Create Account

St. Louis Scarecrows Punishment

I understand the reasoning behind the rule, but the job of HO should be to make decisions impartially on behalf of the SMJHL in situations where the SMJHL cannot be impartial. When those that benefit from the ruling (everyone except COL & STL) disagree with the ruling, the SMJHL HO should take a look at changing the precedent in this situation.

I'm not even suggesting reversing this decision. It's just clear no one wants to play by this rule, so why make us?

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

04-22-2019, 10:29 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: The draft picker should also lose a non reddit 3rd round pick. Also can we start using NR instead of typing it out?

Literally this whole thread is about not doing things that would make too much sense, so no we cant use NR

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2019, 10:33 PM by NJBadApple.)

So if I go to a mechanic to change my oil & he puts mayonnaise in there instead, it's my fault for not making sure he put oil in there (and not mayo).

Nice. This is actually fucking stupid.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

04-22-2019, 10:30 PMTommySalami Wrote: I understand the reasoning behind the rule, but the job of HO should be to make decisions impartially on behalf of the SMJHL in situations where the SMJHL cannot be impartial. When those that benefit from the ruling (everyone except COL & STL) disagree with the ruling, the SMJHL HO should take a look at changing the precedent in this situation.

I'm not even suggesting reversing this decision. It's just clear no one wants to play by this rule, so why make us?

And yet I've heard from a number of people that agree with this decision. They just don't have a reason to bitch in this thread. Maybe listening to a vocal minority to set the rules isn't the best idea.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Tbh stl should be rewarded for ridding the league of rush

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

04-22-2019, 10:35 PMNobody Wrote: And yet I've heard from a number of people that agree with this decision. They just don't have a reason to bitch in this thread. Maybe listening to a vocal minority to set the rules isn't the best idea.

If the alleged silent majority is okay with a team losing a pick due to SMJHL HO's negligence this league is more fucked than I thought.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

04-22-2019, 10:38 PMSlashACM Wrote: Tbh stl should be rewarded for ridding the league of rush

is that a no to king von

[Image: 3.png]

04-22-2019, 10:35 PMNobody Wrote: And yet I've heard from a number of people that agree with this decision. They just don't have a reason to bitch in this thread. Maybe listening to a vocal minority to set the rules isn't the best idea.

Fair enough, I can only comment on what I've seen.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

04-22-2019, 10:38 PMSlashACM Wrote: Tbh stl should be rewarded for ridding the league of rush

you mean lost of SMJHL Legend Gareth Rush?

04-22-2019, 10:42 PMEsso2264 Wrote:

you mean lost of SMJHL Legend Gareth Rush?

Gareth "inhale pee" rush

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

04-22-2019, 10:40 PMJSS Wrote:

is that a no to king von

Lol ye I don't get the reference

04-22-2019, 10:46 PMSlashACM Wrote:
04-22-2019, 10:40 PMJSS Wrote: is that a no to king von

Lol ye I don't get the reference

o say word? u listen to him or u just know him?

[Image: 3.png]

04-22-2019, 10:35 PMNobody Wrote:
04-22-2019, 10:30 PMTommySalami Wrote: I understand the reasoning behind the rule, but the job of HO should be to make decisions impartially on behalf of the SMJHL in situations where the SMJHL cannot be impartial. When those that benefit from the ruling (everyone except COL & STL) disagree with the ruling, the SMJHL HO should take a look at changing the precedent in this situation.

And yet I've heard from a number of people that agree with this decision. They just don't have a reason to bitch in this thread. Maybe listening to a vocal minority to set the rules isn't the best idea.

Lmfao at the irony of this statement. You can pick out people all the time who agree with a side that is objectively wrong. You’re just choosing to listen to certain people because it fits your narrative and calling he side you don’t agree with the “vocal minority” cuz it’s a buzzword that people in power use to shut down legitimate complaints. You’ve always been this way, unwilling to listen to people who try and make suggestions about the smjhl and it’s just getting ridiculous at this point.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Wait wait wait. I kinda agree with this decition. But its not right. Imo we should give Colorado 1 non reddit 3rd, take away 1 from STL and fine the pick tracker (not Werentula)

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

04-22-2019, 10:32 PMNJBadApple Wrote: So if I go to a mechanic to change my oil & he puts mayonnaise in there instead, it's my fault for not making sure he put oil in there (and not mayo).

What?

There's no reason for one to suspect that a mechanic would fuck up an oil change and it's not the consumer's responsibility to ensure that it was done properly. That falls outside what one would reasonably expect for the consumer to do. However, I've seen it made clear before that it is the GM's responsibility to ensure that the pick tracker is correct and they know which picks they own. Therefore, there is a requirement of due diligence on the part of GM's that doesn't exist when you're getting an oil change.

I don't deny that the pick tracker fucked up, but to say there's no fault to COL for forgetting they traded for a pick is also incorrect.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers