Create Account

S48 Toronto North Stars Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 10:41 AM by ml002.)

[Image: 2dba1yh.png]
 Stars TORONTO NORTH STARS S48 INTERESTED PROSPECTS QUESTIONS Stars
[Image: giphy.gif]

Welcome to our IP thread and thanks for checking us out! The Toronto North Stars are one of the most iconic and original franchises the SHL has to offer. We believe strongly in team oriented success, and we will always value the team over a single player. We're building on that iconic image with a new era of success.

Code:
1) First and foremost, do you have interest in playing for the Toronto North Stars? No hard feelings if you don't, simply gauging interest.

2) What kind of player are you trying to build? What are your goals for your career? Do you have any interest in the management side of the site?

3) How long do you want to spend in juniors?

4) What's your favorite NHL franchise, and what are some of your other favorite sports teams?

5) What's your age group? (You can give a range like 18-24 or something of the like or not answer if you aren't comfortable with it)

6) How active are you on discord? Do you often start conversations with your juniors teammates? Are there any things you have in your juniors discord that you'd like to see in your future team's discord?

7) Have you been doing any media, GFX, or podcasts?

8) If you are interested in talking with one of the Toronto GM's further (and don't currently share a discord with one of us), please leave your discord id (username#1234) and one of us will contact you personally.

I look forward to seeing everyone on draft day!

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 11:26 AM by Emiko.)

1) Honestly I do have my preferences in teams. It isn't like i don't want to play in Toronto it just wouldn't be my first choice at all.

2) I'm not sure how to answer this one seeing as i'm a goalie.

3) Due to being netminder i expect to be down for 3-4 seasons tbh.

4) I have 3 NHL franchises i follow. Tampa Bay Lightning, San Jose Sharks, and Seattle (when they join the league). For the other sports it is usually Seattle teams. For english sports it is usually Sheffield teams (Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Steelers, Sheffield Sharks).

5) 24 But nearly 25 is my age....

6) I'm super active! One thing to make me attracted to a team is being in a team with an active locker room.

7) No but i'd like to do a podcast if possible. I just haven't gotten around to it due to not being able to find people to do it with.

8) MantoRune #9345 if you need to contact me.

[Image: jv95okZ.gif]

1) First and foremost, do you have interest in playing for the Toronto North Stars? No hard feelings if you don't, simply gauging interest.

Absolutely. I hate Toronto, and Ontario in general, but I'm willing to put it aside if the North Stars wanna draft me! I would say TOR is around the top of my want list ahead of the draft.

2) What kind of player are you trying to build? What are your goals for your career? Do you have any interest in the management side of the site?

An offensive defenceman, whose priority will be shooting over passing from the point. I also aim to be a strong powerplay defenceman. I do have interest in management stuff, I spoke to the Anchorage GM about it and it seems really enjoyable and interesting.

I've absolutely loved it in Anchorage, so I'm in no rush, but preferably 2-3 seasons more.

4) What's your favorite NHL franchise, and what are some of your other favorite sports teams?

Habs babyyyyy. Also a diehard Tottenham Hotspur fan.

5) What's your age group? (You can give a range like 18-24 or something of the like or not answer if you aren't comfortable with it)

I'm 20. Young, innocent child still waiting on that big slap in the face from life.

6) How active are you on discord? Do you often start conversations with your juniors teammates? Are there any things you have in your juniors discord that you'd like to see in your future team's discord?

I am very active, I broke into the top 5 in activity on the Armada discord in my rookie season lol. Maybe I need to tone down the activity, even Undecided. Strong meme game and a good emote lineup is what makes a discord good

I write a lot lol. I've written I believe 5 articles for a total of around 9-10k words, and have two articles in the works that will bring the count somewhere between 12-15k. Might consider podcasting at some point.

8) If you are interested in talking with one of the Toronto GM's further (and don't currently share a discord with one of us), please leave your discord id (username#1234) and one of us will contact you personally.

I share a discord with @ml002 but you can find me at Spursfan33#5364.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 11:24 AM by PenKnight.)

I like the idea of the North Stars as I grew up watching them in Minnesota and couldn't believe they moved to Dallas.
Ironically moving they were merged with Cleveland who was merged with the Seals.
They got to move to Dallas because Gund wanted to bring hockey back to the Bay Area.
So since the North Stars moved to Dallas they got to create the San Jose Sharks.
Which has been a pleasure watching them fall apart every playoff season since '91

As for all these questions.
I dunno... I show up. Try to earn all the TPE I can.
I publish media but not too much.
Draft me and you got a player for life unless you hate me than you can just trade my a--!

Well, blame Ja'ag, but yeah, I do entertain the though of playing in Toronto. I'm just happy to play anywhere, regardless

I want to build a utility player with a speciality of a sniper's slapshot. In terms of goals, winning cups is obvious, but I never placed myself as a selfish player. If I was to have one, it would be to clutch 50+ GWG thoughout my career. As for management, it's a certain thought. Interest might increase over time. I do want to lead as a captain one day, tho.

Being honest, I want to win a cup with my current SMJHL team ( Raptors Them Clever Girls) before I move up, however, I'm ok being moved up whenever you feel I'm ready.

Vegas Golden Knights, all the way. Outside of NHL, I'm an ATL sports fan, and also Chelsea F.C.

18-24, so fun times.

I live on Discord, and if there is a conversation I think I can join, I tend to do so. Currently, I'm in a DnD server with some of the Raptors, if we start one here, oh boi...........

Media, if any. I'm very happy to aid in podcasts, however, and maybe one day, I'll learn GFX.

Discord is ProjectSaint#3114. Feel free to contact me when you need to.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

I do indeed.

I will build whatever player the org needs me to be. I'm 100% flexible. As for goals? I want to help the team that drafts me do well as we can. Maybe win a few awards on the way lol

I however have zero interest in the management side, sorry.

As long as needed. I'd like to help the Whalers out but if you guys need me ASAP I will help. Whatever works.

Whatever the Seattle team ends up getting called I'll be supporting them. I've an insane amount of team based sports I follow and have someone I support but the 2 biggest are Cloud9 and Manchester City FC.

I am 27.

Very active on discord. I usually ask questions on the Whalers discord when I need an answer. Only thing I'd like is my future team's discord to be friendly, welcoming and like memes.

I only know how to turn things on and off again.

C9 Van#0999

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I do, but as a goalie I need to think about playing time. Spending another 2 seasons or so in the M but I'll need a spot when ready

I'd like to be a #1 goalie, and one that many think of as being the best. I don't not have interest in being management, lets just say that lol

Likely looking at another 2 seasons, maybe even 3

St. Louis Blues, for about 20 years now
LA Rams, was a Rams fan when they were in STL
Blue Jays, cause I'm from Canada and I think it's a law? Also go Vladdy
Raps, been watching them since I was a kid and now they're good

I'm active

Media

TheFlash. My picture is a baby lol. If you're interested in drafting me and want to talk goaltending future, drop me a line

Raphael has no qualms of playing in Toronto, in fact he loves the city. His adopted parents live there and considering where he started in life and how hard he has worked in order to get to this point in his life, he is just grateful to any team that will show him any interest. 

A hard working, hard shooting left winger who can fulfil any role that his team needs him to do. He will do whatever it takes in order to help his team succeed. 

Anchorage is a great team and Raphael loves it there. Of course its up to Toronto when Raphael plays in the SHL but Raphael is happy to spend the next few seasons in Anchorage, continuing his development. 

Vegas Golden Knights. I was getting into hockey just as the Knights became a thing so I decided to follow them. Have never regretted that decision.

26 but you wouldn't think it by looking at me (I still get asked for ID when I buy beer)

I'm on discord every day, both on the team server and private DM's with my other teammates. Love talking to people about this kinda stuff and making friends. Emote lineup is very important to discord server but as long as the server is friendly, I'll be fine. 

Media. I have 3 articles in the works right now which should equal about 6000 words when all totalled (bringing me up to about 10K words between 5 articles). I love writing so this stuff is right up my street

Discord: KenitohMenara#9134 - Contact me anytime