Create Account

S48 will be Ben Dover's Last season

Ben Dover has played his entire career in Hamilton and has been a great player for a team that has had struggled and flourished during his career. He was the only thing consistent for the steel hawks, he was always good for 10+ goals and 35 points every season for almost 16 seasons. He had the worst season of his career last season which was a disappointment for himself and his team. The team relied on him to be a better player than what he was last season as he had career lows in goals and points and was a steelhawk worst -19. He was simply just bad last season and was one of the key reasons why Hamilton had a disappointing season. The user of Ben Dover is currently the GM of the steel hawks and well his next player will be a player that they will get free in the S49 Draft. Today we will be talking with Ben Dover and seeing what is next for him and the team.

Interview What were your thoughts on maybe the most disappointing season in steel hawks history?

Dover: We were disappointed, we disappointed our fans, and honestly I feel ashamed about my performance last season. I will be retiring in S49 and it will be my last season as a player in the SHL. It's just time for a change here in Hamilton. We thought we had a team that could compete for the Challenge Cup this season. We had our superstar player in Phelps leading our offense, a strong D-core. Then we had depth in Odjick, Singh, Zajac, Martin, Bojia, Dicks, then we added guys like Carter and Boyka to try and put us over the edge, and maybe try and start a run but it was already too late once we got going. I think we as a team was better on paper than what we brought to the table last season. We were very inconsistent. Our shitty play in the middle of the season honestly cost us the post-season. I feel like we have had worst seasons here in Hamilton but this one was for sure the most disappointing like I feel like our roster got better during the off-season by adding Kruger plus Martin,boija,Geezus, dicks, etc all got better this off-season but in the end, it wasn't enough to counteract the regression of Zajac, Odjick, Singh,myself.

Interview Why did you decide to make the decision to add Boyka and Carter? You guys were the last place at the time and honestly, the season seemed to be already out of reach.

Dover: We thought those 2 guys would give us enough firepower to get things rolling and start winning hockey games, at the time, we couldn't score for some reason and Boyka and Carter are two solid goal scorers and adding them for the price made sense at the time. We are an older team and honestly, this might have been the last shot at a challenge cup for a couple of seasons for this season and honestly, that played a role into this decision. We also have a strong prospect pool and we don't have many holes to fill in our roster and we would've run into cap troubles with those 2 2nd round picks on our roster.

:interview; What is the plan for the steelhawks moving forward?

Dover: I think it is time to build around our young core of Dicks, Zidek, Martin, Boija, Tig, Geezus, Gobbles, Wilson, Reider, Evans, Gay, O’Koivu, Miller our top pick this season, etc. We are going to get younger now and we might run into some more rough years but I feel like we are going to be one of the top teams of the S50s in the SHL with the current path that we are undergoing. We are a very deep and young team and I will be trying to get younger every season. Some of those players that I have listed are progressing every season and we think we can turn this team around pretty quickly. I was hoping for a more smooth transition but I guess that isn't happening anymore. Again, I don't feel like we are going to be bad for a very long time during our short rebuild that is coming up. We have guys like Boija, Martin, Tig, and Phelps who are going to be leaders on our hockey team in a season or two Then guys like dicks, gobbles, Zidek, miller, Reider, and Wilson are coming up the pipeline and developing moving forward. We for sure can make the post-season next season in my mind as we still have a solid roster with some great players on it.

:interview what position will you be recreating as and what will be your player's name?

Dover:That's a secret but my player name of Ben Dover was a stupid pun and I have had that name for like 19 seasons almost, I feel like I have to follow it up with even the worst pun or something just as stupid as it doesn't feel right to give my player a regular name anymore for some reason. Also, I should be making a forward but that could change with the upcoming days/week as we know where we are drafting in the upcoming draft and who we are drafting with our top pick.

legend

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

_/_/_/_/_/

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

F guy has been a legend for me, one of the greats in the league since I joined

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Awesome career man! Congrats and have fun with the next one.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Oof

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

bye old man

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

I willlll reeemeeeeember yoooooou

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]