Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47)

When it comes down to who will win the series, I always like to see how teams did against each other in the regular season. In these cases:

Manhattan won the season series against Chicago 3-1 (one win was in a shootout)

This would suggest these two teams aren’t that far off from each other, but there’s more to the story. Jay Bae was obviously this year’s Benjamin Blue (not that great if a goalie but had some STHS luck help) and got Chicago into the playoffs. And just like Blue, in the playoffs I expect her to come back down to Earth. Manhattan underachieved this season, and I think they’ll figure it out in the playoffs. People are quick to point out that JY was the simmer so he has an advantage, but the truth is that people forget that Velevra was the IIHF simmer for the last 1,000 season or whatever. So it’s not that big of an advantage. Prediction: MAN in 6.

Texas held a 4-2 advantage against San Francisco this season, with one victory in OT. The goal differential was 21-20, and this series looks to be closer than the other WC round. I feel like these teams are very even in net, on defense, and in the GM category too. The only difference is that I see a little more offense from Texas and if Garrett can be Garrett, expect TEX to take this series in 6, just like in the regular season. TEX in 6

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

I think the syndicate can exploit the second line of the Rage. Having one of your best point scores also one of your weakest defending lines can be a huge problem. It also shows a bit of weakness on the first line of forwards when the second line winger is the team leader in points. I believe this match up will cause problems for the rage and the syndicate will advance to the next round

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

How do you see this series playing out?

I think Chicago destroys Manhattan. Chicago has a distinct advantage in net and one of the best wingers in the league in Luke Atemy. Anyone who doesn't think that this series will be over in 4 clearly doesn't know hockey. Calling it now Chicago sweeps Manhattan.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Quote:If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

I am getting a jersey of my homie Charlie Schieck. Dudes an absolute stud and I would love to walk around repping him while I go out and buy groceries or some shit you know.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?
I would grab a Leshaun King jersey to reminisce about the past, the legend in making that fell out of the lineup but has yet to be forgotten. The old Halifax GM that helped build a great team on a single draft.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I would love to have tickets for the San  Francisco Pride. Rent is just so expensive out here and I feel like I could sell the tickets to help me pay for the cost of living.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

What player are you worried about in there series and why?

Truthfully I am worried about vlad konstantino. He has always been a wild card and I'm not sure if his head is in this series. I was hoping he would be a ppg player but not living up to the hype, I think he'll be in his head and not preform in this series.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Code:
If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

If I were going to buy any non Specters jersey, not just a jersey from these series, I would buy a Leopold Lockhart Pride jersey.  Leo is probably my favorite current SHL defender (sorry Perry) and since it is still his rookie season I could look super cool by owning his jersey before he becomes a SHL superstar and everybody has one.  I'm hoping to make it to one of the games to make it happen!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Quote:What player are you worried about in their series and why?
I am always worried about Leo Lockhart of the San Francisco Pride. His existence is one of the main reasons that Dominic Montgomery gets up in the morning and I just hope he has a good time in the playoffs. No one better fight 'em. Texas got some heavy hitters.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

I would love to have season tickets for the Texas Renegades. They're consistently good, and have a chance at playoffs every year. They're not the most dominant team, but they always put on a show.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Who needs to step up for there team to win?

I have the Rage winning their Wild Card series against the Syndicate, but for that to happen, Jax Aittokallio needs to step up. As his team's first line centre, he needs to produce like one. I'm expecting him to breakout this playoffs and emerge as a leader and star for Manhattan.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

If I were to bet I'd take Manhattan in the East. I like the Syndicate a lot but I think based on last season and the roster they have, Manhattan should be able to rally and pull ahead in the playoffs.

Tough to call a series I'm GMing honestly. I think this one could be really tough for us. I like our team but the Pride are a strong team and we do match up quite evenly in many areas. I'm looking at our superstar calibre guys to make the difference for us. Big names like Garrett and O'Callaghan are going to need to turn up and deliver if we want to secure a series win here.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

Ty Hoover on the San Francisco Pride will be a player to watch in these upcoming playoff match-ups. With only 8 points in the season, he will definitely be a player to look forward to since we can only expect him to step up his game.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, and Ragnarr for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Its entirely possible that Chicago uses whatever voodoo sim magic they've been cooking up all season long to take down Manhattan in a stunning upset, but somehow I'm not buying it. I feel it'll be Manhattan in 5, with their young core running wild on the Syndicate and taking their next step forward after the mandated "learning experience" last season.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

I would choose a Smeb jersey. This would take care of supporting as many players as possible at one time. Daniel, Kit, and Parker will all have their bases covered.
Plus, I'm pretty sure one of the Smebs was in my smjhl draft, so I'd like to support them for that as well!