Create Account

Seeking 3 people to be GMs for a tentative unofficial "league within a league"
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2019, 11:42 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Considering doing a project thats a TOTALLY NOT OFFICIAL IN ANY WAY PLEASE DONT SUE ME SHL HEAD OFFICE "league within a league". Basically in the offseason I'd make a 4 team league, me and 3 other GMs would pick from a draft pool of the available IFAs in the J and the big time wasting away with 350 TPE, and then I'd post the results and stuff in the media section and cut the other 3 GMs in on the profits. It'd be sorta like the prospect showcase and sorta like the SHL's version of the AAF, except with a lot less lawsuits and players being stiffed on their pay.

It would be a decent way to get GM experience and a sense of what putting together a draft board/lineups are like I guess? However, depending on how my learning abilities for STHS go (spoiler, its not going well, what is this archaic-ass program aaaaaaaaaaaa) I might sim it out on NHL 94 or 04 using the powers of totally legal emulator technology. Maybe even NHL 2K? Who knows.

Point is if anyone's interested hit me up, I'm not sure it'll get off the ground but its worth it to gauge interest. I'm thinking 3 of the teams are gonna be based in the northern midwest USA (so like dakotas and wisconsin and stuff), and my team will be in Regina, so if anyone has serious suggestions for team names fire away too.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

sounds interesting, sign me up

This sounds fun. Sign me up too

I'm tentatively interested. All depends on the level of involvement needed. But I have a team name already in mind.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]