Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47)

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

Without a question I would buy my line mate, Luke Atmey' jersey. The guy is an absolute legend for starters. He put our team on his back all season long and willed us in to the playoffs. Lastly, I'm pretty sure he appled on every goal I scored this year. He elevates his game, and in doing so, elevates the games of all those around him.

Quote:How do you see this series playing out?

First of all i guess you can call this round more like the wild west round instead of the wild card round. The two series are very similar: men with guns versus fierce animals. It all depends how good they (Chicago and Texas) can aim before those fierce animals catch them (Manhattan and San Francisco).

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

05-17-2019, 04:24 PMgordieboom Wrote:
Quote:How do you see this series playing out?

First of all i guess you can call this round more like the wild west round instead of the wild card round. The two series are very similar: men with guns versus fierce animals. It all depends how good they (Chicago and Texas) can aim before those fierce animals catch them (Manhattan and San Francisco).

I appreciate this reply. I will not un-see this now.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

Izzy got allot of SHL jerseys in the closet and for this wild card series I’m sporting my #42 Jakub Novak jersey.

@Esso2264

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Code:
Coming into the league, I was really looking forward to doing the post-game jersey swaps that every league in the world does outside of hockey. The corny symbol of sportsmanship is a self-promoting way to say "keep looking at me" "hey parents watching this game, I'm posing for pictures because of my ethics, buy your kid my jersey and he or she will have ethics too!". A real sport does a handshake line, where you keep your head down unless you need to pass a softspoken word to your competitive rival. You shake hands, you salute the crowd, and you skate to the locker room where the healthy scratches should have the beers ready by then.
As a player who is just getting their first taste of meaningful playing time, I have a soft spot for the grinders and the bottom 6 forwards. these are the guys that have to show up to get the beers cold. No promise of minutes. They could count their shifts on one hand. these are the "every man" and they are the ones to get the loudest cheers when they do their loser laps during the TV timeouts.
I Shattenkirksbed is this every man. He is the player that I root the loudest for. When I'm working late, and my phone buzzes to tell me that "I" got a secondary assist, that's is what prompts me to text my group thread. I would never take "I" in the #BuccigrossOvertimeChallenge but I would take his jersey off the rack in the gift shop. 
I've also got a soft spot for Parker Smeb, on the Chicago Syndicate. He gave me an old signed Colorado jersey before he got called up / called himself up, but that's purely for decoration and memories.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?:

If there was one player who's jersey I would buy from this series it would be Jack Tanner. Playing with Jack on the first pairing for the Pride before the Odegard trade was the highlight of my career so far. He was always willing to help out and just genuinely a great guy. Others would include Schieck, Bork, and of course King because would wouldn't want to have the jersey of arguably one of the biggest busts of all time Smile

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Code:
Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?
Well, Chicago definitely has the managerial advantage. Velevra is the best GM in the league (don't @ me) and he assisted by the best Co in the league, ofer. We also have the best co-co GM in kyl (i think), and some of the best co-co-co gm's with jnh and kit. Then of course you can't forget me, the co-co-co-co GM of the team. Whatever irrelevant team Chicago faces doesn't have a chance against this all-star management team.

Code:

I'd buy Jax Aittokallio's jersey. Honestly, I'm not too partial to any of these teams, but a) JY's my friend b) I'd never have to buy another jersey, since clearly, there's going to be an Aittokallio of some sort playing in Manhattan until the dawn of fucking time.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Code:
Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

Leopold Lockhart and Ty Hoover, both San Francisco Pride rookies, will need to step up their third line play for a wildcard series win against Texas.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 06:28 PM by Daco.)

What player are you worried about in there series and why?

I'd say Luke Thomason @"luketd" is the x-factor player to watch in this series. He has been know to absolutely shit the bed in high pressure situations so he can be the difference between Manhattan making a deep run or blowing their load too early here in the wild card round

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Code:

For Manhattan, they literally just have a gecko behind the bench? How do they plan on winning a series like this when a large portion of the managerial team can't even communicate to humans? It's a disaster waiting to happen. Chicago should definitely be looking to exploit this.

Code:
Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

San Francisco without a doubt. Being on the opposite side of the country to New England makes it hard to visit as opposed to some of the other city's in the wild cards. Also San Fran is just generally a very nice city and a decent place to be. 

Code:
How do you see this series playing out?

Manhattan will be hugely let down by their lack of human management and will suffer at the hand of the Syndicate in just 4 games. Over in the west, the series will be a long gruelling battle as the Pride fight to prove their right in the play-offs and the Renegades show their experience in high-importance match-ups. Texas will get the edge after a long 7 games.

Code:

Walter Hobbs, without a doubt. A class guy in general and is definitely one of my favourite goalies to play against. Always a good laugh around the net and even better (annoyingly) at stopping your shots. He definitely deserves a lot of love from the franchise.

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

The Manhattan Rage. I don't know what the team's jerseys are, but their aesthetics must be awesome (I am not being held captive to write this for them nor am I sponsored by them). Whatever the aesthetics, I'd just like to see the team play with their jerseys in this universe. It would be epic to watch, that's for sure. Even if they lose, the sight will be worth it.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

05-17-2019, 07:57 PMFlareon4043 Wrote:
Code:

For Manhattan, they literally just have a gecko behind the bench? How do they plan on winning a series like this when a large portion of the managerial team can't even communicate to humans? It's a disaster waiting to happen. Chicago should definitely be looking to exploit this.

Code:

San Francisco without a doubt. Being on the opposite side of the country to New England makes it hard to visit as opposed to some of the other city's in the wild cards. Also San Fran is just generally a very nice city and a decent place to be. 

Code:
How do you see this series playing out?

Manhattan will be hugely let down by their lack of human management and will suffer at the hand of the Syndicate in just 4 games. Over in the west, the series will be a long gruelling battle as the Pride fight to prove their right in the play-offs and the Renegades show their experience in high-importance match-ups. Texas will get the edge after a long 7 games.

Code:

Walter Hobbs, without a doubt. A class guy in general and is definitely one of my favourite goalies to play against. Always a good laugh around the net and even better (annoyingly) at stopping your shots. He definitely deserves a lot of love from the franchise.
Did you know geck was in detective pikachu!?

05-17-2019, 09:25 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

The Manhattan Rage. I don't know what the team's jerseys are, but their aesthetics must be awesome (I am not being held captive to write this for them nor am I sponsored by them). Whatever the aesthetics, I'd just like to see the team play with their jerseys in this universe. It would be epic to watch, that's for sure. Even if they lose, the sight will be worth it.
Hmmm awfully sus. You sure your not being held captive?

Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Alex Winters and Luke Thomason are two Czechian star forwards on the Rage. Their chemistry from IIHF needs to translate on the ice for Manhattan and result in some extra production for them to give the Rage the advantage in the series. Look for Manhattan to rely heavily on the dynamic duo’s production this series. 

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]