Create Account

Exporting GIF Sigs

Ok so I tried my hand at a gif sig and animated the text on a sig I recently made but I'm having trouble exporting it. The quality on basically everything except the text is lowered quite a bit whenever I try exporting it. Does anyone know what the best way to export it/what the best settings to export it on are? I'm using these settings on save for web (legacy) atm

[Image: qp3wo8.png]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

The problem with gifs are they they can only have 256 colours if I'm understanding it right. This means if you make a sig that's super colorful it may not look that great - if you stick to one or two main colours then it should be good to go with photoshops default export settings for gifs

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

04-20-2019, 10:50 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: The problem with gifs are they they can only have 256 colours if I'm understanding it right. This means if you make a sig that's super colorful it may not look that great - if you stick to one or two main colours then it should be good to go with photoshops default export settings for gifs

It's not that colourful, I've seen much more colourful gif sigs around the site in really good quality.

04-20-2019, 10:58 PMBDonini Wrote:
04-20-2019, 10:50 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: The problem with gifs are they they can only have 256 colours if I'm understanding it right. This means if you make a sig that's super colorful it may not look that great - if you stick to one or two main colours then it should be good to go with photoshops default export settings for gifs

It's not that colourful, I've seen much more colourful gif sigs around the site in really good quality.

I'm not sure then what is causing your issue.

The process I usually go through to do mine is that I add the animation in premiere pro, then save it as a video file. I then import that video into Photoshop by using "import video frames to layers" and then use the legacy save for web export thing to make the final gif. I don't have any issues doing it that way, so I'd look into possibly saving yours as a video first and trying to import it into Photoshop like how I described, that may fix it

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

04-20-2019, 10:58 PMBDonini Wrote:

He's right about the color thing. I've had it happen with mine before where I had to mess with the colors a bit in order to make it come out looking good.

Also mess with the drop down options where you have diffusion selected and preview the outcome. I've had some come out good with diffusion, and others come out better with noise personally.

Here are the settings I normally use though.

[Image: x8nlmjz.png]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 11:26 PM by BDonini.)

04-20-2019, 11:21 PMViN Wrote:
04-20-2019, 10:58 PMBDonini Wrote: It's not that colourful, I've seen much more colourful gif sigs around the site in really good quality.

He's right about the color thing. I've had it happen with mine before where I had to mess with the colors a bit in order to make it come out looking good.

Also mess with the drop down options where you have diffusion selected and preview the outcome. I've had some come out good with diffusion, and others come out better with noise personally.

Here are the settings I normally use though.

[Image: x8nlmjz.png]

It does look a bit better on noise, still not perfect but I guess it'll do thanks.