Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47)
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 08:36 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

The addition of the Wild Card series presents some new and exciting aspects to our playoff format! With only 2 matchups, 4 teams now have center stage and the leagues undivided attention. Added to the intrigue are the organizations involved as each come into these games with a very interesting story towards postseason. This weekend we are going to highlight, breakdown and discuss the Chicago Syndicate vs Manhatten Rage eastern wild card series as well as the San Francisco Price vs Texas Renegades wild card matchup in the west!

syndicate vs  Rage

[Image: 6KXBqCm.png]

[Image: hXRtFSW.png]

pride vs  Renegades

[Image: 7dNeb0n.png]

[Image: JffRlYv.png]

Code:
Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

Code:
Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

Code:
Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Code:
Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

Code:
Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

Code:
How do you see this series playing out?

Code:
What player are you worried about in there series and why?

Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or WKP if they could advance? .. if so how come?

Code:
If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

Task: A post or reply of 25 words or more will recieve 1 TPE.. while up to '8' people will be chosen as Participation+ members and will receive an additional uncapped TPE!

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Deadline: Sunday, 10 PM EDT

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

Obviously one of Leopold Lockhart. You can see they have all the potential to become an absolutely amazing defenceman, and having jerseys of soon to be league legends is never a bad thing. Sure, it wasn't the greatest season for them points wise, but I'm looking at the future here. @ej27

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

My choice is Fedor Shirobokov from the San Francisco Pride. He is a buddy from me so it would be a pleasure to buy a jersey from him!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

05-17-2019, 08:15 AMWeretarantula Wrote: If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

Obviously one of Leopold Lockhart. You can see they have all the potential to become an absolutely amazing defenceman, and having jerseys of soon to be league legends is never a bad thing. Sure, it wasn't the greatest season for them points wise, but I'm looking at the future here. @ej27

I'd also be looking to get my hands on a Leopold Lockhart shirt to go with the signed Anchorage one I already have. Best of luck pride!

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Code:

I think when you look at the Manhattan Vs Chicago series you see two teams at different points of their development cycle, Manhattan will be looking to demonstrate that the rebuild is over and to move on to face the league leading WKP in round 1. I see the series going 4-1 to Manhattan but that Chicago have done a fantastic job to get to the playoffs in only their second season of squad building.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I would definitely be buying myself a Noah Konn Jersey. Noah is a right winger for the Texas Renegades and a player after my own heart. An exceptionally strong man. He is not afraid to use that strength to his advantage out on the ice. His slap shot is one of the more powerful in the league. He throws his body around with abandon, trying to not only separate players from the puck, but heads from shoulders as well. Konn is a physical, team first player in an era when that is all too rare.

@NJBadApple

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

It's about time both franchises turn their recent luck around, but I think the Renegades will pull it out over the Pride. More talent & experience.

Words: 26

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 09:51 AM by awils13.)

Quote:Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Jay Bae was one of the best goalies in the regular season, as she finished with 2nd best sv% (0.915%). Her GAA was pretty high (2.84) which indicates a good goalie behind a bad team.

It was a down season for Manhattan's goalie Scottey Crawfling but he played just well enough for them to make the playoffs.

If Chicago Syndicate advance, their goalie Jay Bae will be a big reason why.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

05-17-2019, 08:51 AMaaronwilson Wrote:
Quote:Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Jay Bae was one of the best goalies in the regular season, as SHE finished with 2nd best sv% (0.915%).

Cheers

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 09:01 AM by Ace.)

I'd definitely pick up a Goku Muerto jersey because he's awesome. Plus, those Pride sweaters are beautiful. The kid has an immense potential and a super bright future. @Muerto

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

If I were to get a jersey it'd be of my boy Goku. He's a great young player who will have a lot of staying power with this roster.

In fact I think I might just pull the trigger and steal it from his bag

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

05-17-2019, 08:32 AMTomasnz Wrote:
05-17-2019, 08:15 AMWeretarantula Wrote: If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

I'd also be looking to get my hands on a Leopold Lockhart shirt to go with the signed Anchorage one I already have. Best of luck pride!

You two are exactly correct. I especially would be after Leo's shirt, as he was something of a mentor to me in my time at Anchorage. Besides, think how much it'll get on Ebay in a few years time

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 09:21 AM by Fordyford.)

Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

Leopold Lockhart had something of a disappointing rookie season, but he'll be looking to make his mark in the playoffs by bringing San Francisco to the next round.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 09:23 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Im not sure if theres a goalie advantage in the Texas/SFP series but the Walter Hobbs vs Chris Partridge match up is real good one! I fell like both netminders dont get the credit they deserve. Hobbs (1289) and Partridge (1244) both come in with high level player builds, both are now in there prime and both have the ability to be that hot goalie in the playoffs and carry there teams towards a title. I think this series starts and stops with Partidge and Hobbs.

@Mackkz, @Jearim

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?

I think there is an obvious managerial match up in the series involving the Rage. It is pretty ridiculous to completely ignore the fact a former simmer is their GM. He obviously will know all the tricks of the trade.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]