Create Account

backup games

04-25-2019, 12:41 PMTomasnz Wrote: @caltroit_red_flames  four in conference 2 out of conference  and 6 in division

Thanks!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-25-2019, 12:45 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Funny enough even if it was averaged out so each team played the other one the same number of times (give or take a game since it isn't a round number), it would still be more than the average for the NHL (3.33 compared to 2.82). If we added two more it would be 2.92, so still more than the NHL currently.

When we expand again, assuming we add 2 more teams it goes down to 2.92. So I suppose when we need a 4th new team that becomes the magic number.

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

I agree. Does backing up count as playing too even if we don't play?

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

04-25-2019, 01:14 PMDaco Wrote: I agree. Does backing up count as playing too even if we don't play?

Only when you are dressed and start I belive. @HO

RETIRED

04-25-2019, 01:22 PMMayuu Wrote:
04-25-2019, 01:14 PMDaco Wrote: I agree. Does backing up count as playing too even if we don't play?

Only when you are dressed and start I belive. @HO

Thanks for confirming

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

"Goalie discord" :eyes:

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I'm actually against this change because I was already screwed by it

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

04-25-2019, 12:18 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:
04-25-2019, 12:16 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: @ArGarBarGar you're correct it's an arbitrary number, 100 would work as well. But what Tomasnz said is correct and the reason I bring up adding more games. Currently we play an average of 3 games against each team, which is pretty low in my opinion. If we expand in the future, and we should because our goal should always be to keep growing, then that number is just going to keep decreasing. Couple that with more goalies becoming active proportional to the number of teams in the league and we have to make the decision to either make being a backup a viable position for a semi active member by increasing the number backup games significantly (meaning the value of a starting goalie is decreased unless we also increase the number of games in general), or we just decide to keep backups as inactive members.

I don't think teams play against the other conference as much as in their own.

And if this is the case (and it isn't a horrible argument) and people want to get more games in against the other teams, then I would recommend slowly increasing the number of games instead of just adding 32 because it matches the NHL.

I think IF we are increasing, we should just go straight to a number we want to keep for the future. Doing it slowly would just result in stats being off too much in my oppinion. Then you have stats for 50 games, 60 games, 70 games etc. while if we increase straight to 82, we only have differing stats once.

And I like 82 games because it doesn't feel as arbitrary as other numbers.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

04-25-2019, 02:58 PMSami Wrote:
04-25-2019, 12:18 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: I don't think teams play against the other conference as much as in their own.

And if this is the case (and it isn't a horrible argument) and people want to get more games in against the other teams, then I would recommend slowly increasing the number of games instead of just adding 32 because it matches the NHL.

I think IF we are increasing, we should just go straight to a number we want to keep for the future. Doing it slowly would just result in stats being off too much in my oppinion. Then you have stats for 50 games, 60 games, 70 games etc. while if we increase straight to 82, we only have differing stats once.

And I like 82 games because it doesn't feel as arbitrary as other numbers.

Real SHL does 52. Let's copy it!

RETIRED

I think 50 games is fine. 6 div, 4 conf, 2 int. No need to make a big change unless we add more teams

I just want that rookie status thing cleared up.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

04-25-2019, 03:12 PM.bojo Wrote: I think 50 games is fine. 6 div, 4 conf, 2 int. No need to make a big change unless we add more teams

Agreed, this is one thing that is an easy fix, it screwed over Slash’s chance at ROTY, and that shouldn’t have happened

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

04-25-2019, 03:12 PM.bojo Wrote: I think 50 games is fine. 6 div, 4 conf, 2 int. No need to make a big change unless we add more teams

Definitely fine for now (the issue comes when more teams get added), and I'm sorry that I derailed the thread.

04-25-2019, 04:34 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:

Definitely fine for now (the issue comes when more teams get added), and I'm sorry that I derailed the thread.

its ok i just feel like my suggestions always get derailed lol

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Ill keep bumping this until it gets changed

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I brought up the whole call up back up games when this was brought up and created in HO (for the season's I was in there as simmer) and the opposing argument was that skaters aren't called up for games each season, why should we treat goalies as special?

As the guy who always argues goalies should be treated differently, I struggled to verbalize them comparing apples to oranges in a way that would get through the skulls of people who had never been a goalie and never understood why they need different treatment even with logic like this of the number of back up games.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE