Create Account

Wasty/vbottas Appeal Decision

04-29-2019, 10:35 PMTorbvo Wrote: I will be back in 2 weeks with my immediate reaction to this thread

You will be back in 2 weeks with your 2 week reaction to this thread... does this mean you will be back in a month then?

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 10:59 PM by Wasty.)

The only thing immediate in this entire thing was HO's decision to punish LAP. The punishment happened within hours of Bottas stepping down, I would hate to order dinner expecting it immediately and getting it two weeks later, but I guess I should say thanks to the HO for THE WIN of saving 500k in cap space, what a relief lol.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

ITT:

QQ

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 03:28 AM by Chris-McZehrl.)

Is this rule only for Co-GMs? because I saw several Head GMs doing exactly those things! recreate and after the SHL Draft they stepped down!

of course that was way in the past but just ask about that to clarify for myself and probably the league.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

In an effort to help clear up confusion surrounding this incident we have altered the wording from:

A. GM Recreation Rule
  1. Recreating GMs are automatically added to their team's roster at the time of the draft. This does not use one of the team's picks.

2. An Assistant GM who has a tenure of 3 or more seasons in a management position can have their recreate retained by the team and maintain their position. The team's earliest 2nd round pick is used for this player. If the team does not possess a 2nd round pick, the team must use a 1st round pick or allow the player to be drafted normally.

3. If a General Manager wishes to resign and has a player entering the upcoming draft, they must step down before the draft and enter it as a normal player. Resigning immediately after the draft will result in the player being removed from the team.
To: 

A. GM Recreation Rule
  1. Recreating GMs are automatically added to their team's roster at the time of the draft. This does not use one of the team's picks.

2. An Assistant GM with 3 or more years of service must draft their re-create with the team's earliest 2nd round pick; if no 2nd is available, a 1st must be used.

3. A Manager wishing to resign from their post must do so before the Trade Deadline of their SHL draft season or they will enter the draft normally.  

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Ok cool so no rules related to post draft.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

04-30-2019, 09:39 PMDangles13 Wrote: In an effort to help clear up confusion surrounding this incident we have altered the wording from:

A. GM Recreation Rule

2. An Assistant GM who has a tenure of 3 or more seasons in a management position can have their recreate retained by the team and maintain their position. The team's earliest 2nd round pick is used for this player. If the team does not possess a 2nd round pick, the team must use a 1st round pick or allow the player to be drafted normally.

3. If a General Manager wishes to resign and has a player entering the upcoming draft, they must step down before the draft and enter it as a normal player. Resigning immediately after the draft will result in the player being removed from the team.
To: 

A. GM Recreation Rule

2. An Assistant GM with 3 or more years of service must draft their re-create with the team's earliest 2nd round pick; if no 2nd is available, a 1st must be used.

3. A Manager wishing to resign from their post must do so before the Trade Deadline of their SHL draft season or they will enter the draft normally.  

While this is all good clarification, I’m confused as to how this applies to the situation at hand?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 10:55 PM by BigTittySmitty.)

So, are you now saying the coGM in question must resign after the trade deadline after they are drafted?  If so, I think LAP should get a freebie on the Bottas situation. Since the rule then was followed or be compensated with a compensation draft pick because of the situation at hand.

"An Assistant GM with 3 or more years of service must draft their re-create with the team's earliest 2nd round pick; if no 2nd is available, a 1st must be used."
- is that calendar years or do you mean 3 seasons?

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

I think dangles forgot like half the text of number 3?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 11:58 PM by ztevans.)

Alright so I've said this before but hey maybe rule alterations and changes should be their own topic so the league is more aware of them.

Also thanks, I hate it. Literally the only issue anyone had was the definition of "immediately." We have the answer to that now, at the expense of clarity on what happens if you break the rule or even how long you have to be Co-GM to gain exemption. Impressive, actually.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 11:57 PM by ztevans.)

Jfc can we put some kind of label on edit and quote

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:A Manager wishing to resign from their post must do so before the Trade Deadline of their SHL draft season or they will enter the draft normally.  
[Image: giphy.gif]

#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 02:23 AM by Sami.)

Rule change doesn't even make sense. So what happens if he resigns after the Draft? Is there still a punishment and what is it?

And most importantly: if yes, when is the GM allowed to resign without a punishment?

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

Can we get some light shed on this? By the rule change it seems Bottas/LAP wouldn’t be punished?

Love the fact that HO has made the new rule even more vague and incomprehensible than it already was. If a GM has to step down before the trade deadline of their draft season they enter the draft normally anyways. A team can't autodraft someone who isn't their GM.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page