Create Account

LAP - Thomas Bathory Punishment

Hello SHL,

It has come to our attention that Los Angeles former Co-GM @vbottas17 has violated GM rule A.3.

A. GM Recreation Rule
  1. Recreating GMs are automatically added to their team's roster at the time of the draft. This does not use one of the team's picks.

2. An Assistant GM who has a tenure of 3 or more seasons in a management position can have their recreate retained by the team and maintain their position. The team's earliest 2nd round pick is used for this player. If the team does not possess a 2nd round pick, the team must use a 1st round pick or allow the player to be drafted normally.

3. If a General Manager wishes to resign and has a player entering the upcoming draft, they must step down before the draft and enter it as a normal player. Resigning immediately after the draft will result in the player being removed from the team.
After a lengthy discussion, we have decided that his player, Thomas Bathory, will be removed from the Panthers prospect pool and cannot be acquired by the Panthers for 3 full seasons. The team that signs Bathory will retain his rights for three seasons like any other prospect.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Wow thats deep

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Bottas broke a rule. Color me shocked

Lmao i didnt know about this rule but i saw something coming.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

How long is "immediately after the draft" considered to be? That's a very gray area and extremely subjective

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Genius way of getting out of having to play with the team that drafts you for 3 seasons

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

tfw he doesn’t sign with anyone and still does SHL PT’s for 3 seasons

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Its been two weeks since the draft, Regular Season began and Bottas has been Co-Gm for over 10+ seasons ATLEAST not like he was a quick Co-GM add.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

I still did GM tasks after the draft.. and for however many seasons before that.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 11:09 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Im thinking "immediately after" would be the same season of being drafted.

Should probably change that in the rulebook tbh of thats the case.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

04-23-2019, 11:05 PMWasty Wrote: Its been two weeks since the draft, Regular Season began and Bottas has been Co-Gm for over 10+ seasons ATLEAST not like he was a  quick Co-GM add.

And to think this all could have been avoided if you just reached out to the HO before bottas resigned and waited maybe 7 or 8 weeks.

Tell me when in your 500 season GMing career this has ever been acceptable to do... Definitely not in the past 20 seasons, I know that much.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

The definition of " immediately after the draft" should be defined honestly. Reword it as "X days/weeks/seasons" after the draft or something to define it more clearly. Harsh punishment for someone who's been there at the position for a long time.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

04-23-2019, 11:11 PMBaelor Swift Wrote:
04-23-2019, 11:05 PMWasty Wrote: Its been two weeks since the draft, Regular Season began and Bottas has been Co-Gm for over 10+ seasons ATLEAST not like he was a  quick Co-GM add.

And to think this all could have been avoided if you just reached out to the HO before bottas resigned and waited maybe 7 or 8 weeks.

Tell me when in your 500 season GMing career this has ever been acceptable to do... Definitely not in the past 20 seasons, I know that much.
Clarify “Immediately” after the draft. 2 minutes? 2 weeks? 2 seasons? What.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

If I recall, the rule of thumb has been 1 full season post-draft. But yes, the rule should clearly state that if that’s the timeframe we are working with.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

04-23-2019, 11:13 PMWasty Wrote:
04-23-2019, 11:11 PMBaelor Swift Wrote: And to think this all could have been avoided if you just reached out to the HO before bottas resigned and waited maybe 7 or 8 weeks.

Clarify “Immediately” after the draft. 2 minutes? 2 weeks? 2 seasons? What.

Same season, the way it has literally always been understood and used at least in the past twenty seasons that I can speak on. Look at two very recent examples of myself and @karlssens. If you legitimately didn't foresee this issue, I don't think there is really any way to help you understand. And if you did, next time realise that asking for forgiveness rather than permission as a GM is a dangerous move to play and the wrong one every time that grants you zero sympathy and only makes you look worse.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]