Create Account

SMJHL Conflict of Interest Rule Update
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 04:36 PM by JKortesi81.)

After some nice discussion, along with the general "this is stupid" sentiment that the SHL public has give this rule, the SMJHL HO has agreed that this never should've happened in the first place.

We will be changing the current rules that state:

Code:
B. GM Recreation Rule

1. All re-creating team management members must use their team's highest second (2nd) round pick in the SMJHL Draft their player is eligible for on their own player.
 2. If multiple management members recreate and enter the same SMJHL Draft, the team must use their own first (1st) and second (2nd) round picks to continue holding their roles.
 3. If any team management member recreates after the draft to circumvent this rule, the offender will be fired. The club will forfeit their second (2nd) round pick in the following season’s draft.

And once again making this rule GM/Co-GM ONLY.

The new (old) rules will now state:

Code:
B. GM Recreation Rule

1. All GMs and Co-GMs must use their team's highest second (2nd) round pick in the SMJHL Draft their player is eligible for on their own player.
 2. If both the GM and the Co-GM recreate and enter the same SMJHL Draft, the team must use their own first (1st) and second (2nd) round picks to continue holding their roles.
 3. If the GM or Co-GM of a team recreates after the draft to circumvent this rule, the offender will be fired. The club will forfeit their second (2nd) round pick in the following season’s draft.

While we know that most, if not all, junior teams have "Management Teams", they aren't going to be banned or anything silly like that. HOWEVER, i'd like to direct you to this rule yet again, along with its nice addition:

Code:
4. If a user holds a team management position while also having a player active in the SMJHL, that player *MUST* play for the team that the user holds the position for.
     Any attempt to circumvent these rules will carry the following punishment:
          1. Loss of a 1st round pick if the user in question does not play for the team
          2. The Offending GMs (the ones having someone in management while on another team) will be fired.

It's very simple. If you get caught having someone in your management channel that is on another junior team's roster, you'll lose your job AND your team loses a first round pick.

Don't do it.

I'm aware that there may be a scenario where you may trade a player from your team at the deadline, since the player in question is getting called up. When that happens, it is on the team trading the player to remove the player in question from the management team.

TL;DR:

You can't 'Auto-Draft' anyone that isn't your GM/Co-GM, it'll cost you a second rounder for those two.
Anyone with a player on another junior team can't be in your management team, or you get in trouble.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

this is stupid

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

JoeK posting conflict of interest rules for SMJHL

top kek

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

The satoshi rule

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

05-03-2019, 05:13 PMTheWoZy Wrote: The satoshi rule

the samee rule

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-03-2019, 04:55 PMnotorioustig Wrote: And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids

I mean, to be fair, you did. Haha.

Update Page
Player Page

can we just have 1 rule where the punishment is death by guillotine?

thanks

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

05-03-2019, 05:57 PMligma Wrote: can we just have 1 rule where the punishment is death by guillotine?

thanks

Well, people DO want HO to listen to the public more.

So yes.

Update Page
Player Page

05-03-2019, 05:39 PMJKortesi81 Wrote:
05-03-2019, 04:55 PMnotorioustig Wrote: And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids

I mean, to be fair, you did. Haha.

The perfect crime

Glad one team got to take advantage of a shitty rule before anyone else did Smile

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2019, 08:10 PM by Grapehead.)

05-03-2019, 07:57 PMKeygan Wrote: Glad one team got to take advantage of a shitty rule before anyone else did Smile

Typical Detroit amirite?

jk obvi don't get mad at me Falcons

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

05-03-2019, 08:10 PMGrapehead Wrote:
05-03-2019, 07:57 PMKeygan Wrote: Glad one team got to take advantage of a shitty rule before anyone else did Smile

Typical Detroit amirite?

jk obvi don't get mad at me Falcons

>:(

Git gud Scrub.

RETIRED