Create Account

S47 PT #5 - Cover Athlete

I know that it is usually the really flashy dangle and snipe players that get put on the cover of these games but I'd rather see some more well rounded players given the honor. That is why I'm going with Ludwig Koch Schroder (@Rabidsponge21 ) for the of the S48 game. LKS put up 39 points in S47, good enough for 8th best of all defensemen. Fourteen of those points came on the power play. More importantly, he blocked 102 blocks and threw 120 hits. That is the kind of rough and tumble hockey that gets people pumped up in a big game. He plays more minutes than anyone else on West Kendall with almost 27 a game. He is the number 1 defenseman on the team with the best regular season record of S47. LKS is the kind of defenseman that every team in the league wished they had anchoring their top pair. The combination of skill, grit, and determination make him a perfect choice for the cover of the game.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 10:10 AM by 39alaska39.)

[Image: Uo7T1jn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]
@Blastmeaway

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

[Image: Zmjtkz1.png]

@esilverm

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

PBE PT 11-4

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 12:45 PM by Narconis.)

[Image: zjZv4Tx.png]

@Nike

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

[Image: 112be9-1558287606.jpg]

@ToeDragon84

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

This season's choice for a cover athlete for the new video game is going to be quite a tough one because using the usual metrics, no one was ahead by a large margin and the clear favorite. Having a league leader with 10 more points than anyone else always makes the job way easier, but here that just isn't the case. The top four scorers this year had 62, 61, 61, and 60 points respectively, with the rest of the league leaders close behind. For that reason, because I can't choose a player based wholly on individual performance, I'm going to choose one based on a combination of their team performance and their individual performance. I'm going to choose a player from the Platoon, because they had an incredible season, getting 74 points with a record of 36-12-2, leading the entire league. The Platoon actually had two of the top four scorers, and their third leading scorer had 58, so even then it's not immediately clear. I'm going to eliminate Crossfit Jesus, because although he had the most points, he had by far the least hits, so he wasn't an all around player. I'm going to choose Dani Forsberg, because he had one less point than Crossfit Jesus, less penalty time than Berezin, and he was on the Platoon all season, unlike Berezin who was traded from the Wolfpack. Congrats to Dani Forsberg on making the cover!

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 02:17 PM by tweedledunn.)

[Image: SNyDV2S.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2019, 01:42 AM by Wawazat.)

As the cover athlete for EA sports SHL 48 video game. I originally had the idea of not just one player but, the entire starting Six from the West Kendall Platoon as I'm a toonie, and I believe barring a catastrophe the Platoon will be S47 SHL Champions. Then I remembered that any player who graces the cover of an EA game is jinxed and not wanting to put bad voodoo on my parent franchise I reconsidered and selected Center Demaricus Smith @Blastmeaway of the New Orleans Specters. Smith is the Season 47 regular season scoring champion (28 goals ,34 assists and 6 game winning goals) and he reflects the still new and trendy NOLA  Specters who are an easy sell to the casual fans and the parents of the mass of pre/post purple millennials that dwell in twitchverse. And should the dreaded EA curse occur and Smith and the Specters have a horrendous S48 ..well, they IS in voodoo country... Y'All go see that old witchy woman Haggis and dig up a Pumpkinhead that'll fix everything.

[Image: MV5BMTQ5Nzc5NTk4N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTMw...@._V1_.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

My suggestion for cover athlete is Tigole Bitties @Ace - the premier defenseman in the SHL. Bitties is at his absolute peak right now, a dominant force out on the ice, ranking 2nd in the entire league in TPE and a perennial Stevens award candidate. Despite the recent lack of team success in New England, Bitties is the face of a promising young franchise and what recent success that NEW has had is attributable to Mr. Bitties. In addition to the player's deserving resume, the black and green jerseys will look incredible on the cover of the game. EA is horny for sales, and Tigole Bitties is an A+ choice from a marketing standpoint. Not only is he a top-tier player right now, he's not going anywhere. No risk of a Peyton Hillis situation like Madden 12, where the player is voted on as a meme and immediately fades into irrelevancy. Bitties' status - both as a standout D-man in the league and as a player who will be wearing the NEW green for the rest of his career - is not in question.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Simmer claim

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Jordan von Matt should be the EA NHL cover athlete for the next iteration of the game. I think fans are tired of seeing the best player in the league on the cover. They've already got millions of dollars worth of sponsorships, why not give it to someone who really needs the recognition? Jordan's currently living out of his van because the Toronto North Stars won't pay him a high enough salary to afford a tiny condo in Toronto. Maybe that's more indicative of the impeding crash of the Canadian housing market, but that's another story for another point task. Jordan has everything that EA wants in a cover athlete. He's mildly attractive, somewhat looks like he belongs in the league, and can answer interview questions in four words or less. That, and he desperately needs the money.

Wait, it isn't a paid gig? Well screw it, give it to some other loser like Rex Kirkby or someone.

[Image: 400x200.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 08:28 PM by BDonini.)

[Image: 2145mky.png]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

[Image: 72BB8F13-CFD5-4BB6-81FA-8684FE5A2B3D.jpeg]
[Image: EDBCC23F-7C13-4A14-8260-6F5F774D3F7C.jpeg]
@JSS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

If I had to choose one guy to be on the cover of the SMJHL S48 video game, it would be none other than my teammate Boromini Cannellini. He has been the epitome of consistency in the SHL, always at the top of the league in goals and points. He is not only a great on-ice producer, but he is a true leader.

He has grown exponentially since his rookie season and has continued to impress. Even when his start to the season was sub par, he rallied in the second half of the season to get right back up the leader boards.

I think having someone such as Cannellini on the cover of a SMJHL game is great for branding. He is always well spoken, is well liked and respected and is a great role model. This is exactly the type of person anyone should want on the cover of a game, especially one that is purchased by many children. He personifies what the SMJHL is about, and there would be nobody better to represent the SMJHL.

@ArGarBarGar

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]