Create Account

Home Opener Militia Harpoon Whalers!
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 07:53 AM by PenKnight.)

[Image: lq4Lqa9.jpg]

(707 Words Counted)

The Montreal Militia opened their first game at home last night to a sell out crowd of 16,452. Standing Room Only was available for purchase through the usual methods of social networking which has basically made it easier for the scalpers. Montreal really loves their hockey... even at the Junior Level! Gone are the days of finding the person with a sign outside that stated they need tickets! The internet has basically put that to shame. Now you can buy your ticket with a click and have them electronically sent over. You just verify the tickets at the gate with your credit card or drivers license and you are free to go in and scream until you have no voice left.

Now that we have mentioned to you suckers of how to get tickets if you need them, we can get back to the game and give you the rundown. The Militia fell behind early as Vancouver came out blazing and scored at 1:04 in the first period! This quieted the rabid fan base of Montreal down a bit but not as much as one might think. The pace of the game seemed slow with only 11 shots total. Seven for the Militia and only 4 for the Whalers. Montreal had two Power Play chances but were unable to convert and this is most likely why they had more control of the puck in the period. The Fan Base was in no mood for a loss or in anyway willing to take defeat as they constantly were in good spirits chanting for their team even down 1 goal. The period ended and T-Shirts were thrown to the fans at the lower level as usual. The nosebleeds always seem to get the brunt of it.

The second period got a little nervous for the Militia Fans and many boo birds seemed to fill the arena. This is because it only took the Whalers 17 seconds to score goal number two fresh out of the intermission. To make matters worse, Aaron Wilson scored Short Handed at 5:58 into the second period. He was assisted by Ami Raanta and Jax Duggan. You could see the coaching staff of the Militia really start to give it to their players and perhaps that created a fire under this team because they came back raging. They got out of their funk and scored at 11:49 and again on the Power Play at 19:56 of period number 2. This got the Fans roaring out of their minds with only 4 seconds left till the second intermission. You could really see a shift in momentum as the two teams headed for the locker room.

Period number three was the same story as the first two. The Whalers came out blazing again and scored at 2:24 of the 3rd period. You could hear a pin drop as the fans couldn't believe it! Just as you thought the Militia were gonna just lollygag around and call it the night they got a spark! At 8:27 Marc Hagan got things rolling assisted by Herry Morris IV and Hans Zucker. Marc Hagan must of been pumped and helped spark his team as he assisted the next goal at 9:34! This was only 1 minute and 7 seconds after he scored. He made a beautiful pass along with Oliver Klozoff that James Truong hammered home to tie up the game 4 to 4 with 10:26 left to play!!

Hans Zucker scored at 14:40 assisted by Herry Morris and Keegan Angello this time! That proved to be the game winner but Marc Hagan scored an insurance goal 1 minute and 14 seconds later. He was assisted by Jame Truong this time repaying the favor! On a side note, Zarley Zalapski played a solid game focusing on defense. He had more ice time this game at 14:59 but was basically irrelevant. He did finish with a plus minus rating of +1. He felt that he could do better but first and foremost he didn't create any mistakes and his team did score a goal while he was on the ice which is better than the other way around.

harpooned you right back in the next game

also, 1 combined PP attempt vs 9 for Montreal #rigged

jk good article

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

04-23-2019, 08:35 AMaaronwilson Wrote: harpooned you right back in the next game

also, 1 combined PP attempt vs 9 for Montreal #rigged

jk good article

Thanks don't worry I am working on the Game 3 Revenge article.
I haven't figured it out yet but plan on it in a day or less. 
Something like Whalers Strike Back... I like to stay objective and rivalry is fun!
Unless I am talking about the San Jose Sharks. 
I really hate the Sharks Smile

Atta be Militia, keep it up!

Militia Militia Militia

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

04-23-2019, 08:39 AMPenKnight Wrote: Unless I am talking about the San Jose Sharks. 
I really hate the Sharks Smile

Aww now im gonna have a hard time emotionally, when we destroy you the rest of the season  Whalers Whalers Whalers Whalers

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Get outta here @ArGarBarGar