Create Account

S47 PT #2 - Audio Gameplan

I´m delighted that the media team approached me! I have wide selection when it comes down to music I like to listen to, something for every mood really, so I think I can for sure give some ideas, so lets get to it:

The most important part before the puck drops is to get both the team and also the fans into the game, so when the players are coming to the ice I would play: Heart of a Champion by Nelly. The song sets the tempo nicely, we are ready to play and no matter what team is playing against us - they are going down.

Every time Edmonton scores a goal, Ievan Polkka from Loituma starts playing, song that maybe two or three persons in each game can understand even little bit since it´s in Finnish, but a feel good song and quite funny one to listen to even if you don´t understand the lyrics.

Finally, when the team wins a game and the final buzzer has gone off, a victory song of some kind is needed naturally, what better than Queen - I Want It All !? Proper tune and also sends a message that just because we won now, we are not going to stop!

[Image: lGGVD4Q.png]

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

The Tampa Bay Barracuda management had approached me earlier this week in hopes of finding a "banger" playlist for the arena this upcoming season. The three song choices I was able to change were:
1) Goal Song
2) Pre-Powerplay Song
3) Game Win Song

For the goal song, I chose Water by Schoolboy Q. While this song may not really turn the tide for the older crowd in the arena, with a team named after a fish, I just thought that having a song surrounded around the fish/water scene would be the most interesting for the fans. Also, I would love to hear it after a goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghiVcR3imx8

Secondly, the powerplay song would be something that just really gets the juices flowing before we are about to score, teams like the Calgary Flames have a swedish song play, while other teams have rock classics. The Barracuda would select "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X, to keep up with the current times we need to be able to take our goals to the back of the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ysFgElQtjI

Third, when we win a game we need a banger to play, something that the fans would remember. This one is throwing it back a bit, but we are going with Unwritten BY Natasha Bedingfield, just a fucking classic song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7k0a5hYnSI

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

The Anchorage Armada music plan for each game:

Our basic anchor theme is going to be I'm on a Boat by Lonely Island. How can you get more poignant than with lyrics such as 'I'm on a boat, everybody look at me I'm on a boat"? This song will just play all the time, because, well, the Armada is always on a boat. Plus it has T-Pain to pump you up, what more could you want. 

When we get a penalty, we'll play "Love Boat", as in the original Love Boat theme song. Because while we may have gotten a penalty we do it with love, and on the Love Boat we share that love.

And just to keep it family friendly, we'll bust out 'Under The Sea' from the Little Mermaid. Everybody loves the Little Mermaid.

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

PBE PT - Kahn

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

So the media team for the Manhattan Rage has asked Defenseman Craig Finley for a few ideas for a different taste in music to play in the arena. I'm gonna be honest, while I am flattered, im confused as well. I'm not known for my taste in music but when the said they were just looking for ideas and that they wouldn't commit to anything unless it was over the top I agreed. 

The first song I choose had to pump up the crowd somehow. Something to get them going as the team first stepped foot on the ice. Instantly a song came into my head. Invincible by Adelitas Way. Its the type of song that gets people pumped up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EARTcJ48H0

Next I thought of a song when we draw a penalty. Instantly I thought of the song by Outcast Hey Ya! Now you have to start at the point that just continuously goes alright alright alright. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMtsir0l9k

Now the final song I would have a hard time choosing. And then it dawned on me. Why not play closing time by Semisonic? We could use that song when the vendors stop serving beers, to the public at least. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAS-pvQ06s4

Now i'm not saying that I would make a good DJ for game play songs but I have to say that if it came down to choosing my set list or a donkeys, id choose the donkey.

[Image: 37Bgs1o.png]
Rage Usa raiders
DRAFTED 30TH OA S43
S42 WJC GOLD MEDAL
JESTER AWARD FINALIST S45
S45 ALL ROOKIE TEAM
S50 IIHF GOLD MEDAL
S52 CHALLENGE CUP CHAMPION

Every team needs their noises to be obnoxious, pump the fans and players up and to get the vibe of things going. You got the crazy sirens, the loud horns, the cannon shooting machines that the Columbus Blue Jackets have, smoke machines blasting (they make noise) and crazy bands playing wild shit in the parking lots as your team cruises to playoffs (unless your team doesn't make playoffs, then you don't have crazy music). For the Anaheim Outlaws, they're unlike any breed in the juniors for the SHL. You think your team has noise? Come to Anaheim and watch game - especially at Christmas time (but we're not doing Xmas because law states only in December). So, what do they got for audio that'll give you orgasms and aches?

1. Every damn store in the Arena is playing a variety of music. You want some cheesy, melting, good old pizza? HELLO PIZZA SONG. GET YOUR BEER! ICE COLD BEER. WORKS LIKE HEROIN, 3 GET YOU RIGHT FUCKED (or they did at Rexall Place, anyway). Well, you got the COLD BEER SONG! Fuck yep.

2. The Locker Room Music - Might be a little different than most locker rooms now thanks to management change. Dangles used to play normal shit up in their, but new management thinks the music is a little extreme, crazy, loud and Rated R and think it would be best before games to not listen to it as it could be a distraction. Instead, now they play shit like this: That Rapper with rainbow hair that wants to be lil jon.

Thanks. The idea of this PT was shit but once I started, I enjoyed. Gimmie TPE and bonus TPE.

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

When Daniel Smeb heard that he would get to help his management and media department pick out songs for various uses involving the team, his immediate suggestions was a bunch of Korean songs. Unfortunately the racist management shut him down as they didnt think that would work well or be a good idea, so Smeb had to start back from scratch. Daniel started off by submitting Invaders Must Die as an idea for a song that would be played when both teams are introduced and skating onto the ice, he enjoys the beat and thought the lyrics were quite fitting for what they needed to accomplish today, that is the death of the invaders. Next he chose Rise as a song to be used in the promo for season tickets as it was a good preview of what the team will need to do and try to accomplish. Finally Daniel chose what he wanted for his goal song, he knew he needed to make a good choice as this will be a song that will rarely be heard as Daniel basically never scores with only 1 goal so far this season and like 2 last season. He ended up going with Stranger Things as not only is it a god song but it also is accurate as Daniel Smeb scoring a goal is a stranger thing.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

The Manhattan Rage needed a set of songs that really set the tone for the team, offensively and defensively. Luckily, I had a pretty good plan going into this with a few songs that realtl stand out.

First, Warrior's Cal by Volbeat. An strong rock song song with a pretty simple message, get up, stay up, beat the living shit out of your opponent. This is a good song to us to both pump up the crown, and after a goal is scored, to really set a tone.

Split by Chasing Satellites. Anotehr harder rock song with some softer moments, but still the chorus message is simple, "Let's burn this mother fucker to the ground" which really seems to be how Manhattan treats the opposing defense.

Finally, I'm going with Choke by Demon in Me, because it's a pretty good chance the opposing goalie is going to Choke against us, and there's nothing quite like taunting them with a song over the PA is there?

The media department for the Anaheim Outlaws contacted me as the new Co-GM to help craft an Audio Gameplan for the team. As a player I have been known to play a lot of music in practice so I jumped at the opportunity.

The first song I chose is for pre game in the locker room as the players make their way to the ice. I went with Theme from Rawhide performed by the Blues Brothers.

I think this song has a nice slow start that picks up and would allow for the crowd to get involved. It evokes a western feel that is central to the Outlaws branding as well as having great vocals.

For my next song I wanted to pick something for the team to listen to during warm ups. I went with 2 songs for this period. The first is Bust a Move by Young MC.

Young MC's hit song is infectious and will get people moving and grooving in the arena. It would give the players a chance to be less serious during warm ups and interact with the crowd a bit. The arena could also have a fan dance cam going on during the song to give away some promotional merchandise.

The second warm-up song I went with for the team would be Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.

The high energy of the song would be a good way to close out the warm ups with players doing a scoring drill. The driving bass in the song would reverberate around the arena and make the crowd ready for the game. This would also serve as the warning to fans to get to their seats for the start of the game.

My next song choice would be for when the team goes on the power play. I would go with the iconic theme to The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly composed by Ennio Morricone.

This classic western tune would hype up the crowd for some exciting hockey. The song is synonymous with western shootouts and duels and would add a great air of gravitas to the situation. The iconic whistle in the first few seconds would pierce throughout the arena.

My next selection would be for the goal song. I chose to go with a more modern song for this. I would cut in with the chorus of the song Look What You Made Me Do by Taylor Swift(1:05).

I think the song would resonate with younger fans and has just enough of a fun poke at the other team. The high energy of the chorus would get the crowd moving. I think it also adds a more modern feel to the song selections to balance out the gameplan.

My final song would be the victory song. I went with Ghost Riders in the Sky by The Outlaws

Aside from the band sharing a name with the franchise, the high energy song would be the perfect way to end a victorious game for the team. The driving country theme would add to the good feelings flowing through the arena.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

[Image: X7Pbsdp.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

For the change up in the Montreal media and sound, Svensson has in mind to get the roster into the right fighting spirit - to couple their already great fighting form. 

First he tackles some choice game sounds. Before any goal songs are played he'd like there to be some sounds played at the time of the goal. These are supposed to be specific in nature to whichever team we're facing, but when asked on specifics Svensson had no idea on what sounds he wanted except for when they're facing Detroit. Any goal versus Detroit should be followed by a gunshot and then sad bird skreee before the thudding sound of something hitting the ground. Kind of like what shooting a Falcon would sound like - except not that actually that, cause that'd be illegal.

Other than that he just wants the management to play 'Thousand Foot Krutch - Fire It Up', 'Scorpions - Rock You Like A Hurricane' and 'Nickelback - Burn It To The Ground' because they were fucking sick in NHL 10. He also slipped them a note saying to not tell anyone he requested a Nickelback song.

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

[Image: pCYXbos.jpg]

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

The Calgary Dragons must have been pretty desperate when they chose Chico Smeb to be in charge of the audio for the team. It's well known he's a big fan of Korean music, so to no surprise everything was KPOP. First, Chico has the team walk down the tunnel while the arena blasts BLACK PINK - DUDUDUDU . This song is has good hype leading the team down the tunnel, making the blood flow through their veins. The team steps onto the ice hyped as fck then the song MAMAMOO- Starry Night comes on. It's a little more relaxed so it gives the players and fans a bit of time to relax before the final hype song. Finally, right after the anthems finish, the song BLACK PINK - KILL THIS LOVE plays to really get the energy in the building going. Everyone in the building is extremely hyped and ready for puck drop after this amazing KPOP. The crowd is going absolutely nuts!

Words: 165

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

First things first is the need for an excellent pump up song to get the crowd going right off the bat. To scratch that itch WKP is going to blaring At the Drive In's song Arc Arsenal. The build up of the intro played off with the light show in the arena is going to pump up every last fan.
Tunage

I am a big advocate for keeping fighting in the game. Not to levels like the 70s but there is still a time and place for a good scrap and we need to be ready for an epic song to celebrate a WKP victory when the gloves come off. For that I am going to be blaring Sunshine the Werewolf by The Dillinger Escape plan specifically starting from the breakdown at around 1:26. The build up the the brutal "Destroyer. There'll be another just like you." that rings out is going to make every fan go wild.
Tunage

With how WKP has been scoring lately we are going to need a new banging goal song. One that fans aren't going to be bored hearing again and again that also gets everyone singing along. We are going to be using SBSK by the Korean ska band Rudy Guns. This upbeat tune with its celebratory wah wah wah wah wahs will get the crowd singing along and the swearing in a foreign language will be funny as hell for those in the know.
tunage

Bonus song for whenever LA visits town - LAX by Big D and the Kids table
Tunage

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]