar ! Thanks a ton.

1. What is the offseason like for you? Any traditions?
I've recently bought a new house in Tampa Bay last year since it'll be my home for the foreseeable future soon, so I usually spend some good time down there in the summer by the beach. It's really fun after spending grueling months of winter in the cold in Halifax. Then I come back in the preseason ready to go and refreshed. 

2. How do you feel about the Raider's chances this season? Are we on the upswing
We've lost great players in the offseason that got called up, but so have the other teams. I think we're still looking strong, and we had a great draft. When those players get stronger and better towards the middle of the season, we'll be hard to beat. 

3. If you weren't playing hockey what would you be doing?
Probably a trade craft, knife maker or something like that. Yeah.
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 08:33 PM by frithjofr.)

I recently sat down and did a little one on one interview with Olivier Coultier during a training session. I asked three professional questions, and three questions a little more personal.

Q: Why Anchorage and why Tampa Bay?

A: I was drafted to both, so no real choice, but I'm glad I was. I've made a lot of great friends in the shipyard and improved my game a lot, and everyone in Tampa Bay has been welcoming so far. I definitely feel lucky.

Q: What excites you most about the coming season?

A: Just ready to get back on the ice and play some good hockey. I'm honored to serve as captain, but I have some big skates to fill, so I'm both excited and nervous about that.

Q: What are some realistic expectations for the season, and some big goals for yourself or the team?

A: Biggest goal is always the Four Star, and positive thinking is the first step, so I like to consider winning an expectation as well as a goal.

Q: Now that you've moved back and forth from Tampa to Anchorage a few times, have any tips?

A: I've only been to Tampa for team training camp so far, but my number one tip is layers. And wear a lot of sunscreen in both places, because snow glare is real.

Q: What's there to do in the A? Anywhere to get a good Cuban around here?

A: I like to go hiking, the mountains here are incredible. I think there might be a Cuban restaurant? I've never been, but I'll check it out with you if you want.

Q: Seriously, what's with all the snow?

A: Man, I really can't tell you.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

I interviewed @Steelhead77 ! Thanks again!

1) Do you find it difficult as a player agent to handle your general manager tasks as well as represent a bright prospect?

No, I actually enjoy it. I've been a player/GM for over 25 seasons now so I know how to juggle it all while still enjoying the league and finding success. The off-season can be a little crammed at times but it's not too bad.

2) Where do you see Parm in five seasons?

5 seasons from now I expect to be handling the line 3 center duties for Calgary, pretty excited about it. I have a couple more seasons in the J for sure though and I'm happy to be in Halifax.

3) What do you love most about Halifax?

My teammates and management. It's a really great group and they've made me feel welcome since day 1. It's been an awesome experience and I'm very happy they drafted me and honored to play there. I also love the logo and colors.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

For my interview I spoke to Acsolap, GM of the Anchorage Armada.

1: How has your experience been as a GM in the SMJHL?

A: It's my favourite part of the site. I enjoy the player aspect but being a GM is a lot more immersive and gives you a better insight into the way the shl works.

2: What goes into your recruitment process for rookies, as GM? What is it you look for in potential draftees/signings?

A: Usually I just throw out site PM's to every body that signs up inviting them to talk to me. Not everyone gets back to you and some people will only send you the bare minimum of responses. Anchorages strength is how good it's locker room is and so the majority of my focus comes down to personality rather than player type or build.

3: How do you feel Anchorage has progressed as a team since you took charge?

A: ML is the reason that I stayed on the site at all. I've tried to keep his philosophy of team building. We have probably been more successful in the sim than when I played for the team but with the nature of Simon that could be entirely down to the sim rather than anything I've done.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Interviewed Lallo Selman (ANA)

Q: How did you become a Sharks fan?
A: I owned a Sharks cap from playing on a team called the Sharks in minor hockey and then they were one of the first teams I watched play on TV when I was 7, just started loving them from there.

Q: When did you find out about SHL?
A: In 2012 I used to be in EHM leagues and the legendary Taron*47 begged me to join so he can get TPE for recruitment, ended up sticking around for a while. Went inactive for like 5 years and then found it again searching my name before a job interview in February lmao.

Q: Why play LW?
A: To honour the great Timo Meier, GOAT Swiss hockey player and elite NHL forward.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland