Create Account

LA Panthers New Co-GM Presser
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 01:40 PM by JT3.)

Ready for grading - 586 words

Trapped at Toronto Pearson for the next few hours, happy to take all questions from the media.

04-24-2019, 11:34 AMvbottas17 Wrote: Looking over the state of the Panthers roster, what is one area that should be a focus for improvement?

What type of players will you specifically target in the draft?

Jon Toner has established himself as the leagues best defenseman, what are your goals on the ice??

As it stands as of now Tjomas Bathory will be unable to suit up for the Panthers for 3 full seasons, how does this effect the teams long term plans on the blue-line?

Congrats again JT! Sorry that your promotion has been overshadowed by the sideshow that accompanied the announcement.

Cheers

Honestly right now I think we are in a pretty good spot. I think we've got a solid all around team with decent depth in all areas. If I had to pick one area to address though I'd probably go with our defense. Although we have pretty good depth right now, Kosonen and Leetch are getting deep into regression and Johnson has capped out as a Top 4 dman. Another bonafide top pairing D would do wonders in my opinion.

In the draft I am generally lean towards the BPA philosophy, but overall I want to select players that I think would be a good fit for our locker room and that want to play for the Panthers. A happy player is a motivated player.

While Toner has had strong performances for the Panthers recently and may be among the top d-men in the league I wouldn't call him the best out there. Jon's main goal is to bring a challenge cup to LA, and obviously everyone loves to be in contention for individual awards. Overall I see another 40pt season and a deep playoff run for LA as reasonable expectations for Toner.

Losing Bathory for the forseeable future I think definitely is a disappointment for the Panthers. Bathory was drafted with the expectation of being a locker room leader and a future top pairing D. Obviously this is still potentially in the cards but we expected Bathory to play a role in our top 6 within the next few seasons. Some around the league think it's actually a benefit for us with the extra cap space gained but I find it hard to believe we can find a better player and better locker room guy than Bathory for only 500k.

Thanks @vbottas17

04-25-2019, 12:20 AMslothfacekilla Wrote: What are you most excited for now that you're Co?

If you could change one way LAP was run before you joined as Co-GM, what would it be?  Also, what is your favorite thing about LAP as it stands?

Who is your favorite person in the Halifax discord?

Is a hotdog a taco?

What made you take a Co-GM job?

What is your favorite conspiracy theory?

Sorry, completely forgot about these!

Honestly now that I'm Co I'm just excited to perform your typical GM duties. I've been in a GM league for the better part of 5 or 6 years so I have experience with that, it'll be really interesting to be managing real people now instead! Hopefully I can make a difference for LA as well and help bring us to a four star.

This seems like a loaded question... am I supposed to answer Slothface? Hmm
In reality my answer would be all my old teammates (44, Shmurph, To, Ruutu, c00kies, Gooner,) as well as you and TDZ!

Personally I'm a subscriber to the idea of a hotdog being a sandwhich. For me a taco uses a taco shell or tortilla I guess. If you put a hotdog inside a taco shell then I guess... maybe?

When Bottas stepped down he really recommended the job to me, and Wasty expressed his interest in having me as his Co. I've loved being a part of the Panthers and when the opportunity arose to help them more than what I was it was really a no-brainer.

I don't know if I could pick a favorite conspiracy theory... I love listening to all of them. Anything that involves crazy shit the CIA has done grabs my interest, things like MKUltra. Although maybe kinda boring to some I also find the whole conspiracy behind 'New Coke' pretty interesting and very plausible.

Thanks @slothfacekilla

04-25-2019, 12:40 AMTorbvo Wrote: What's in store for Jon Toner and Toivo Kosonen this season?

Pre-season I would have said a couple more allstar worthy seasons and a four star cup! But it's not looking quite so good at this point. Maybe we can turn this season around and have a great finish. Hopefully we weren't just a one season wonder haha.

Thanks @Torbvo

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Looking over the state of the Panthers roster, what is one area that should be a focus for improvement?

Jon Toner has established himself as the leagues best defenseman, what are your goals on the ice??

As it stands as of now Tjomas Bathory will be unable to suit up for the Panthers for 3 full seasons, how does this effect the teams long term plans on the blue-line?

Congrats again JT! Sorry that your promotion has been overshadowed by the sideshow that accompanied the announcement.

Cheers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 01:18 PM by JT3.)

04-24-2019, 11:34 AMvbottas17 Wrote: Looking over the state of the Panthers roster, what is one area that should be a focus for improvement?

Cheers

Honestly right now I think we are in a pretty good spot. I think we've got a solid all around team with decent depth in all areas. If I had to pick one area to address though I'd probably go with our defense. Although we have pretty good depth right now, Kosonen and Leetch are getting deep into regression and Johnson has capped out as a Top 4 dman. Another bonafide top pairing D would do wonders in my opinion.

In the draft I am generally lean towards the BPA philosophy, but overall I want to select players that I think would be a good fit for our locker room and that want to play for the Panthers. A happy player is a motivated player.

While Toner has had strong performances for the Panthers recently and may be among the top d-men in the league I wouldn't call him the best out there. Jon's main goal is to bring a challenge cup to LA, and obviously everyone loves to be in contention for individual awards. Overall I see another 40pt season and a deep playoff run for LA as reasonable expectations for Toner.

Losing Bathory for the forseeable future I think definitely is a disappointment for the Panthers. Bathory was drafted with the expectation of being a locker room leader and a future top pairing D. Obviously this is still potentially in the cards but we expected Bathory to play a role in our top 6 within the next few seasons. Some around the league think it's actually a benefit for us with the extra cap space gained but I find it hard to believe we can find a better player and better locker room guy than Bathory for only 500k.

Thanks @vbottas17

This needs more for sure

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

What are you most excited for now that you're Co?

If you could change one way LAP was run before you joined as Co-GM, what would it be? Also, what is your favorite thing about LAP as it stands?

Is a hotdog a taco?

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

What's in store for Jon Toner and Toivo Kosonen this season?

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I'll get to these soon, will not have internet in my new apartment until tuesday morning!

04-25-2019, 12:20 AMslothfacekilla Wrote: What are you most excited for now that you're Co?

If you could change one way LAP was run before you joined as Co-GM, what would it be?  Also, what is your favorite thing about LAP as it stands?

Is a hotdog a taco?

Sorry, completely forgot about these!

Honestly now that I'm Co I'm just excited to perform your typical GM duties. I've been in a GM league for the better part of 5 or 6 years so I have experience with that, it'll be really interesting to be managing real people now instead! Hopefully I can make a difference for LA as well and help bring us to a four star.

This seems like a loaded question... am I supposed to answer Slothface? Hmm
In reality my answer would be all my old teammates (44, Shmurph, To, Ruutu, c00kies, Gooner,) as well as you and TDZ!

Personally I'm a subscriber to the idea of a hotdog being a sandwhich. For me a taco uses a taco shell or tortilla I guess. If you put a hotdog inside a taco shell then I guess... maybe?

When Bottas stepped down he really recommended the job to me, and Wasty expressed his interest in having me as his Co. I've loved being a part of the Panthers and when the opportunity arose to help them more than what I was it was really a no-brainer.

I don't know if I could pick a favorite conspiracy theory... I love listening to all of them. Anything that involves crazy shit the CIA has done grabs my interest, things like MKUltra. Although maybe kinda boring to some I also find the whole conspiracy behind 'New Coke' pretty interesting and very plausible.

Thanks @slothfacekilla

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2019, 01:38 PM by JT3.)

04-25-2019, 12:40 AMTorbvo Wrote: What's in store for Jon Toner and Toivo Kosonen this season?

Pre-season I would have said a couple more allstar worthy seasons and a four star cup! But it's not looking quite so good at this point. Maybe we can turn this season around and have a great finish. Hopefully we weren't just a one season wonder haha.

Thanks @Torbvo