Create Account

S47 SMJHL PT 2 - Underneath the Equipment
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 10:52 AM by ej27.)

Preseason has given your team's fanbase a chance to get to know you on the ice, but now they're itching to get to know you off the ice as well.  

Task  

Written option:  Write a 200 word article or interview for a hockey publication about your player's off-ice persona/hobbies/etc.    
Graphic option:  Create a magazine cover with your player's render and a blurb teasing the article inside.

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one, not both.)

Only S47 SMJHL Rookies (S48 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

You cannot claim TPE for this PT until a post is made in the global claim thread.

Deadline Sunday May 5th @ 10am CST

Link PBE or NSFL Welfare claims here to get credit.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 07:02 PM by MrStennett.)

Barrett Blackwood was born in the small town of Biwabik in the great state of Minnesota. The name means iron in the Chippewa language, which is a great descriptor for the people who live there as well. His parents, Kenneth and Elizabeth Blackwood, are tough people of the land just like most of the other people who live in small town Minnesota. His family owns and operates a modest sized sweet corn farm, which is fairly common. It is the state's leading cash crop. They are in no means wealthy, but they make enough money to live decently. From a young age, Barrett was taught the value of hard work by both of his parents. He would spend a lot of time after school helping his father out with various task around the farm, including things like fixing up the vehicles, mending fences, and of course tending the fields. It was these lessons about work ethic that he learned in his youth which allowed him to make it into the SMJHL. His "first one in, last one out" mentality has made him a favorite of every coach he's ever played for, and he's looking to bring that team-first mentality to the St. Louis Scarecrows as well. 

Code:
210 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Patrick Niederreiter Is a soft spoken individual who likes to put all his effort into what he does on the ice. He doesn't like to talk a lot unless you get him into talking about hockey. He can tell you anything, whether that be the weight of a puck, or the average speed of a Shot on goal. He loves the net and it's his favorite spot on the ice. Some people ask why he chose to be a goalie, He plainly states, it's the easiest position to my play style, I don't skate that fast, and i'm not a good shot, but i'm not letting anything in to that goal. Niederreiter is a young man who just got out of High School and is looking to make his mark on the Sim Hockey League. Patrick Neiderreiter has a twin named Peter Dawson who plays in the PBE league as a pitcher. He wants to prove to his twin that he's the superior athlete and that he chose the superior sport. If you give him a chance he's willing to prove to you that you made the right choice and that he's ready to compete against everyone and come out on top.

Code:
211 words

[Image: kD6k7a5.png]
[Image: CjCi3BJ.png]

[Image: qrBO8hY.jpg]

[Image: hockey.puck.30815-1.jpg]

Atlas Rush is the owner and operator of Pr%f Cocktail Lounge in both Calgary and his newest location in Halifax. While not on the ice Atlas spends his time creating cocktails, researching whiskey’s to try and learning the processes behind distillation. Atlas isn’t the most talkative of the bunch but everything he says comes with a weight behind it. He is definitely considered the strong silent type. Atlas doesn’t show a lot of emotion while off the ice but it comes out in bunches when he is on the ice as he hits everything that moves. When asked what got him into the cocktail scene his most common reply is “There is beauty in making something for someone else… I get to do that every day for every guests that enters my establishment” Atlas can always be found with some sort of cocktail or book regarding liquor. He is never done learning and will always jump at the chance to educate others. He loves that every cocktail and every whiskey has a story and he is lucky enough to get to tell his guests those stories. He fancies himself quite the story teller and really opens up at a person through these stories. Atlas hopes to write his very own cocktailing book one day full of recipes he has used over the years aswell as the technical sides of bartending which is so often overlooked. During the offseason you can often find Atlas traveling the world competing in a bunch of different cocktail competitions.

Total Words: 254

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Jon Forty-One (Born as Jon Snow) travelled up and down England for most of his childhood. Whilst a lot of things changed for him the one constant was Ice Hockey as he would get better and better as the years go by. His family are a part of a religious cult that believe in a deity known as 'Mr. 0' . They aren't crazy like the Westboro Bapist Church nor sacrifice goats or eat people though. They just believe in a different god than most people.

Jon Forty-One was the 41st member to join the order and in turn would change his last name to become'Mr.41' about a month before signing for free agency with the SMJHL instead of signing up for the draft since he did not want to be a part of it. He doesn't have many hobbies or interests past ice hockey and is very driven to make sure he is someone the SHL teams can value and will want in the upcoming draft to the SHL.

In private Jon is just quite devoted to his cult and isn't currently dating anyone, although a gold digger may come a long soon and he is well liked by the other members of the cult.

[212 words.]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Kaspars Claude, the Latvian phenom, is a party animal off the ice. If he isnt at the gym and pushing weights, hes at the night club taking down Jager Bombs like its no ones business. Coming all the way from Latvia, you gotta live and learn to love the lifestyle that he is able to live in Vancouver. Especially when travelling to other Junior cities,like Montreal, Kaspars has really found some cool spots.

His go-to spots in Montreal are Chez Paree for the nice Women and then the night clubs like Rouge or Muzique make for a good time when celebrating a road win. Being so close to the Militia arena, it is a quick transport and a certified good time.

But going back to the Gym, Kaspars loves lifting weights. He is an earlybird, smashing Steaks at 530AM before his morning workout. Teammates have described Kaspars as a guy who always has either a Protein Shake or a PRe-Workout in his hand. Health is on the top of his priority list and he loves to have a good challenge in the gym.

Kaspars also loves to stay with his teammates, he is a good "clubhouse" guy always having a laugh with his teammates and also playing some foosball or some playstation when having free time at the rink. Rumour has it, Kaspars has the longest game winning streak in Whalers history in Ping-Pong with a 23 game winning streak. Kaspars sticks around with Jax Duggan a lot too because of his mentorship abilities. Being selected 1st Overall by the Winniupeg Jets, Jax has a lot to offer with Kaspars. They do also sometimes stay on the ice together after practice to work on some individual Defensive techniques.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

[Image: source.gif]

Josef Novotný hails from the town of Plzeň in the Czech Republic and spent most of his life there. While he hasn’t been able to experience many things outside of his country, he has started to pick up on random and wild hobbies since joining Kelowna and being able to experience different things not normally found back at home.

One of his most favorite things to do right now on his off days is going out on the Okanagan Lake in a Kayak and cruise around on the lake. He also experienced one of his first baseball games as the team traveled down south and he really enjoyed his experience there. Finally, he just simply enjoys spending some time in a local community pool that’s nearby his apartment in the city of Kelowna.

Something he is very fond of doing is going around town and being able to participate in different community events to help the town out, weather its planting trees or going down to the local hospital and visiting sick children there and just being able to spend some time with them. He has really adapted to feeling at home in Kelowna and wants to pay back to the town with his hard work he produces on the ice.

He has really enjoyed spending some quality time with some of his team mates off of the ice, going to some of the local restaurants around town, including a couple of bars. It is a really great bonding experience for him as he feels like he is becoming more apart of the team and really build up the chemistry he has with his team and especially with his line mates.

(281)

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Izem Abioye was born in Lagos, Nigeria, to parents that struggled for caring him. Thanks in large part to help from a relative in Sweden, Izem was able to get a good education and a wide look at the world. Everything changed for him when he watched his first hockey game. Quickly growing into a model defenseman, Abioye, who shined in Eastern European leagues prior to being drafted 32nd overall by St. Louis in the SMJHL Draft, has emphasized smart defense and clean shutdown possession. In 2 years he served AIK on the blueline, he registered only 2 penalty minutes. Those 2 minutes, a roughing minor on a hit executed awkwardly, was a story in itself. As his opponent, a Brynas IF forward who could not be identified, shakily got up from the hit, he was surprised to see a hand offer him a help up. Abioye, heading to the box, helped the young man up, prompting a formerly-hostile Brynas crowd to cheer for the unexpected and sportsmanlike gesture. In his 15 games played in St. Louis, Izem first struggled, but has since found his footing, registering 2 assists and holding a neutral 0 +/-. Izem hopes to play in the SHL, and he admits he has a long way to go, but a long journey has never hindered Izem Abioye.

-
Words: 235

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 11:48 AM by Huck24. Edit Reason: Changed a word out )

Taken from the St. Louis Scarecrows ‘Meet the rooks’ excerpt that was in the Crows season opener program:

With the 19nd overall pick in the SMJHL S47 entry draft selected Lyle Odelein III.  A hard-nosed defender who has a knack for putting pucks into the net.  We had a chance to ask Lyle some non-SMJHL related questions, since we know that has been all that he has talked about for the last while.  So here we go:

Q: Did you have / still have a favourite NHL team growing up?
A: I sure did, my grandfather actually played in the NHL for many years, he was drafted by and won a Stanley Cup with the Montreal Canadiens.  So, when I was old enough to start paying attention to hockey, I picked the Habs as my team, and I’ve never looked back.
Q:  What is your favourite thing to do that’s not hockey related?
A: I love playing old school video games and I love playing them on their original consoles.  I’ve been trying to collect as many consoles and games that I can get my hands on. So far, I’ve got every Nintendo system, a Sega Genesis and I think I’ve just found an Intellivsion console, my grandfather has always told me that Burger Time on Intellevision was the best game he’s every played, so we’ll get to see if that’s the case.
Q: If you could be in any other profession, what would it be?
A: Hmmm, I’ve guess I’d say a pet detective.
Q:  Umm a pet detective, like the Ace Ventura movie?
A: Exactly, I’ve always thought that there would be an actual need for a pet detective.  People love their pets and aren’t afraid to spend money on them.  I love animals, but I don’t think I’d be a good vet, but I think I can track the heck out of a lost dog.  So ya, I’d be a pet detective.

Well alrighty then…thanks for answering our questions Lyle and best of luck on your upcoming rookie season.

Kasperi Braulin has a life mostly dedicated to hockey. In his spare time, he tries to unwind by enjoying the simple things in life. Braulin is a self proclaimed movie buff, and takes great pride in his vast knowledge of films. He also enjoys true crime docs on Netflix, recently bingeing "The Staircase" . Braulin has a pet dog, Simba. He enjoys taking her to the local lakes. Just recently arriving in Vancouver, he's getting to know the town. He has made it his goal to try every pizza joint in the city, and after just two weeks he's gotten to nearly half of them! Other than hockey, he's a huge Blue Jays fan and loves Vlad Jr!

He's a down to earth guy, and despite his growing fame with his early success in the SMJHL, he keeps mostly to himself and keeps a low profile. Among his teammates, he's gained a reputation of being a very hard worker who is dedicated to his craft. Despite his serious persona on the ice and in the locker room, he plays it a bit more loose outside of the rink and likes to crack jokes and keep things light with friends.

Theo Haas, the only child of former SHL Hall of Famer Timo Haas and Swiss Skiier Veronika Dennler, spent his formative years in Los Angeles. Growing up as the son of a city-wide star didn't have as much impact on Theo as it might on other children of famous sports stars. Living in Los Angeles cloaked him due to most other kids having important parents. Theo, a quiet and introverted young man, threw himself headlong into sports, music, and art, choosing to spend most of his time not on the ice locked in his room. Having taken his first steps on his own and living in Kelowna, he finds himself spending even more time alone. Working out and traveling with the team is a necessary evil for such an introverted person. Many of his new teammates still have no idea about who Theo Haas really is and he seems content keeping that way. Using every night to play the piano and draw, on his own, gives him the proper rest and introspective time to be a better goaltender. When away from his small rental apartment in Kelowna, Haas can be seen with his sketchpad. Walking around the cities he visits and taking down the sights in charcoal.

Theo Haas is a quiet man with a lot going on inside his head. His fire for being an amazing goalie might not always show through his passions and the way he carries himself. But he surely has that drive. He just shrouds it in mystery.

[253 Words]

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

A passionate scoring center, Kathwyrm Hepbjörn creates chances offensively whenever he’s on the ice. Possesses quick hands and tremendous puck skills. Hepbjörn has good size and strength, while he does a great job protecting the puck and is hard to knock off it. A fast skater, who has strong shooting tools and can rip hard wrist or backhand shots. Hepbjörn has excellent vision and can make fine seem plays. Has improved his play without the puck, it’s still among his weaknesses, though. A true game-breaking forward, who has matured over the past couple of years and can electrify a team’s offense.

When Kathwyrm is not lighting it up on the ice, he is an avid bear hunter. Over the past 5 years, Sweden's Västra Götaland region has been experiencing a population explosion of bears, and residents of the region have been encouraged to control their populations so that they don't begin to terrorize urban areas. Kathwyrm was glad to heed the call of his country, and famously whittled down a dozen Warrior Dolomites into sharp javelins - achieving deadly bear head shots from no less than 20 feet away. Hepbjörn recently won a local trophy for his heroism, which he then forged into a deadly weapon and on behalf of the Vancouver Whalers murdered a family of 7 bears that very same day. Kathwyrm is also an avid green tea enthusiast, and watches curling at every opportunity.

[Image: Kathwym-Hepbjorn-Sig-Full.jpg]

Center - #77 Kathwyrm Hepbjörn | Profile | Updates
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 05:48 PM by Darkened_Rose_16.)

What do I do off the ice? Well, I spend a lot of my free time on the ice. It’s where I feel most like myself. I got really used to that living in the Pacific Northwest. All the rain made going to the rink an easy choice. But when the sun is out, I love the beach. I love going to the beach and walking for miles, not even caring how far I have to walk back. You can almost always catch me with headphones in or some sort of music playing. Since moving to America, I met a Deaf girl that I went to school with. Because of her I learned ASL (American Sign Language) and became fluent. I take a lot of enjoyment in interpreting music into ASL. When I feel like it is good enough, I will sometimes post them online for people to enjoy. Sometimes, I sing in the videos. A little hidden talent of mine. Like most ladies, I enjoy getting dressed up and doing my makeup. Sometimes for no reason. I am very tomboyish. I like being outdoors, working on cars, and getting dirty. I also have no issues dancing in public if a good song comes on.

205 words

[Image: Tadisko.png]

Off the ice, Timmo Kyllonen isn't much different than most 18 year olds. In a sit down interview he expressed one of his pass times include drinking craft beers with his teammates or friends from back home, where he is legally allowed to drink. Unfortunately for Timmo, he has stated his displeasure since finding out the drinking age in Nova Scotia (the location of his new team, the Halifax Raiders) is 19! Timmo has found other ways to keep himself busy since moving to Halifax, Nova Scotia although, including a new found focus and drive to work out and improve his skills every chance he can off ice. At his current 6'1" 185 pounds, TK is already in well enough shape but says he is driven to improve his acceleration and slap shot power by weight lifting. When not lifting weights, practicing or playing for the Raiders, Timmo says he enjoys his relaxation time in the sauna. It was rumored upon his contract signing with Halifax that a "sauna clause" was included but never publicly confirmed until later. The rumor had it that Timmo negotiated a $100,000+ CAD state of the art sauna into his deal and Halifax management came through. Timmo later commented that this was true and boasted that his sauna room was bigger than some people's houses. Well equipped, he mentioned the inclusion of a state of the art audio system, drop down flat screen televisions on every wall, massaging chairs and ambient color changing LED lighting. 

250 Words.

[Image: Lemonade.gif]
raiders [Image: pqKRPO4.png] [Image: DrC3FxE.png] raiders

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]