Create Account

Shl Superstar players

Excuse me if this has been brought up before as I’m a noob Smile

I’m curious about how people would think to implement “superstar” players into the shl. Basically a very good player right off the bat (their 3rd or 4th season). How would you balance something like having a very good player 4 seasons into creation? I’m interested in people’s opinions on this.

[Image: TB.jpg]
[Image: Skree.gif]

You can't really
Everyone would want to be a superstar, and if everyone is a superstar, no one truly is

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

05-11-2019, 04:39 AM.aaronwilson Wrote: You can't really
Everyone would want to be a superstar, and if everyone is a superstar, no one truly is

You could make it either a) really expensive to maintain or b) rare to have (maybe every 3rd recreate)

I’m more curious about balancing a superstar because there are ways to make it that not everyone can be one.

Maybe

Cost: $40-50M

Perk: start your first season in the SMJHL with 350 TPE.

Only way I could see it being balanced or any sort of “fair”

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Also: spitball idea so feel free to pick it apart and tell me how stupid I am

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

05-11-2019, 10:30 AMligma Wrote: Maybe

Cost: $40-50M

Perk: start your first season in the SMJHL with 350 TPE.

Only way I could see it being balanced or any sort of “fair”

Brb recreating

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-11-2019, 09:02 AMTydy Wrote:
05-11-2019, 04:39 AM.aaronwilson Wrote: You can't really

You could make it b) rare to have (maybe every 3rd recreate)

I retire, I recreate
I retire I recreate
I retire I recreate as superstar.

boom. 5 mins I retired and recreated until I got what I want. So that's out of the way.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Shameless plug to an old article I wrote

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

05-11-2019, 11:23 AMZoone16 Wrote:
05-11-2019, 09:02 AMTydy Wrote: You could make it  b) rare to have (maybe every 3rd recreate)

I retire, I recreate
I retire I recreate
I retire I recreate as superstar.

boom. 5 mins I retired and recreated until I got what I want. So that's out of the way.
Make it a minimum of 25 seasons played then.

Honestly it seems like some players just end up being way better than others kind of randomly. Like you'll have 2 guys with the same TPE and same meta build, but one will lead the league in scoring every year and the other guy just has average seasons for the most part. I don't think appointing select players to have a superstar special build is very necessary.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

05-11-2019, 04:13 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: Honestly it seems like some players just end up being way better than others kind of randomly. Like you'll have 2 guys with the same TPE and same meta build, but one will lead the league in scoring every year and the other guy just has average seasons for the most part. I don't think appointing select players to have a superstar special build is very necessary.

There are just so many variables per team and builds that can determine how well a player plays too

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]