Create Account

WFT's: Make the Case (S47)

The St. Louis Scarecrows have officially moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.
For: Considering they have now acquired Gaspard Boone, that already ranks STL as the coolest team in the SMJHL. We are also on an ELEVEN game win streak. Sorry babes, it's Scarecrow time. 

With the additions of Artemi Berezin and Sophia Bennett the best team in the SHL is now.. the West Kendall Platoon
For: Despite trading away their best player, Gaspard Boone, Artemi and Sophia are amazing additions to the team and anyone would be lucky to have them. 

The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.
For: It's not like it's easy to surpass 350 TPE in your first season. Like others have mentioned, the SMJHL does gear towards new people to the site and if the gap were that much bigger, it could seem like a daunting task to go up against guys who are seemingly so much further advanced than you are. If you are really grinding out TPE that hard and fast, it wont be long before youre drafted to SHL anyway.

For:

Quote:With the additions of Artemi Berezin and Sophia Bennett the best team in the SHL is now.. the West Kendall Platoon

Numbers don't lie. Last season WKP finished with the best team corsi in the league but they didn't make the playoffs because of the goaltending (Proof).
This season Beaujeaux Biscuit has bounced back and WKP is still a great possession team. Only 2 of their players are below 50% corsi (Ludwig Koch Schroder/49.68 and Dayymo Ralchankinov/48.89).
Quite remarkable.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Against the 350 Cap.

To consider this effectively, consider a SMJHL team's economy of scale nowadays compared to 10 seasons ago. They used to encourage every rookie by having them work hard all year to reach the cap which would absolutely guarantee them a starting position. Now, entire SMJHL teams are filled with 350-capped players because their SHL teams have no need for them yet. More new people won't see a point in grinding for 8 months to see marginally more time, and veterans like me will even lose interest when chemistry isn't great and I'm stuck with the same built players game-in and game-out. It's annoying. Make it 500.

Calgary's Otis B. Driftwood could do the unthinkable and win the scoring title as a defenseman.

BS! Not going to happen! While it's true Calgary is not very deep so their top scorers will get more points I just don't see OBD finishing first overall as a Dman. Not going to happen! The forward crew will step up down the stretch and he will be left a bit behind.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

By S49 the Chicago Syndicate will climb past New Orleans as the better expansion franchise.

Against: While I do believe Chicago could be a Playoff contender by S49, New Orleans young stars will have become even better and continue to keep the Specters ahead of the Syndicate.

Against: The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.

The St-Louis Lame-ows will never officially surpass the Knights. Yeah they may have lined a couple championships but everyone knows they got the referees favor. The league prefers American markets and as such every finals they played the league made sure the refs knew they would lose their job if a bad call was made against the Scarecrows. The Kelowna Knights are the better team because the 40's are not over yet and they will win all the other championships. Ninja

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Code:
With 5 rookies in the starting lineup the New England Wolfpack will hold off Chicago, Tampa and Hamilton and make the playoffs.

For:

Since us rookies have lower TPE levels to begin with every update has more of an impact on our game. Currently New England is already in a playoff spot and taking the logic from my first sentence into account, we should likely get better, or at least stay at the same level, over time.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Quote:The St. Louis Scarecrows have officialy moved passed the Kelowna Knights as the best SMJHL team of the S40's.
AGAINST As of right now that statement would be pure opinion. The next three season hold the key to claims of the Team of the 40's.
Further, I give the edge grudgingly to the GMs of the St.Louis franchise both present and recent past they are the levers that will tip the balance in the Haysmokers favor. But, that could change if nictox can't tote the load as Joe K./TDZ did.

Quote:The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.
AGAINST For reasons obvious to anyone who's been in the J in the last 3 seasons. With the rapid growth the 350 cap is stagnating players who either can't get the call up or simply understand to be competitive in the "show" you need a minimum of 500 TPE. So while languishing at a max build many are in danger of going inactive from the boredom. And now I present further evidence.
https://youtu.be/a2KW0y2AFcU

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

For: The SMJHL has it right with the 350 TPE cap.

The purpose of the SMJHL is to be a smaller pool where you can test your build and learn to appreciate the community. Fostering first generation players is one of the most important tasks of the site. If the cap was any higher, the rookies would get crushed more than they currently do, first gens would get turned off by their empty stat lines, and would eventually go inactive and the site would cease to grow. The current cap seems to be at the right spot to reward hard-working rookies. Playing on a roster with only 4 capped players has stunted my opinion, though, and perhaps the way around this potential imbalance would be to add another expansion team to increase parity for capped players who are stuck on the 3rd line of stacked teams.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

By S49 the Chicago Syndicate will climb past New Orleans as the better expansion franchise.

Against: The Specters are set up for a cup window and then a quick retool thanks to great drafting and an amazing locker room. This is not a knock on Chicago, I just think New Orleans management team is going to keep them at the top of the crowd for a while.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Code:

For! I with this for somewhat obvious reasons, being apart of the most recent draft class in Chicago I know how much growing talent we have. When Martjin, Kennedy (I), Tibuk, Gunnar, Jules, Hutchinson, and Eva all go up we are going to be a force. In 2-3 season Chicago should compete and be able to win. Quote me on it. Go Syndicate!

Code:
 Against! With the 350 cap in the SMJHL you end up capping people for multiple season. Capped players in year 3-4 in the SMJHL should be and would be markedly better. They would have more time to mature, train, play, and gain experience, yet a 2nd year player can compete with and even be better than them seems a bit ridiculous.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

The Chicago Syndicate were very safe with their picks in the expansion draft. So safe that everyone called them out for being terrible with their picks. The biggest problem was the Specters went for the talent in a lot of cases and were less interested in long-term potential of who they were picking. Chicago did so, and because of this started out with a pretty awful team comparitively. However with those high draft picks coming into their possession (considering New Orleans is likely to make the playoffs these next two seasons while Chicago will be missing out) they will have a better potential to select elite talent and have long-term success. With two more seasons to go before S49 begins New Orleans could see a lot of that talent they acquired drop off while Chicago will be on their way up.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

05-03-2019, 11:22 AMluketd Wrote:
05-03-2019, 10:31 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: against. St. Louis has arguably been the class of the SMJHL in recent years, beating Kelowna in the Four Star Cup multiple times. Joe K, TML, and Nictox have been the best GMs in the J by far.

Against, I wouldnt put Nictox in the lump of Joe K and TML just yet. Also St louis has not been the best class of the SMJHL in recent seasons. in S47, Anahiem, Lethbridge, Kelowna has better draft classes respectivly. in S46 Halifax and Kelowna had the better draft class to date, drafting more players and having a higher average TPE. In S45 its both Kelowna and St Louis that had great draft classes
In S44 Detroit and Halifax had the better draft classes. in S43 Vancouver, St Louis and Anchorage had the best draft classes so far.

So yes St Louis have drafted some great players, but season by season they arent the best. Id argue that Halifax and Kelowna had some great draft classes in the past 5 seasons, along with Vancouver and St Louis with Vancouver going more of the 1st gen route, getting high activity from them, and St louis is always solid in that department.

Foragainst?
I wasn't talking about drafting per se. I was saying the team has been the class of the SMJHL production and results wise. However, I agree with the solid first gen drafting from STL. They've hit on a lot of them recently.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Against: Recent trades have pushed the Los Angeles Panthers out of post season aspirations until S51.

I played in the west too long to think anything is certain when it comes to the standings, it's possible that they'll have another down year next season but S51 is way too far off to think they will still be stuck in a retool by then. LAP still has a very strong roster with multiple 1k TPE players which will be bolstered by the additions of Fujikawa and Cannelini next season. On top of that, LAP has multiple assets/picks at their disposal which they can use to bolster their lineup in the coming seasons.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Against

The current Junior cap only serves to hinder active players as they will likely cap out after 1 season. Then they get to spend the next few seasons banking TPE because a 350 TPE skater is not effective in the SHL at all. So long as there is such a huge disparity between the SHL and SMJHL TPE builds we will see many players lose interest in keeping active. The stark difference between actively building your player to just banking TPE for some point down the road feels like a worse deterrent to new players than not being a superstar rookie. I understand you want rookies to contribute, but they will have just as hard of a time making an impact in a league filled with capped players. If their team has for example almost 3 lines of capped forwards, they are going to be playing 4th line minutes already. Considering that some rookies are over 200 TPE before their SMJHL draft also shows how fast the new players can grow. I think a cap increase of 40-50 per season played would be beneficial as it would allow the players to continue to diversify their builds and make for better competition. It would also show that players are getting better as they spend more time developing and not leave their season up to the whims of the sim. Unless something changes in the SHL where players are able to be called up sooner, the current cap is just another way to make players lose interest in the league. I would say the cap is not the only issue, but it is part of a much bigger problem with the league as a whole.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]