Create Account

backup games

As someone who picked Cain for ROTY, I agree!

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Oh hi it me again

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-25-2019, 10:43 AMluketd Wrote: Oh hi it me again

o hai

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

05-25-2019, 11:33 AM.bojo Wrote:
05-25-2019, 10:43 AMluketd Wrote: Oh hi it me again

o hai

How are you

04-25-2019, 11:24 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Personally I think the idea of increasing the number of games in a season to 82 would be a good idea, and along with that you increase the number of games required for a backup to play each season.

I doubt that would happen because people don't to have stats from a while ago be harder to compare to current seasons, but SHL is going to keep growing (hopefully). Evenly distributed that's just above 3 games against each other team. 82 games increases that by 2 games per team.
82 games would probably work but I don’t think it’s a change with enough upside to offset how much it would make all previous records pointless.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

05-25-2019, 11:44 AMWaters Wrote:
04-25-2019, 11:24 AMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Personally I think the idea of increasing the number of games in a season to 82 would be a good idea, and along with that you increase the number of games required for a backup to play each season.

I doubt that would happen because people don't to have stats from a while ago be harder to compare to current seasons, but SHL is going to keep growing (hopefully). Evenly distributed that's just above 3 games against each other team. 82 games increases that by 2 games per team.
82 games would probably work but I don’t think it’s a change with enough upside to offset how much it would make all previous records pointless.

Yeah that'd be rough. In the future to compare seasonal records we could go by points per game but that definitely ruins career records.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Been a second since I Bumped this

good bump @"luketd"

@Dangles13 @Eggy216 @Slappydoodle @ztevans Could we get this on the new docket?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Anyone know why it’s 15 to begin with?

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

06-26-2019, 07:35 AMEggy216 Wrote: Anyone know why it’s 15 to begin with?

To answer the question in the public sphere, after looking up when this was announced here, it appears it was a combination of wanting the number to effectively equal two backup goalie seasons + matching the ratio for NHL rookie eligibility.

Not saying that to defend the rule, I wasn't in HO when it was written Laughing, just putting that out there for the people.

We are discussing the rule now.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

06-26-2019, 08:30 AMztevans Wrote:
06-26-2019, 07:35 AMEggy216 Wrote: Anyone know why it’s 15 to begin with?

To answer the question in the public sphere, after looking up when this was announced here, it appears it was a combination of wanting the number to effectively equal two backup goalie seasons + matching the ratio for NHL rookie eligibility.

Not saying that to defend the rule, I wasn't in HO when it was written Laughing, just putting that out there for the people.

We are discussing the rule now.

Well with a long wait for goalies to become a good shl starter, it should get bumped to 3 send down seasons, so after 18 games.
No one calls up a skater unless they unbank but for goalies it’s different. Also hi @.bojo

I'm all for the "19th game ends rookie status" idea.

I know i'm biased, but there's no way @SlashACM shouldn't have been considered a rookie in S46, and he got robbed of at least Rookie of the Year (would've been no contest if not for our weird rule).

I know this mostly affects goalies as it is, since we don't really call up 350TPE skaters and send them back down during the season much, if at all.

Either way, we should work towards making sure that doesn't happen again, and it seems that no one is really arguing it, so let's go team!

Of course, we could just drop the backup goalie rule altogether :eyes:

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

04-25-2019, 02:40 PMSlashACM Wrote: I'm actually against this change because I was already screwed by it

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I like the "after 18 games" -idea as well.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]