Create Account

grok resignation "presser"

Today, I submitted my resignation as co-GM of the Detroit Falcons. I've already done my notices and thank yous and goodbyes, but I wanted to face the public too.

Without the pretense of money or roleplaying, I'm open to questions or discussions about my time as a co-GM and with Detroit. I promise honest and complete answers, and I'll try to answer every question sent my way.

Something you'd ever go back to?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

What's your favorite time aa Co gm?

RETIRED

Sorry to hear that, hope you're able to find the happiness you desire on and off the site.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

General thoughts on the current state of the SMJHL?

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

What next?

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

04-22-2019, 04:01 PMSlashACM Wrote: Something you'd ever go back to?

probably not.  it was interesting and i'm glad i did it, but it would take massive culture change for me to consider going back to that kind of responsibility here.

04-22-2019, 04:23 PMMayuu Wrote: What's your favorite time aa Co gm?

S45 laurifer cup and finals appearance, for sure.  second place is @Barboustache breaking 250 TPE

04-22-2019, 04:34 PMZoone16 Wrote: General thoughts on the current state of the SMJHL?

i think it's kinda messed up.  there's some institutional and organizational issues going on that i'm really worried will bite the league long-term.  i'm also worried about player engagement with the current cap but that's a conversation that's being had elsewhere.  i'm also still worried that the 10-team expansion is unsustainable.  but we won't know about that for a couple more seasons.

04-22-2019, 06:57 PMTomasnz Wrote: What next?

same thing as always.  play the game, win the game, change the game.  two down, one to go.

Gonna miss having you in GM chat man. My local friend is leaving me :(

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

One of my fav gms I’ve had. You did great grok man

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Sorry to hear this. I appreciate your candor, though. You're a new guy in rare form and I appreciate that more than you probably know.

Grok is a goalie God, great human, one of the smartest guys I know, and really good GM. The fact that issues on site have led him to resign is a bad look for the league considering everything he has done has been altruistic. This is a sad day, and probably a great day for Mrs. Grok getting angry sex tonight.