Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47)

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

If I were to buy a jersey it would be Kit Smebs jersey. As a fellow falcon boi like myself, me and Kit go back to our 8 mile days so it's only proper that I buy his jersey. Plus being a rookie to the SHL like myself, us rookie falcon boiz need to stick together until we're sitting on top of the pole, shitting down on the competition

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

If I'm making a weekend of catching a game I'm going with Texas. Of the four teams it would definitely give you the most bang for your buck. You could probably grab a hotel for the weekend and tickets to a game or two for at least half the price in one of the other three cities. On top on that you have all that crazy delicious barbecue down there. No brainer.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

05-17-2019, 09:30 AMr1c3bowl22 Wrote: Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

I think there is an obvious managerial match up in the series involving the Rage. It is pretty ridiculous to completely ignore the fact a former simmer is their GM. He obviously will know all the tricks of the trade.

true but velevra was a simmer as well for the IIHF.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?
I think Walter Hobbs holds the goalie advantage for Texas in their matchup with the pride. Hobbs isn't that far removed from stellar seasons and he will definitely have more of an opportunity to steal a game for Texas than would Patridge I believe. Hobbs will prove to be a still elite netminder and carry Texas through this opening matchup.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

I would have to go with Luke Atmey's jersey. He has had a long and storied career as a player already, but what he has managed to do this season in leading the Syndicate in scoring by almost 20 in carrying them to the playoffs on his back has been phenomenal. Really looking forward to seeing his performance.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

If I had to buy a jersey I'd go with a Luke Thomason jersey. Luke has been a great player and an even better person and the support and confidence he has put in to me would be reason alone to buy a jersey and support him and Manhattan. He plays the game the way it should be played and I don't think there is anyone who doesn't like Luke. Easy decision to buy a Thomason jersey in preparation for the playoffs.

@"luketd"

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

I'd definitely buy a Daniel Smeb jersey since they're cheap, I would then get the "D" removed from the back of the jersey and pretend that it's actually a Parker Smeb jersey since they're expensive.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 10:14 AM by CanadianDuck.)

What player are you worried about in there series and why?

Luke Atmey is clearly the biggest threat on either side of the ice between Chicago and Manhattan. If Manhattan can shut him down, this series could go either way, otherwise Atmey could push his team through with his dominance alone. 

Who needs to step up for their team to win?

For the Rage, Alex Winters and James Dekens need to produce goals to make the difference. They've struggled at times, though when they get rolling, so do the Rage. Manhattan has relied on low scores for their record and they'll need to be able to score in any circumstance to advance out of this series.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

I think this series will come down to Texas and Manhattan’s third lines being flat out better than SFP & Chicago’s. While the Smeb line had a decent season together and are the future for the Syndicate, they don’t hold a candle to the Novak-Kastrba-Dekens line. Prior to the trade deadline, James Dekens was one of the most impressive offensive players for Manhattan, despite playing the majority of the year on the third line, and will look to exploit the depth of Chicago.

The same goes true for Texas over San Francisco. The Pride’s third line of Hoover-King-Reid just does not have the punch to match up with Logan Jensen and Andreas Kvalheim on Texas’ third line.

One thing everyone needs to learn is never count out Walter Hobbs. He’s a dominant force who can take over a game or series without much shock. Unless outstanding SMJHL goalie Patrice Nadeau is called up for the playoffs and continues playing like a man possessed, I think this matchup heavily favors Texas. His numbers might not weigh it out, but Hobbs is as dangerous a player as anyone in these playoffs. If the Renegades go on a run, it’ll be because of Walter Hobbs.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I would absolutely buy the jersey of The Dude on the Texas Renegades. They clearly have the best logo out of these four teams, sporting a bandit with a handkerchief covering the face in gray and black. Not only that but having the last name 'Dude' on your jersey seems like a cool one to have. I also heard he gives autographs to anyone and everyone.

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Easy, I'd go full goon and get a @Loganjj21 sweater. Boy knows how to ruffle feathers and if I had to choose a kit it would be his. however, this is only because I'd currently own buffalo versions of Tez and Velvy jerseys.

Is buy a jersey of San Francisco Pride backup, Patrice Nadeau. He was a stud this year in his 5 games played and then I can say I got a jersey of him before it became cool as I can see him having quite a career.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Without a doubt there is in the Chicago and Manhattan series. While I think Crawfling is a good goalie with a great future, Jay Bae for the Syndicate put up a far better save percentage and GAA and had more shutouts as well. Chicago can ride on Jay Bae to try to win this series.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

As a junior league teammate of Muerto, I've always been a big fan, and would be proud to own his jersey. He was a helluvah teammate,so I am wishing him much success in his playoff series.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]