Create Account

SMJHL HO + Intern
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 07:56 PM by Nobody.)

@hhh81's term has come to an end and he has decided to move onto a lesser job on the raptors. I would like to thank him for the work he has done over the past few seasons. 

Therefore there is 1 open positions in HO, and with the season coming to an end it also means that we will be looking for a new intern. I would like to thank @TnlAstatine  for the work done over the past season in the role

Head Office Member (1 position available): 

Code:

Code:
1. A Head Office member needs to be active and attentive - What is your current and future activity level on the site and on discord.

2. What do you think the most important aspect of the SMJHL is? 

3. What can you bring to the table as a HO member? Experience, ideas etc?

4. In your opinion what is currently the largest issue with the SMJHL? Why?

5. If you do not get one of the HO positions would you like to be considered for the intern position?

6. Please share anything else you feel would help me make my decision!

SMJHL Intern (If you're a newer member or don't have much job experience, this is recommended for you as a way of establishing yourself):

Code:

Code:
1. A Head Office member needs to be active and attentive - What is your current and future activity level on the site and on discord.

2. How do you think you can help us in the head office? 

3. The Intern is the main person approving players, it is a task that is tedious but must be regularly done and is somewhat time sensitive. Will you be able to handle this?

3. Please share anything else you feel would help us make our decision!

Please PM me with your applications and indicate which role you are applying for in the subject. 
I look forward to reading all your applications.

Deadline Saturday 27th @11:59PM ET

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

finally we can stop Luffy pseudo running the Lions

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

04-22-2019, 08:08 PMFlareon4043 Wrote: finally we can stop Luffy pseudo running the Lions
Finally!

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

lel

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Hey now, I'm honored to take my "demotion."

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 11:57 AM by caltroit_red_flames.)

@Nobody a big gripe of mine with SMJHL HO is using the intern as a player approver. Other leagues have a position specifically for player approval, would HO consider creating an approver position to allow the intern to become more of an actual intern rather than the old timey "get me my coffee" sort of position?

It's been this way for a while, this isn't something to do with the current HO group, but I do think it's something this group has the opportunity to improve.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-23-2019, 11:56 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: @Nobody a big gripe of mine with SMJHL HO is using the intern as a player approver. Other leagues have a position specifically for player approval, would HO consider creating an approver position to allow the intern to become more of an actual intern rather than the old timey "get me my coffee" sort of position?

It's been this way for a while, this isn't something to do with the current HO group, but I do think it's something this group has the opportunity to improve.

Having served in the role and seen the two interns to follow me, I can say that hasn't been the case. The intern engages in all the discussions that go on in HO, and I imagine that would continue.

I think there's some value in what you propose. I'm not sure what there would be for the intern to "do" if the player approval process was taken off their plate, however.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

If I apply does that kill the other thread? :thonking:

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

04-23-2019, 02:04 PMhhh81 Wrote:
04-23-2019, 11:56 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: @Nobody a big gripe of mine with SMJHL HO is using the intern as a player approver. Other leagues have a position specifically for player approval, would HO consider creating an approver position to allow the intern to become more of an actual intern rather than the old timey "get me my coffee" sort of position?

Having served in the role and seen the two interns to follow me, I can say that hasn't been the case. The intern engages in all the discussions that go on in HO, and I imagine that would continue.

I think there's some value in what you propose. I'm not sure what there would be for the intern to "do" if the player approval process was taken off their plate, however.

I had a different experience, but I suppose it's a good thing that it's improved.

In regards to "I'm not sure what there would be for the intern to 'do'", the point of being an intern is learning on the job and being in a lesser role of someone that is actually doing a job you aspire to do. I feel that either the intern should be paid for approving players in addition to being a part of HO discussion, or a player approver should be created as a job and the intern should just be a part of HO discussions without pay.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

04-23-2019, 03:46 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
04-23-2019, 02:04 PMhhh81 Wrote: Having served in the role and seen the two interns to follow me, I can say that hasn't been the case. The intern engages in all the discussions that go on in HO, and I imagine that would continue.

I had a different experience, but I suppose it's a good thing that it's improved.

In regards to "I'm not sure what there would be for the intern to 'do'", the point of being an intern is learning on the job and being in a lesser role of someone that is actually doing a job you aspire to do. I feel that either the intern should be paid for approving players in addition to being a part of HO discussion, or a player approver should be created as a job and the intern should just be a part of HO discussions without pay.

I agree! We did that during/after the last Reddit draft for that exact reason! Smile

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

04-23-2019, 03:58 PMhhh81 Wrote:
04-23-2019, 03:46 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I had a different experience, but I suppose it's a good thing that it's improved.

I agree! We did that during/after the last Reddit draft for that exact reason! Smile

Oh damn you got paid? :eyes: