Create Account

LAP S48 Budget Penalty

Ok, this one’s going to be written a little strangely - since Dangles is away I decided to handle the appeal before posting the initial punishment decision, so bear with me.

For playing over the cap by $1m for a portion of this season, the Los Angeles Panthers will be receiving a $2,000,000 cap fine next season (S48), and the team’s GMs will forfeit their GM pay from this season (S47)

It came to the attention of the head office that the team had erroneously listed a player in their budget for $1,000,000 less than they had been signed. While the GMs had been informed of this issue previously by the budget director, they failed to correct the error on their own budget spreadsheet. This didn’t initially put the team over the cap, the issue didn’t arise until later in the season following a trade. The error was fixed by the team immediately upon being notified by the Head Office.

The initial decision handed down by the head office (by a 3-1 vote) was $2m budget fine for 2 seasons, and the loss of their S49 second rounder. However, at the start of the appeals process, a member who had initially spoken in favor of the penalty reached out to ask for leniency through the appeal, believing they misunderstood the situation on the initially read-through.

Because of that, we’re lowering the penalty initially handed down. The budget penalty is being reduced to what the rulebook calls for, 2x the overage as a fine applied to the cap next season, as well as a GM fine for failing to correct the error when notified. We do not believe there was any malicious intent here, especially because the team gained no advantage from the error until making a trade which put them over the cap. Rather, this seems to have been a situation of negligence on the part of the GMs.

On behalf of the SHL Head Office,

Eggy216, SHL Commissioner
Shl

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

I fully acknowledge my mistake and accept this punishment. I appreciate Eggy and Owners to give me a chance to appeal the original decision.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

I mean correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they pay that prospect 1M less then the contract was for as well? The same thing that got Portland fined three 1st round picks.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

05-23-2019, 10:59 AMTheDangaZone Wrote: I mean correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they pay that prospect 1M less then the contract was for as well? The same thing that got Portland fined three 1st round picks.

That was a case of blatant cap circumvention which actually caused cap issues for another team (ironically, LAP) because Portland management went well out of its way to purposefully misrepresent contracts in order to pursue a free agent. Even with the clerical error, LAP had a perfectly legal roster before the trade and is really only guilty of negligence on following up when asked by HO to resolve the issue. Calling this "the same thing" is like saying running into your buddy in a bumper boat at the water park is the same as crashing your car into a wall and then suing the wall.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

05-23-2019, 10:59 AMTheDangaZone Wrote: I mean correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they pay that prospect 1M less then the contract was for as well? The same thing that got Portland fined three 1st round picks.

Don't hurt yourself stretching so hard, there.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 11:50 AM by slothfacekilla.)

I do think we may have a case here if you want to contact my office

wtf i totally quoted suing the wall stuff

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

05-23-2019, 11:49 AMslothfacekilla Wrote: I do think we may have a case here if you want to contact my office

wtf i totally quoted suing the wall stuff

Wallfacekilla confirmed.

Nikolai Evans

Glad to see that HO went back and reduced the penalty. Mistakes happen.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

top kek

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Swing and a miss

Thanks for trying to throw us under the bus again though

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

05-23-2019, 11:36 AMztevans Wrote:

That was a case of blatant cap circumvention which actually caused cap issues for another team (ironically, LAP) because Portland management went well out of its way to purposefully misrepresent contracts in order to pursue a free agent.  Even with the clerical error, LAP had a perfectly legal roster before the trade and is really only guilty of negligence on following up when asked by HO to resolve the issue.  Calling this "the same thing" is like saying running into your buddy in a bumper boat at the water park is the same as crashing your car into a wall and then suing the wall.

Yea you’re right. Didn’t think of it completely before posting. Still think it’s wrong but yea definitely not near what happened with Portland for sure.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Stop eating at team's salary caps, you're hurting my free agency prospects. Goddamn.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

dang Wally ya shoulda just let the team go over cap Wink

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

05-23-2019, 06:45 PMtweedledunn Wrote: dang Wally ya shoulda just let the team go over cap Wink

I've definitely joked since then that going over the cap was ABSOLUTELY the move lmao

Nikolai Evans

05-23-2019, 06:45 PMtweedledunn Wrote: dang Wally ya shoulda just let the team go over cap Wink

My only relevance in the SHL... Check.

[Image: Wally.png]