Create Account

S47 PT #5 - Cover Athlete

EA Sports SHL 20 is in production and it needs a cover athlete. There are a TON of options to grace the cover, it almost seems a shame only one can be chosen. However, a choice must be made. I would go the unconventional route and put a goalie on the cover. My choice for the cover of EA Sports SHL 20 would be Edmonton Blizzard goalie Tommy Tuck.

The Edmonton Blizzard played one of the greatest seasons ever in Season 45. Tommy Tuck had one of the greatest goalie seasons in SHL history. Tuck took home the Mexico, McBride, and Honcho Trophies for league MVP, best goalie, and least goals against. He was absolutely dominate. Now, in Season 47, Tuck showed the world why he's the best once again, leading the league in save percentage, goals against average, and shutouts. He wrapped up another Honcho Trophy and is on his way to a second McBride Trophy in 3 seasons.

Domination at his position makes Tommy Tuck the perfect choice for cover athlete.

@Muford

(173 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

To me the cover athlete has to be one that is well known already, but has made a huge splash in the current season. Someone that really excites the entire hockey fan base rather than just the fan base of one team. In my opinion that's DeMaricus Smyth to the t. Smyth has been a budding star for several seasons who already has 2 cups under his belt. Now he's finally playing as the 1C, and on a really successful Specters team that! It's not every day you lead the league in both goals and points. With 4 fights and 97 hits Smyth has the skill and the grit to excite fans of all types of hockey. To me Smyth is exactly the type of player that EA SHL S48 should have on the cover, and I think they should include a free DeMaricus Smyth trading card with every copy of a physical disc. @Blastmeaway

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

The obvious choice for SHL 48 cover athlete would be New Orleans Specters forward DeMaricus Smyth (@Blastmeaway ). Smyth had a big year, led the league in goals and points, and has a respectable grit per 60. He has okay looks for the cover too, and plays in a market that the SHL desperately wants to establish as a new hockey hotbed, both to expand the game's national reach and produce a breeding ground for future SHL talents. Overall a good choice for marketing and meritorious purposes.

For the "Special Game of the Year Holographic Chocolate-Coated Player's Edition" cover of SHL 48 however, my choice would be different. For that cover I'd go with the two leaders / captains / important people of the Challenge Cup finalist teams, whoever they end up being. For example, if the final was Edmonton vs West Kendall, we could do a cover image of Hercules Rockefeller (@Leafs4ever ) taking a faceoff against Gabriel Wong (@Wongy ) with a shadow of the Challenge Cup looming in the background.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2019, 05:27 PM by Julio Tokolosh.)

"Strap your helmets on tight! We are just about underway"

After 15 years of silence, the Hitz franchise is looking to activate their team fire with SHL HIITZ: s48. Midway is making the jump from the NHL to the SHL as a result of the NHL's mishandling of player safety and concussion-related injuries. As a league with injuries turned off, the SHL seemed like a natural landing pad for the old dynamo's bone-crushing hit.

"Face, meet boards. Boards, face."

Midway has chosen Calgary's Mike Izzy @Mike Izzy as their first cover athlete. As a strong 2-way player, Izzy has the firepower and the defensive prowess that is celebrated in the Hitz franchise. "Izzy has a great game. On ice, he's owned in pretty much every fantasy league, so talk about fringe awareness? He's got it" touted Tim Kitzrow, the popular play-by-play announcer.

"This guy's heating up hotter than a five-alarm fire"

This is big news, timed well with Julio Tokolosh's (pending) announcement that he plans on posting an SHL/Hitz sim. Very exciting.

[Image: cCaKs2O.png]

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Jason Visser @ToeDragon84 is who I chose as the cover athlete for the SHL S48 cover. He had an incredible season and led the Jets with points with 58 points. As the team captain, he is an amazing leader and he's stepped up with his involvement this year, appearing in the locker room and mentoring a lot of young players. I think he's really a legend who deserves the recognition of a game cover, he was the top TPE earner of all time and even as a veteran, he's still a very talented guy and a number one center in a tough league. He can do it all; take faceoffs, score, pass; there are few who have withstood the test of time in the way that he has. He has not let age slowed him down or submitted to the challenges that regression has given him. I'm proud to be his teammate and that's why I selected him for this honor.

Written Task: Next season's SHL S48 video game is in the works and you have been asked to help name the cover athlete! in a 150 + word report to EA, explain who you have chosen as the cover athlete for the SHL or SMJHL and why that player is the right choice...(*Tag Player*)

Traditionally, the cover athlete for these kinds of things is a player who is either at their peak, at the peak of whatever country they are from on region specific releases (see Tim Cahill on every release of Fifa in Australia ever), or is high in popularity despite maybe not being the absolute best candidate. Therefore my selection will focus on Austria's release of SHL 48 for XStation 64, and the cover will feature their most prominent player, @Mike Izzy!
Being the stud for Team Austria that he is, the cover will feature Izzy pounding some poor chap into the boards (we'll go with Tatu Makela for hypothetical sakes) to the point that they are horizontally against the glass. With his very impressive 208 hits this season, it's not hard to imagine by any stretch. He will be decked out in full Austrian kit, but in the background of the image you can see members of the crowd sporting Dragons jerseys with his name and number on them.

I imagine the tag line will be something along the lines of "Prepare to get hit if you're gonna talk..."

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

The cover athetes for this seasons EA SHL has been announced. The choice is the smeb triplets for the syndicate! the next big thing in the league the triplets took the league by storm this season. Two are in contention for rookie of the year and daniel is ok. Arguably some of the best young players in the league today, the media attention around the smebs is unquestionable. These players will undoubtedly be some of the best in the league for seasons to come, and make the future of chicago look bright. Along with many other young players chicago has a bright future and these three headline the forward core, with daniel in the middle dishing the puck to parker and kit it should be many important goals for seasons to come in chicago. It might be hard to fit this trio on the cover of a game but we could probably just buy a cover someone else made and then call it our own, i mean calgary did it so

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Honestly, for SHL 48, the cover athlete has to be Ludwig Koch Schroder. While he is not the flashiest of defensemen, he is still one of the biggest names in the SHL, as well as one of the most dependable defensemen available to any team. Despite putting up only 39 points this season, Schroder was still a presence for the West Kendall Platoon, as the Platoon clinched the best SHL-wide record. Additionally, Schroder was the workhorse of the team, playing an average of 25:46 a game, while being a steady and reliable two way presence for West Kendall. While he may not show up in the night in, night out highlights, Schroder is still the quality defenseman any SHL team would love to have.

As well, Schroder is a physical presence, ending the S47 Season with 120 hits. He was also an incredible defensive and shot suppression presence, recording 102 shot blocks.

154 words

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

PBE Welfare

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

After being chosen to make the decision on who would grace the cover of SMJHL 48, Akashi SixNine knew there was only one option...himself. That's right, he believes that he is one of the top premier defensive defenseman in the league, and he has never gotten recognition for it. His stellar play on the ice for the Raptors, and I guess Falcons for like 5 games have been tremendous, and his ability to sacrifice his body, night in and night out to ensure pucks stay out of his net make him a top contender for the cover. Most people must be thinking, why would a guy who has a combined 18 SMJHL points and probably could win any major PGA tournament with his +/- gracing the cover? Well the name Akashi SixNine all over covers around the world would give massive exposure to the league and would generate a lot of interest and revenue from countries around the world.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 08:01 PM by O4L.)

My cover athlete is obvious. If the SHL is truly trying to grow its video game then they need to focus on the big worldwide gaming markets. There are few bigger gaming markets than Korea and the SHL just happens to have some of the most popular Korean athletes in the Smebs. It will be impossible to break into this market by using unknown SHL players to the Korean market, they need to have hockey players that are almost on par with Faker. The Smebs are the only hockey players that have close to Fakers popularity in Korea. There's no point just using one when all of them are so great. Using a family photo with Parker, Steve-Craig, Chico, Daniel, Khan and Kit and father Chico Salmon will appeal to the masses and help boost game sales immensely and maybe SHL 48 will actually become a popular e-sport. The Smeb family is the only decent choice for the cover of SHL 48.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

PBE PT

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

[Image: zZ9nHBK.png]
@karey

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

[Image: pt5.png]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]