Create Account

Colorado Upend Militia

[Image: DujCPkM.jpg]

(686 Word Count)

The Militia may have been looking ahead to the future when they rolled into Denver yesterday morning. In a league like the SMJHL you can never take anyone lightly and always remember that you can be beaten and beaten bad by any of these teams. I remember hearing one of the assistant coaches from Montreal say that all the time in practice. It was definitely a mantra with him and I see no reason to publish his name publicly in this article. The point is that you should always protect yourself at all times. Never let up on the gas or let your opponents stand a chance.

Once again the Man on Fire who is Marc Hagan got the first goal in this match and it was looking like the Militia might roll their way onto another victory. Hagan's goal was his sixth of the season along with Defenseman, Oliver Klozoff, assisting him for his sixth assist as well. No penalties in the period and it looked like we might have a clean, skillful type of game. To be honest, I think the Militia prefer that type of game. It seems when the other teams get physical it can create problems for the Militia. Unfortunately, it would appear Colorado figured that out as they came out in the second period making the adjustment.

They didn't waste to much time scoring two goals within 30 seconds of each other at 3:28 and 3:58. They were getting more shots on net and ended it was apparent they were starting to gain control. Somehow that line with Hagan, Truong and Johnson just seem to never say die and things came together at 5:34 when Hagan made a stretch pass over to Truong who skated down the wing and put a beauty right through the crease that Jaguar Johnson just tapped in for his 6th goal of the season. This tied the game up and the crowd was getting a little anxious. For some reason the wheels fell off and the Militia started to lose discipline. The Commander who is known to be the Shepard of the team was called for Roughing at 6:07. Next up was Svensson for Tripping at 14:43. Even though they were seeing some time in the Sin Bin they were able to kill off the penalties. Unfortunately, Hans Zucker was called for Hooking at 17:57 and Colorado hammered it home just before the penalty and period ended. Julio Tokolosh got his 3rd of the year and was assisted by Watt and Steele for the Power Play Goal. This put the Raptors up by one going into the last 20 minute period. They had been playing a better game and were ahead in shots 18-10.

Hans Zucker was at it again and back in the box for hooking at 1:02 to start the third. Colorado started to wheel the puck around the Militia's Zone and scored another goal 18 seconds into the Power Play. The crowd was as loud as they could be and I couldn't hear myself think. It got worse only 6 seconds later as the Raptors once again on a softy. I suppose it could be worse since a few games ago the Militia gave up a goal in 4 seconds after the puck was dropped at Center Ice. Hopefully, this will not be a common occurrence. This put the Raptors up 5-2 and the game seemed out of reach. Montreal did get on the board again at 12:44 but it seemed it was too little, too late and this time Herry Morris the IV would get called for hooking that would lead to the last Power Play Goal of the night as the Raptors defeated the Mighty Militia 6 to 3.

In a special note: Zarley Zalapski did get the most ice time in his Rookie Season at 17:06 but playing another safe style game proved to be irrelevant once again, as he had no shots, hits, points and he finished with a plus minus of -1.