Create Account

Wasty/vbottas Appeal Decision

I have several questions...

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Im pretty sure its supposed to be something in the line of the player being removed from the team if he steps down before the trade deadline of the season he was drafted, but that might just be me, because with the rulechange posted LA did nothing wrong. ?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Free Formy

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

05-01-2019, 02:04 PMSamee Wrote: lol lap

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

This is ... not great

I messed up the wording a wee bit. It is supposed to be along the lines of either or.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

05-01-2019, 03:49 PMDangles13 Wrote: I messed up the wording a wee bit. It is supposed to be along the lines of either or.

It still isn't addressing the issue we have here.

At what point can a GM or Co-GM resign after they have been drafted by their team?

I don't think there was ever a question about resigning before the draft because it's acknowledged that if you aren't a GM or Co-GM you are eligible to be drafted by anyone.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 04:36 PM by crutch.)

I don't really have any dog in this fight besides the fact that LAP is in our division and when shit hurts them it makes it better for us (lol) but I don't think that this new rule change is appropriate or fixes what happened here.

A. GM Recreation Rule

Code:
Recreating GMs are automatically added to their team's roster at the time of the draft. This does not use one of the team's picks.

ok

Code:
An Assistant GM with 3 or more years of service must draft their re-create with the team's earliest 2nd round pick; if no 2nd is available, a 1st must be used.

ok

Code:
A Manager wishing to resign from their post must do so before the Trade Deadline of their SHL draft season or they will enter the draft normally.  

this is more unclear than the rule that we had before. what happens if they don't step down before trade deadline of their draft season? what if something serious comes up in their life where they can't fufill GM obligations? are they to be punished for that? There should be a specific time limit that a GM can't step down for. I don't think bottas was trying to fuck the system up by going through the draft like that - he's been with LAP forever, he's not super active anymore (sorry bottas).

I still think that the punishment given to LAP was garbage, specifically because 'immediately' is an unclear term, and by the rulebook, LAP didn't do anything illegal. To fix the unclarity of the rule, HO decides to put in a rule with more ambiguity in order to fix it, while punishing LAP to follow the new rulebook?

I agree with the fact that was LAP did was sketchy, and they knew exactly what they were doing by getting Bottas to step down 2 weeks after the deadline - but by the rulebook they didn't do anything illegal and to be punished for that is kind of BS because the rulebook was not written efficiently.

hard pass on this rule change.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 05:14 PM by Sami.)

Actually, immediately isn't an unclear term. At least in german law system, the definition for immediately roughly amounts to "without culpable hesitation". I think American law isn't too different in that regard. So IF LAP intentionally waited two weeks to announce the resigning, a penalty is deserved. This would not be the case if any new circumstance occured after the draft which lead to bottas stepping down. So the explanation that the HO had the feeling that LAP intentionally waited should be enough to warrant a penalty.

We still need a better ruling and the new wording actually is worse imo.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

05-01-2019, 05:14 PMSami Wrote: Actually, immediately isn't an unclear term. At least in german law system, the definition for immediately roughly amounts to "without culpable hesitation". I think American law isn't too different in that regard. So IF LAP intentionally waited two weeks to announce the resigning, a penalty is deserved. This would not be the case if any new circumstance occured after the draft which lead to bottas stepping down. So the explanation that the HO had the feeling that LAP intentionally waited should be enough to warrant a penalty.

We still need a better ruling and the new wording actually is worse imo.
For the record Bottas did offseason tasks and even did tasks for me up until he stepped down. Nowhere before or after the draft did he “check out” as Co-Gm and just allow LAP to get his player using a now null and void draft pick.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

I'm still not sure how you can feel out "intent" and rule on it given what Wasty just said

05-01-2019, 07:44 PMGCool Wrote: I'm still not sure how you can feel out "intent" and rule on it given what Wasty just said

This.

HO's decision to uphold the punishment to Bottas was based off of what they felt was done. All indications point to Bottas having the intention of remaining on as LAP Co-GM as he was still well involved in the tasks as Co-GM. On top of that, the wording of the rule used is very weak (and even more convoluted now). The term immediately is pretty clear cut in its definition, which would have been following the draft, or even right after Bottas was picked. That's really not the case here and I think HO got this one wrong. I also don't like that LAP essentially lost a 2nd rounder because Bottas has to leave as a FA.

HO got the ruling wrong and the rule change made the rule worse than it was written before. I'm not one to harp on HO and the league, but I think you guys are 0/2 on this one.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

04-30-2019, 09:39 PMDangles13 Wrote: In an effort to help clear up confusion surrounding this incident we have altered the wording from:

A. GM Recreation Rule
  1. Recreating GMs are automatically added to their team's roster at the time of the draft. This does not use one of the team's picks.

2. An Assistant GM who has a tenure of 3 or more seasons in a management position can have their recreate retained by the team and maintain their position. The team's earliest 2nd round pick is used for this player. If the team does not possess a 2nd round pick, the team must use a 1st round pick or allow the player to be drafted normally.

3. If a General Manager wishes to resign and has a player entering the upcoming draft, they must step down before the draft and enter it as a normal player. Resigning immediately after the draft will result in the player being removed from the team.
To: 

A. GM Recreation Rule
  1. Recreating GMs are automatically added to their team's roster at the time of the draft. This does not use one of the team's picks.

2. An Assistant GM with 3 or more years of service must draft their re-create with the team's earliest 2nd round pick; if no 2nd is available, a 1st must be used.

3. A Manager wishing to resign from their post must do so before the Trade Deadline of their SHL draft season or they will enter the draft normally.  

Nicely done, a rule change to help with clear it up as well. Thanks!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

wait ... was bottas planning to remain as co-GM, but something changed his circumstances after the draft leading to him stepping down?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia