Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47)
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 12:55 PM by Gray.)

Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Chicago definitely has a goalie advantage over Manhattan as the Rage goalie has put up slightly below average stats of .900 save percentage and a 3.12 GAA while the Syndicate goaltender has been doing great with a .915 save percentage and a 2.84 GAA. Clearly an advantage for the Chicago Syndicate.

[Image: grayhd.gif]

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

The matchup between the Texas Renegades and the San Francisco Pride should be a close one. Texas slightly edged out the Pride when they met in the regular season, winning 4 of the 6 games played with one going to overtime. Texas only outscored the Pride by one goal in total through those games. For San Fran to take home the series they may have to rely on their special team play which is just that much tighter than the Renegade’s.

Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or WKP if they could advance? .. if so how come?

I think MAN has the better chance to make a series out of WKP. They've got the depth to at least compete with them, but we'll have to see if they can shut down the Platoon's top stars (if they advance)

In the west I don't think either team has much of a chance against NOLA. SFP has the defense to maybe shut down NOLA but will have a lot of trouble scoring with that offensive group. Texas, if EVERYTHING goes right, could maybe take out NOLA. But it's a big stretch I think.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Code:
If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

If I were gonna buy a jersey, it would for sure be Leopold Lockhart's. Why? Because that's my player, duh. Didn't have a particularly great season, but that doesn't matter. Clinging hard to that bias.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Code:
Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

Of the four teams that are playing in the S47 Wild Card series, the arena that i would love to visit for during a Wild Card series game would have to be the Chicago  syndicate as they have an amazing arena atmosphere that always turns it up a notch for the playoffs. Also Chelsea Dagger haunts visiting teams nightmares whenever the  syndicate scores a goal on home turf.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

Walter Hobbs easily, the guy is probably the frontrunner to beat out Jordin FourFour's goalie records that have never been broken since the netminder retired in S25. Over 22 seasons since then, no goalie has come close to breaking his records, so I think Hobbs has the best chance and why not root him on!

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Obviously I would have to buy a Luke Thompson jersey, he is the only good non goalie candidate for it, not to mention my GM in the J, so if i didnt give this as my answer i would probably get benched.

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

The special teams matchup in Manhattan vs. Chicago could be a difference maker. These two teams finished second and third, respectively, in PK% this season - 84.17% for Manhattan and 83.33% for Chicago. Manhattan proved to be more effective at scoring on the powerplay, finishing fifth in the league at 24.49%. Chicago, on the other hand, finished third-to-last on PP scoring at 16.27%. With PK units being a strength for both teams, PP goals could be scarce, and more intensely so for the Syndicate. If Manhattan can score a few on the man advantage and neutralize Chicago's pp unit, the series may end up in their favor.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

I expect Daniel, Parker, and Kit Smeb to step up for the Chicago Syndicate now that playoffs have arrived! These 3 young players had a slow start to the season but have quickly picked it up and are eager to show the league that they are playoff performers.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

05-17-2019, 08:32 AMTomasnz Wrote:
05-17-2019, 08:15 AMWeretarantula Wrote: If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

Obviously one of Leopold Lockhart. You can see they have all the potential to become an absolutely amazing defenceman, and having jerseys of soon to be league legends is never a bad thing. Sure, it wasn't the greatest season for them points wise, but I'm looking at the future here. @ej27

I'd also be looking to get my hands on a Leopold Lockhart shirt to go with the signed Anchorage one I already have. Best of luck pride!

Give me a Jack Tanner jersey. The man's been so loyal to San Francisco and has waited for so long yo make the playoffs before finally breaking into it this season. The man deserves to get a win.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

How do you see this series playing out?

I see San Francisco winning their wild card series as they can perform well collectively. Of course there are areas they can improve in such as scoring but everyone is pretty responsible defensively and should help the goaltender not having to steal a game on his own if they can shut down the renegades' attack.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or WKP if they could advance? .. if so how come?
New Orleans had a far better season against San Francisco then against Texas. So it is in Nolas best interest to have SFP advance and make for an easier second round.
*Mika Mayfield withholds any comments about the Manhattan Rage*

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

05-17-2019, 08:15 AMWeretarantula Wrote: If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

Obviously one of Leopold Lockhart. You can see they have all the potential to become an absolutely amazing defenceman, and having jerseys of soon to be league legends is never a bad thing. Sure, it wasn't the greatest season for them points wise, but I'm looking at the future here. @ej27

I second this, Lockhart for the win!

05-17-2019, 09:14 AMFlowseidon Wrote: If I were to get a jersey it'd be of my boy Goku. He's a great young player who will have a lot of staying power with this roster.

In fact I think I might just pull the trigger and steal it from his bag

Do it! Just "borrow" it, itll be fine. Then give it to me :eyes:

05-17-2019, 11:36 AMKalakar Wrote: If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?
I would grab a Leshaun King jersey to reminisce about the past, the legend in making that fell out of the lineup but has yet to be forgotten. The old Halifax GM that helped build a great team on a single draft.

:sob:  pride pride pride pride :sob:

im not crying, your crying!