Create Account

S47 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 07:14 PM by JNH.)

Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

So Martijn grew up back in the Netherlands and he went back to spend the day which actually coincided with "Koningsdag", also known as Kingsday.  Kingsday is a national holiday in the Netherlands and everyone dresses up in orange to celebrate the day, which is filled with a lot of beer drinking and a bunch of EDM festivals are held as the genre is quite popular in the country.  In Westbroek's small hometown, they all wore orange but with a special edition orange Outlaws hat to commemorate their hometown hero coming home.  Martijn had to abstain from drinking heavily (or so he said) in preparation of his final series with Montreal but took part in many festivities.  There was the cornhole toss, where you threw a bag into a lady's cornhole (crazy Europeans).  There was a hot dog eating contest in his honour (sorry @hotdog ) and he was finally set to judge a beer competition later in the day.  The day concluded with the Kingsday festival in Holland, where he performed a surprise B2B set with Martin Garrix, the #1 DJ in the world and Dutch native.  

Code:
Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

Martijn Westbroek Wrote:I absolutely believe that I'm ready, I was one of the top 3 scorers for my team in the SMJHL this season and logged heavy minutes, proving I could play on both the powerplay and the penalty kill.  I wouldn't be upset about hanging in Anaheim for another year as we have a great group of guys and it's going to be hard to leave them but I also absolutely feel that I can step into the SHL and make an impact in Chicago.  Chicago also has some of my best friends in hockey, so I"m excited to get there and get some of our chemistry back from when we grew up playing together.  We've made some great strides in Japan together but I feel that there's much more work to be done.  If we can get the job done in Anaheim this year, I'd say that there moves to a 100% chance that I'd want to move up this summer to the big leagues.  I have a little left to prove but if we can take care of that, I'll have nothing left to do in the SMJHL other than beat up some rookies some more.  I know guys like Cannelini and other SMJHL lifers who choose to stay down like to beat up rookies and stack their points, but that's not the end goal whatsoever.

[b]Code:
Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

It has to be Steelhead and cookies.  Firstly, Esa is a legend and he will always hold the advantage in any series.  He and cookies could go inactive and be sending his mom on to make their lines and transactional decisions and he would still hold the advantage.  I don't care if his whole team is 300 tpe inactives, Esa gets the advantage.

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

I believe that Alex Light will be a difference maker for the reason that he had a lackluster season after I picked him as my forward in fantasy.  I then dropped him and he decided to pickup his play in order to spite me.  The spite JNH tour continues in the playoffs and he's put up solid numbers thus far and I wouldn't be surprised to see it continue in the finals.  The guy has game breaking ability and could be the difference maker.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise.  Like I said, Esa is a legend and gets an advantage in anything that he does on the site.  If anyone here thought that the Dragons would be down and out for any extended period of time they were mistaken.  They're a very solidly built team, regardless of any rebuild.  Also STHS is absolutely nutty so there should be no such thing as a surprising.

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

I think that @xDParK aka Chico Smeb could break out this playoffs and play a decisive role in bringing Calgary yet another cup.  The guy is an SHL legend, he's made many great players and this seems to be yet another.  Esa trusts him.  He's also a Smeb and Smebs are destined for greatness.  The only thing working against him is that he's a snake who ditched Chicago.

7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise.  The team was fucking stacked and it was a surprise that they missed last year.  Therefore, their rise back to prominence this season wasn't surprising to me whatsoever.  They've got Koch Schroder on the end and the guy is basically a god, super solid in both ends of the ice and a real franchise defenseman.  Up front they've got a lot of guys who can absolutely bury the puck and Biscuit is a weapon in net.

Code:
Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapulates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

Alright so in terms of organizing the National Anthems I have two very clear choices in mind. For Calgary, they are the legends of the SHL. They're the most successful team in the modern SHL and the SHL in general. Their management are legends. For that reason, the Canadian national anthem will be performed by the band known as Queen, with a Freddy Mercury hologram cause it isn't Queen without Freddy. For West Kendall, they're a bunch of old fucks who are still somehow doing the hockey and doing it quite well. Therefore the American National Anthem will be performed by none other than The Rolling Stones. They're selling out gigantic arenas still even though half the band looks like they may croak any season and nothing encapsulates the Platoon quite like that. I heard some of the Stones and the Platoon actually went to school together growing up. As a backup, I would have Martina Ortiz Luis on hand (the Leafs anthem singer) because she's the greatest anthem singer in the entire NHL and no one could tell me any different. She is an angel sent from god.

Code:
TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)

- DID THIS ^

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 10:40 AM by Alex Mack.)

TASK 2
[Image: player-2304995-960-720-1.jpg]
@Slappydoodle

TASK 4
[Image: tASK-4.jpg]
@Blues

TASK 6
[Image: TASK6.jpg]
@Weretarantula @DollarAndADream @TML99 @Thunder39

TASK 8
[Image: Task-8.jpg]

@MikeIzzy

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

In my hometown I was greeted by my Older Brother and his wife, It was the first time I had been able to see them since I was drafted to the SMJHL. The place I grew up in is pretty small so a good hockey player like me is a very rare occurance. I was honoured for being a part of Czechia's two most recent gold medal winning teams and for everything else I had accomplished in the SMJHL career so far. I got to play a small game with the younger children of the town which was very fun. Hopefully I can come back and visit again soon, especially to see my niece and nephew who want to grow up to be hockey players like myself. Though of a much better quality of course, perhaps soon I would be able to play against them in the SHL because they certainly have the passion to make it I believe.

Task 05: (Written, up to 7 TPE)
Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

Beaujeaux Biscuit is literally the best player in the SHL right now, and West Kendall has a relatively deep forward core at the moment, but Calgary isn't a slouch either with big name players like Mike Izzy and Otis B. Driftwood. Both teams are led by Older stars, with WKP containing more of them, because they are in Florida and old people flock there by nature. Calgary is going to lose the series in the end however because I said so and I want West Kendall to win and if they don't then I'm telling my mom.

3. Which player in the finals should considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

Both Goalies (Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit) have been phenominal in their play but between them Beaujeaux Biscuit takes the edge for sure. Biscuit literally dragged the WKP from a 3-1 defecit in the Buffalo series to bring them the Finals and only gave up 2 goals along the way. Vilde comparatively has worse stats but stats that are still incredible none the less. Vilde's worse stats are made up by Calgary's better goal scoring and shot opportunities. For the teams' unsung heroes I have to go with Rainbow Dash and Ludwig Koch Schroder. Rainbow Dash is one of the few players to record a hat trick in the playoffs and Ludwig Koch Schroder has an incredible amount of shots blocked and 2 clutch goals (A game tying one and a game winning one).

4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

Beaujeaux Biscuit is playing like a metaphorical and literal brick wall. It doesn't matter if you outshoot your opponent if their goalie doesn't let one in, and Biscuit is playing like he never wants to let one in again. In fact I have been hearing that he doesn't even let anyone score on him during practice anymore. Which makes everyone very upset because they wanted to show off their sick new dangles they came up with but can't because he is being a selfish jerk and carrying them to the finals.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Mild Suprise, any team making such a quick turnaround is suprising but much less so in Calgary's case since I am pretty sure Steelhead has been GMing since the dawn of time. They make good trades to rebuild and made some amazing picks in the draft (Shoutout to my man Bernik Vzrala he is the best player on the team and I love him). Calgary also has the advantage of being Dragons and being able to melt the ice and eat their opponents when the refs aren't looking (Which is also easy for them too since they can bribe the refs with shiny gold coins, because they are dragons). All in all pretty unfair advantage to other teams like the Blizzard and Renegades, because those are the most well known natural prey to Dragons.

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)

Rainbow Dash for sure. Already a good statline and they have a solid spot on Calgary's second line. I imagine that we also haven't heard the last from Rainbow Dash this playoffs, I am definitely expecting a few more goals and maybe an assist or two depending on the length of the series.

7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise, I firmly believe that West Kendall missing the playoffs last year was a fluke and that what the team is doing right now is exactly what they are capable of. They missed the playoffs because they didn't get enough points to qualify even though they would have been like 4th in the West. Obviously they were put in the stronger Eastern division to mock the fact that they have West in their name, and thus were robbed of the rightful playoff spot they deserved.

Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involved)

Beaujeaux Biscuit and the West Kendall Platoon faced many adversities in their playoff run so far. Beaujeaux Biscuit has had to legitimately pick up the team and carry them on his back, which he has been managing pretty well of course. The Team itself has faced adversity in the name of ArGarBarGar saying they were the weakest team left in the finals in Episode 27 of the Garbonzo Beancast, which made everyone so sad that they forgot how to play hockey and had to get bailed out by their elite goaltender, because goalies, as we all know, are unable to understand human speech and only know how to stop pucks and cultivate the weirdest superstitions imaginable. Also the team had to overcome the adversity of being called old and washed up and smelly, which made them also really sad during the playoffs. All in All the Platoon are held together by the glue of friendship and their shared affinity for their grandchildren and knitting, and the binding that holds that glue together is an overworked ELITE goaltender who has to not only help them win games but drive to the store whenever they run of of yarn.

Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

SENT
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 09:52 PM by Grapehead.)

Task 01:

I was on a trip home to Charlottetown, PE when I caught a news story on my social media feed about my return. Apparently there were some local fans who had organized a group to welcome me at the bridge, and they filled me in on what would be going on when I got to town. It was a really wonderful surprise, because I had no idea anyone would take notice of me travelling. Always humbling to meet fans, and especially in small towns around where you grew up. I got some free ice cream at Cow’s, a free night of pool at Dooly’s, and a few tee times at a few different courses around the island for my stay. Totally amazing to be treated like such a star in your hometown, and I felt truly blessed to get to experience that; it made an otherwise tough end to the season a lot better.

(+3 TPE)

Task 09:

Well for me obviously the biggest disappoint was seeing the Pride lose in the wild card round vs Texas. The excitement of making the postseason for the first time in almost ten seasons was cut short by the speedy exit from the playoffs. San Francisco was sorely lacking offensive depth, and the run and gun style of the Renegades was just too much for the Pride forwards to match. An all-star calibre defense couldn’t stop the Renes from running over the Pride, but if there had been just a little more goal support, perhaps things could have gone differently for SFP. Playoff experience was also a key absence from the resume of the majority of the Pride’s roster, so maybe if it hadn’t been their first trip to the postseason in eight seasons they would’ve pushed their way to the finals. Either way, it seems like it’s only a matter of time for this franchise.

(+3 TPE)

Task 11:

If I were the Calgary Dragons, and I was given the chance to take a player from a team we defeated in the playoffs, I would choose Louie Garrett from the Texas Renegades. Louie is an absolute gamebreaker, and his dynamic skillset could have given the Dragons a fighting chance against the juggernaut West Kendall Platoon. It was difficult to watch such a storied franchise get ragdolled in the finals, but a player like Louie Garrett could have completely flipped the series on its head. It’s hard to argue any one player could turn the tide for a team that got swept in the championship series, but Calgary management would be crazy to pass up a chance to bring Louie into the mix if they were given the opportunity. It’s an interesting idea, and would make for a fun experiment, but sounds like something that would be more feasible in a fantasy hockey league.

(+3 TPE)

Task 13:

PM sent

(+3 TPE)

12 total

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 03:20 PM by Kylrad.)

Task 5 (6 tpe)

1. West Kendall Platoon vs the Calgary Dragons, two of the more successful organizations in SHL history match up in the finals. my prediction would be that West Kendall will win the series in 6 games 4-2. For the Platoon Beaujeaux Biscuit will be their star as he has been amazing all throughout the playoffs carrying the Platoon. For the dragons they don't really have a single star as they're playing great team hockey and winning by committee. @.bojo

3. Beaujeuax Biscuit should be considered the Platoons teams playoff MVP as he's playing out of his mind with a .950 save % a 1.45 GAA and already has 4 shutouts. The Platoons unsung hero meanwhile is Ludwig Koch Schroder as he's logging a ton of minutes for the platoon and playing a heavy physical game leading them in pims hits and shots blocked

4. Beaujeaux Biscuit will be the different maker in their franchise winning the title in S47, with the way he's playing how can he not, if he keeps up his current level of play the Platoon should definitely be able to claim the cup. If however Biscuit struggles for once in the playoffs now it may give Calgary the chance they need to win.

5. mild surprise: I think the dragons being in the finals is a surprise as on paper they are worse than some of the heavy hitters in the west. That being said it's not a huge surprise as the Dragons still have many top tier players and excellent management, many less talented on paper teams have also won the cup.

7. No surprise, I think West Kendall missing the playoffs last year was a surprise, going into this year I think playoffs and a strong playoff run were expected for the Platoon, once the season got under way and after the trades West Kendall might I don't think it was a surprise at all as they were heavy favorites with Buffalo being the only real threat to them with the rest of the east lagging far behind.

8. Both goalies have been very good these playoffs and huge parts of their team success, but Biscuit has just been on a whole other level putting up one of the best goal tending performances in recent memory, because of this he has the better chance to carry his team to a title

Task 9 (3 tpe)

The organization for which not making the finals I think would be the biggest disappointment is the New Orleans Specters. After having a solid inaugural season and then suffering a tough game 7 finals loss to the Buffalo Stampede the Specters look poised to finish what they started and build on their amazing first season and avenge their game 7 loss and win it all this time. Things were looking great as they had an even better regular season this year than the past locking up the first seed in the west along with many of their players having breakout seasons or returning to their previous great form. They they faced the Texas Renegades and ending up losing to them in the western conference semi finals in game 7 again. After having such a good first season and again a good regular season dropping out that early has to be a disappointment especially with many of their key players regressing. As for what went wrong in the playoffs for the Specters, the series could've gone either way easily with all the specters losses being 1 goal games and even some of their wins. Aleister Cain under performed a bit compared to his rookie season and their 3rd line wasn't super productive but not a major liability either.

Task 11 (3 tpe)

The West Kendall Platoon easily dealt with Chicago smacking them around and eliminating them in 4 games. One player from Chicago however that could help them out a lot not that they need it would be Luke Atmey. Atmey had a great season finishing near the top of the league in scoring with 58 points which was 20 more than anyone else on Chicago as he dragged them into the playoffs. He then didn't stop there as he put up 10 points in 5 games as the Syndicate took out the Manhattan Rage in 5 games. Although the Platoon did shut him down holding him to 1 point, he could be an immense help to them and could slot in as their 3rd line replacing Dayymo Ralchankinov as their 3rd line is the only slightly struggling line with a +/- of -1. A player like Atmey going from Chicago's 1st line to West Kendalls' 3rd line will make them even more scary if that's possible @Velevra

Task 12 (3 tpe)

While the West Kendall Platoon had a very successful regular season winning the presidents earning them a bye in round 1, and then sweeping the Chicago Syndicate in round 2 Their true test and adversity came in the eastern conference finals against the Buffalo Stampede a team just as skilled as them and another favorite to win it all and there only real competition in the East. The defending cup champions were a team that despite struggling heavily at the start of the season perhaps due to a cup hangover was starting to get it together and looked like they might be able to repeat as they took a 3-1 series lead on the Platoon. The Platoon however battled back down 3-1 in the series and overcame what perhaps might be their toughest adversity in the playoffs in the Buffalo Stampede depending on how their series goes against the Calgary Dragons.

Task 13 (1 tpe particpation 0.5 per answer right)

pmed

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 04:20 PM by SDCore.)

Hometown Hero is an interesting concept for Corey Kennedy. He is from a small town in Ireland by the name of Kinsale. The most famous athlete to come out of that area was Paddy Collins, the Irish Hurler, who led the All-Ireland Senior Hurling team to multiple championships. So, when Corey Kennedy went home after the Outlaws Finals run, there was a little bit of fanfare. It’s a bit of a drive from the airport to the town of Kinsale. When he arrived, he made sure to get his favorite meal, mussels and clams in white wine sauce at Fishy Fishy. That night he was given a “key” to the city, which was just a giant metal fish. Then he went about and had a couple of pints with the town’s folk. He ended up getting a little too drunk and singing Irish folk songs with the band that was playing at the bar.

Corey Kennedy will be ready when he gets the call-up to Chicago. He has had a slower start to his SMJHL career, but always helped contribute to his team. I feel like my scoring and skating are elite enough to hold up to the jump to the big game. I know I need to work on my positioning and my defense a bit. I’ve been able to survive so far in the SMJHL on my current game but getting my strength and conditioning up will help tremendously. I have always been a strong skater and that will help me when my time to go up is upon me. I will be sad to leave Anaheim when I do get the call up to go to Chicago. The Outlaws are all really close and we have formed a great bond over the last two seasons. Luckily Westbroek, Gunnar, and Soonika are all in Chicago with me.

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why? 

I have no real stake into why, besides Esa being a New York Ranger fan, but I think Calgarys management team has the edge. Esa has been in the league forever and he managed to keep a player in the SHL for like a decade. For that reason alone, oh and the Ranger thing, I think they have the edge.

Rainbow Dash is someone I have my eyes on. Dash scored 4 goals in one game earlier in the playoffs. A single game like that again could change this entire series in favor of Calgary. If Dash can step up and make a surprise impact, this could be a short series. Let’s see what Dash can do.

No surprise. They were big movers in the off-season and pre trade deadline. They wanted to make big moves and did. Getting star players and unloading a bit of their young prospects. It should make them competitive in the next few years though. It all depends on which side you are on it that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

Beaujeaux Biscuit will have the best chance to carry his team to a title. I am basing this off his stellar season and he has the winning mentality. He has been able to help Ireland win the IIHF title many times and for this I think he knows how to win. If you had to rely on one goalie, wouldn’t it be a gold medal winning one?

Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants! - PM SENT

PBE CW Claim +3 TPE

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

True be told, I fucking hate my home town. They are some of the most racist, homophobic, classist pieces of shit I know. The only time I go home it’s to visit my mother and even then I try to get her to meet me at my grandma’s instead. That being said, in this scenario… I went home and visited my High School. I advised the kids to work hard… but above all else get the fuck out of there before you are indoctrinated. I of course saw my mother. She’s awesome. I’m not one for big crowd’s so the rest of the day I tried to be low key. I visited the local bakery that I love. They have the most delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. It’s one of the few positive parts of my home town. There is also a sausage outlet store… I definitely stopped there and picked up a bunch of jalapeno summer sausage. Lastly I took a piss on the police station/city hall and then got the hell out of dodge. Words: 177

TASK 05: (Written, 1 TPE)
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: 'No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock'

No surprise. The West Kendall Platoon are essentially any “Original 6” team in the NHL. The league feels the need to always have them in the fight and will do whatever is necessary to make sure that is the case. It has been alleged that there have been some nefarious means used to ensure this, but nothing has been confirmed. Words: 60

Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

Calgary is in Canada. Per Canadian law, or at least I assume is Canadian law, the person has to be Canadian. There aren’t too many Canadian’s that would be acceptable. What, fucking Chad Kroger? Celine is too good for the franchise, and Alanis is too busy with her Broadway production, so I’m going with Carly Rae Jepsen. She is criminally underrated. Her voice is phenomenal and she’s a pop princess. She represents the franchise because she is from Canada. That’s kinda their thing…you know “being from Canada”.

West Kendall is in Florida. The home of “Florida Man…” Florida a cesspool. It’s sweaty, I assume smelly, and the people are insane. This is why the perfect candidate to sing the national anthem for WKP is Flo Rida. Mostly because he’s over-hyped and not really as good as he gets credit for. Doesn’t an auto-tuned Star Spangled Banner just seem like the type of thing Florida would do? Words: 156

Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

This is easy. The Hamilton Steelhawks. Shocker, the team I play for, right? Last season we made it to the conference finals and this year we finished in last place. That’s quite the drop off in one season. In season 47, Hamilton had 9 less wins and 9 more losses. Despite that, most of my personal stats were a slight improvement. If I had to pick a reason for why we had such a drop off… I’d have to say conspiracy. Last season WKP didn’t make the playoffs and now they are in the finals. Hamilton made it to the conference finals and finished at the bottom of the barrel. The only explanation for this is that there is a SHL wide conspiracy to promote the West Kendall Platoon. Perhaps it’s to satisfy Bojo for all the work he does for the site. Maybe there is a financial component I am unaware of. It’s hard to say, but one thing is for certain… there is something fishy going on here. Words: 170

Task 10: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
@xDParK
@Weretarantula
[Image: JIljiMW.png]

TASK 13: (PM'ed 3 TPE)
PMed

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 10:11 PM by Flareon.)

Code:
Task 2 - 3 TPE
[Image: SVb6uKn.png]

Here we see @Mike Izzy holding up one of his famous "Izzy Dogs" to be auctioned after the game. Several New England players are looking on in absolute delight at the size of the thing.

Code:
Task 3 - 3 TPE

Getting the call up to the big leagues is always a young prospect's dream, but for Perry it was something else. He'd been unfortunately ripped from his junior team at an arguably premature time in his career. That said, my rookie season in the SHL was a ride and a half. Coming into a rebuild meant the pressure was off slightly and I could find my own room to breathe and develop. 

Through the off-season, the number one priorities were endurance and defensive ability. The SHL is on another level to anything else, and keeping up with it meant working day in, day out, on conditioning training. Making sure I wasn't going to get gassed the second I stepped on the ice. The other top priority was just as important. Knowing where to be on the ice is absolutely crucial for a defender. The wrong positioning could lead to a nasty breakaway and in the off-season before my call-up, I worked with the New England staff both on and off the ice to make sure I'm at the peak of my game mentally in the big leagues.

Code:
Task 4 - 3 TPE
[Image: 1xi5pRN.gif]
@Steelhead77

Apparently Calgary have harnessed the power of Harry Potter art

Code:
Task 5 - 1 TPE

In Shock - West Kendall's period of dominance was thought to be all but over. With their players deeply ageing and not much in the way of young talent, the Platoon were looking at a few down seasons. However, some excellent moves from the management has opened up the Platoon's chances yet again and they've proven that with their appearance in the final yet again.

Code:
Task 7 - 3 TPE

Representing each team is important, so naturally I'm about to take it over the top. Game 1's ceremony in West Kendall will begin with the Canadian anthem playing from a small JBL Flip speaker at centre ice. Then, out of no where, the roof to the arena will slide open, revealing the night sky. A faint sound of helicopters can be heard in the distance. Then suddenly, out of no where, a set of parachutes open up above the arena. One by one they drop onto the ice and open fire on the aforementioned JBL Flip speaker, leaving it in so many pieces. Then they all slide various instruments from across their backs and begin to play the USA anthem. 

Game 3, in Calgary. The USA anthem is played throughout the arena over the PA, properly. Suddenly the roof opens and everyone groans expecting to sit through another military parade. A faint roar is heard in the distance. Every second it gets louder and louder when all of a sudden it appears. Right above the arena. It's a literal fucking dragon. It breathes a huge breath of fire, which leaves the USA flag in tattered embers. And then, with a mighty roar. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANADA" 

A death metal band appear and begin performing the most heavy performance of an anthem ever, with a literal dragon on lead vocals. 

Code:
Task 12 - 3 TPE

After practically dominating the regular season, and not facing too much trouble in the early rounds of the play-offs, West Kendall finally ran into a Buffalo in the road. The East Conference final was a tough one for the Floridian team and was their major hurdle in getting to the final.

The Stampede took game 1 in a not too convincing fashion, with the score being at only 1-0 at the end of the game. Hippo Passamus (@Mayuu) scored the go-ahead goal just 5 minutes into the first period. From that point on, the game could've gone either way, but in the end finished that way. Game 2 was a much more convincing win for Buffalo, as they edged out the Platoon by 4 goals to 2. The Platoon managed to finally win a game, but again was only a 1-0 game, courtesy of Dani Forsberg (@Insayne), late into the second period. Game 4  went in the way of the Stampede, thanks to an OT winner from Kevin Hamilton (@kckolbe ). The Platoon were truly on the back foot now, with Buffalo just one goal away from going to the finals again.

Fortunately, West Kendall managed to win 3 games on the bounce, finishing off game 7 with an impressive 3-0 shutout, thanks to their goalie Biscuit (@.bojo ).

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 01:03 AM by ItssYoBoiDaLegend.)

Code:
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

Being in the SMJHL for 2 Seasons heading into my third season I believe that my Defense, Scoring, and Passing are up to the standards of being SHL Level Ready, but on the down side my strength, Skating, and Checking are subpar at best right now. The best parts of my build right now are the ones I have worked on for awhile. SMJHL has really helped me hone in on Defense, Scoring, and Passing. I have also worked on making my Puck Handling which is not realistically up there on SHL Levels, but are close to being SHL Level. I am excited about my Rookie SHL Season as it is close to coming around, but it will be a thing where I will have to work for my spot on the team. The expectations are high, but I know with the upgrading I can do I am excited how much Production can bring to the team.

157 Words

Code:
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

Edmonton, and New Orleans as they both are amazing teams and look really good. It's very hard to describe the talent level of each team, and how hard it is to not be disappointed in both teams. We all have our issues, and I think Edmonton was under pressure to get to the Finals as the team did amazing during the regular season, and became very big favorites in the finals. New Orleans also being in a huge fight with Edmonton also looked very good during the playoffs, and in order to be a Championship contending team, you need to be good in playoffs and in regular season. Edmonton being my favorite to win was a big disappointment knowing it was our best chance to win a cup, but we should have better success next season hopefully. New Orleans also putting up a big fight with Edmonton during the regular season, and hoping it would transition into playoffs and it never materialized.

162 Words
Code:
Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE)
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)

Calgary would have Louie Garrett on the team (stacked as fuck). For West Kendall McZehrl for West Kendall. I think it would be just such a stacked bunch of groups. Calgary would be better on offense, and West Kendall better on defense. I think the team would be great to have those guys. The finals would be interesting to have extra players on each team. The teams are really good as they are, but 1 extra player could put the team over the top on 1 end or the other. I also haven't even messed with Goaltenders as both goaltenders are here for a reason, and both Goaltenders need credit for what they have done in the postseason, but Garrett and McZehrl are my 2 choices that each team would choose. And for the rounds before not even named, I would choose for West Kendall Atmey from Chicago Syndicate, and for Calgary McIntyre. As both could use them as well on offense, and defense. 
                           164 Words
Code:
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

Calgary throughout the year had issues with player execution. Nothing of huge issue just the team not working for periods of times, but Calgary stuck with it. They started working on their own style of Hockey. The exact style of Hockey Calgary played they stuck with it into a limping end of a Regular Season. They took this to Edmonton, and they stuck with it, and destroyed Edmonton, and moved on to keeping defeating teams along the way. Calgary has taken it all the way to the finals. Calgary hopes to become the Champions this year. The city of Calgary has been waiting for team who has gone through team adversity to win a cup. The team hasn't just been fighting adversity. They have been fighting adversity for the past few seasons. In fact, the team has been going through a rough few seasons that were difficult for Calgary, but they are ready to become a Champion in their own right.
                                        161 Words

Code:

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

7.) Mild Surprise. I am not surprised they made the playoffs with all of the young talent coming up, and less regression than other teams, West Kendall had some players come into the team and ready to fight for a crucial position on the team. It is however very surprising that they made a cup run. Unexpected to say the least, but that is why we have a playoff, and not just whoever had the best season wins after Regular Season. Congrats to both teams on making it to the Finals. Both teams who worked hard to get to where they are.

102 Words

8.) I feel Biscuit is the better goaltender, but overall either one can win it, it's a tossup between the two. It's hard to decide when you have to choose based on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. Goaltender are just a small part of the big picture. If I had to choose I would say Vilde wins the battle.

4.) I would say Driftwood is a big key for Calgary. He is one of the best Defenseman in the game, and he could be one of the best players in the Finals. For West Kendall Sophia Bennett who is one of the best Forwards in the game, and could be another huge game changer in this series.

2.) I think knowing 1 GM of the 2, and I know a lot about the other. I feel that both are great, but I feel that West Kendall has made the better calls with how the team needed to be setup as cup team. Calgary has a great group of guys, but the Managers knew how to stick with it as a team.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2019, 08:47 PM by 5ympathies.)

Task 1: Typing this out at Vancouver International Airport as I wait for my flight back to Boston and I'm already feeling homesick. It's always nice to go back and visit family and friends in the off-season and even though I was only here for the day, it was very memorable. I grew up in Metro Vancouver and today I was honoured as the "Hometown Hero". There's so many people here though, they must be doing this multiple times a day to honour everyone good that came outta here. I met with the mayor and had a picture taken and then I was given the "key" to the city. They even made it to match New England colours: green and black! Afterwards, I spend some time meeting my alleged "fans". Signed some autographs, snapped some pics, and chatted with some people of all ages. Eventually I got some time to myself and visited those important to me. All in all, a very good day.

Task 9: Answering this questions perhaps a little differently than it was intended; New England was the biggest disappointment. I don't think anybody expected them to make the playoffs but it was still a disappointment from a personal standpoint. We were so close too, we only missed it by 3 points. 2 more wins and we were there. I'm not saying we would have won the cup, but it still would have been a great feeling. SimonT is such a meme that we could have fluked it out a bit and maybe made it past the first round. Getting that playoff experience would be so valuable to us as there are so many young players on the team. It's pretty clear why we fell short. Ace is retooling, and so major pieces of our team have been traded away for futures. We have a lot of rookies coming up next season, 4 or 5 I believe and hopefully they'll be able to push us over the top. 

Task 12: West Kendall Platoon faced a lot of adversity on their path towards another Challenge Cup. Recently named victors of the playoffs, it has been a shock to many they were able win, let alone even make the playoffs. Just last season, they didn't even make the playoffs and after that season it was looking that this one would share a similar ending. Their team, even still now, is heavily in regression, so you would think that because of that they would be getting worse and worse. Last season they were 6th in their conference, only missing by a few points, but the entire conference was all around similar point numbers. This season, however, they absolutely dominated. They were first by 15 points in their conference, nobody else was even close. Just goes to show that you can't write off a team after one season. There is always room for improvement and over the course of a 50 game season, anything can happen. Congrats to WKP for winning the Challenge Cup!

Task 13: Sent

Task 14: CW Podcast Link

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 05:25 AM by O4L.)

After playing for the Syndicate in the SHL play-offs, Parker Smeb returned to his hometown in Busan, Korea. Parker Smeb is the most famous and popular Korean to ever play in the SHL and had many career options during his youth including being an E-Sports player and a K-Pop idol before deciding to follow his father's path and play hockey. Parker was the only Smeb being honored on this occasion because he is the most popular Smeb in Korea and had the most successful rookie season for a Smeb and was even named Smeb of the year by his fellow Smebs. Parker was met with large applause by his hometown fans and was treated with an E-Sports tournament in his name and a K-Pop concert. He feasted on Bulgogi, Tteokbokki before going to do Karaoke at a local bar. There's been much speculation that Busan will be erecting a statue in the next year to honor Parker and all that he has meant to the city.

Task 05: PH

2. Calgary takes the GM head to head easily, but to be fair they take the matchup vs any team in the league. They're the most successful GM combo in league history and were trained up by SHL legend Kari Barkov. They have 5 cup wins total which is the record for cups won by a single GM and cups won by a GM duo. WKP's GMs are solid but are gonna need a lot of years before they can touch the Dragons duo.
3. I would consider Calgary's play-off MVP to be Nicky Pedersen Jr., he has 6 goals and 8 assists for Calgary and has scored some absolutely clutch goals during this play-off run and also leads both finals teams in +/- with +12. The un-sung hero for Calgay would definitely be Maxime Bouchard who as a rookie has 3 goals, 11 assists and is +10.
4. Otis B Driftwood will need to have another monster round to catapult the Dragons over the Platoon. Driftwood has been insane all season long and a lot of people have even argued for him to win the MVP award. Driftwood is by far the best defencemen in the series and will need to play like it if the Dragons want to win.
5. No surprise. Have to remember that Calgary's version of a "full rebuild" is a normal season for most successful SHL teams. Calgary have one of the best and youngest rosters on paper and had a killer S46 draft that completely restocked their prospect pool. Steelhead/c00kies is the best GM combo in the league for a reason and anyone that follows SHL should've expected them to be back in the play-offs in no time whatsoever.
6. I definitely think Chico Smeb is ready to breakout. In the world of sim hockey ego is about as important as anything and Chico definitely has ego in spades. Chico has been talking a big game since his first game in the SHL but has yet to have a big game. The feeling is, due to him coming from the Smeb family which has produced such players as "Khan Smeb" and "Steve-Craig Smeb" it's only obvious that he will one-day breakout. If the Dragons win this series then Chico will be a big part of it.
7. No surprise. West Kendall still had a good roster and lots of skill on their team and we all knew they could easily make it back to the playoffs. The SHL can be random at times and good teams sometimes miss. As soon as the Platoon got Sophia Bennett at the deadline it was obvious they were destined for greatness and she has absolutely torn it up this season.

The biggest disappointment is definitely the Chicago Syndicate. Expectations were high in Korea due to the Smebs exploding popularity in the country and many thought this would be an easy cup run for the boys. The team did roll over the opposition in round 1 but fell to the overpowered West Kendall Platoon in the second round while getting absolutely dominated. The team took some time to reflect on the season that was before blaming the playoff loss completely on Kit Smeb and his lack of production in the playoffs and he was forced to shave his head to save the family embarrassment. In a translated interview, Parker Smeb was even quoted as saying "Quite frankly it was a bad effort by Kit. He played 12 minutes more than me and only managed to score 2 points, that's 1 more point than Khan Smeb who played 130 minutes less.  That being said, I expect a much-improved Kit next season".

The West Kendall Platoon had the toughest path to the finals of any team maybe ever. First, they had a bye in round 1 which many argue is tougher than playing a series. They then faced the incredibly tough Chicago Syndicate in one of the closest series of all-time. Chicago was the expected cup favorites in Korea and had been really heating up after beating the Rage in 5 games in round 1. Every game was incredibly close and the scores and shot totals made the series seem even closer. The Platoon was barely able to get passed the Syndicate in 4 games and even then people argued that the Syndicate deserved the series. They then demolished the Stampede in quick work in a 7 game series. Overall, they've had an incredibly tough road to the finals due to playing Chicago and having to have a bye in round one so I think it's obvious that they've faced the most adversity.
Task 13: PM'd

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2019, 09:58 AM by Acsolap.)

In the break between the regular season and the playoffs starting for West Kendall due to the Platoon having a first round bye Rex Kirkby headed back to his home town of London in the United Kingdom. Hockey is still pretty much a niche sport although its popularity is growing in England. Kirkby started the day visiting his boyhood club in Streatham The Redhawks where he signed gear and posed for photos with many of tomorrows up and coming young players. After that he had the opportunity to have a pub lunch and a real pint of beer before continuing on the Guildford Flames base of operations to meet some of the UK's young players who are just starting out their careers. Due to the necessity of returning to Flordia for practice there was a quick turn around and after a whistle stop to see his mum Kirkby was back on a plane to West Kendall to prepare for the series against either the Rage or Syndicate.

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

1. Hard to see anyone other than West Kendall taking this match up. Calgary are a good team but looking through their roster there is not one position on the ice where they out match the Platoon. This shouldn't be too much of a worry though as Calgary have probably over achieved in the Post Season but their future is looking really bright as they have many up and coming young stars. 4-1 WKP

3. Bojo Biscuit has been in outstanding form for West Kendall. When they team struggled to get pucks past Cedric Robinson Biscuit stepped up and somehow put an even better performance between the pipes for the Platoon. Karsten Kardinger is probably the 'unsung' hero for the Platoon. His name isn't thrown around a lot and he sometimes goes unnoticed on the second pair but he always puts up points, blocks shots and goes about his business in a tidy manner.

4. Dani Forsberg has at times, despite being on really successful WKP teams, struggled to put up points and contribute in the post season. While not being spectacular so far this playoffs he has been quietly and consistently putting up points. If he sets his mind to it and explodes into his regular sason form then he has the potential to blow other teams away all by himself.

5. Mild Surprise. Considering the long and distinguished history of both the franchise and their stalwart general manager Steelhead I don't think anyone can be surprised that Calgary are back in the playoffs so soon. The only surprise is that a team as young as the Dragons have managed to forge a way straight from being out of the playoffs to the grand stage of the Challenge Cup Final.

6. @Weretarantula Maxime Bouchard has been hot all season. The shoe in for this seasons Ryan Jesster award for his performances in his rookie season he has continued that form into the post season. Used mostly as a set up man on the right side of the second line he has massed an impressive 9 points in 11 games so far this post season and has the potential to be the difference maker if it proves to be a tight series.

7. No surprise. West Kendall were last seasons unluckiest team and made up for that by being this seasons luckiest. While the squad is aging its still probably one of if not the best team in the league. This is the teams fourth finals series in five seasons and it is undisputable that they are the SHL's current dynasty team.

Can this be anyone but the Minnesota Chiefs? After last seasons great run where they topped the Western conference in the regular season with one of the highest scoring lines ever and then went on to make a strong push in the following playoffs only narrowly missing out on a finals berth after losing to New Orleans in 6 games in the conference finals it was to be expected that they would push on after a number of seasons of mediocrity. However that was not to happen and they crashed out of playoff contention and ended up finishing bottom of the western conference, a complete 180. If you thought their pain would end there then you would be wrong. Co-GM Daco was then charged with tampering and the Chiefs already bleak prospects were completely obliterated. It will be a long road back to salvation for the chiefs and the future does not look promising. The only consolation they can take is that previous franchises have managed to work their way out of this position and get themselves back to contention. 

Task 13: Casual member special (3 TPE)

Sent

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

2. Steelhead has built many great teams, but this team might be the most battle hardened. After losing some key peices a couple seasons ago, they have still maintained a strong roster and didnt need to rebuild that much, as they still have many heavy hitters. With some much needed blue line help and an elite center in Mike Izzy, their core is just as strong. As for JR95 and Wongy, they have had a dominant team for the past 6 seasons or so and it has been shown, as JR has won a cup within the last few seasons.

5. Mild Surprise, I wouldnt say they declared themselves a full rebuild with the roster they were rocking, if MIke Izzy was traded then it would be a full rebuild, but that wasnt the case, especially when the first line is playing almost 25 minutes a night, they still arent done their rebuild just yet, Their 1st line is still full of vets, but their 2nd line is still full of young players, so I wouldnt call it a full rebuild, just a retooling

7. No Surprise, they bought at the deadline and it paid off, gaining some great pieces from LAP, they have made their team full of depth, and its showing as they TOI is more distributed as their people in regression arent hitting regression that hard, Their big weakness is on defense, but with young players that shouldnt be a problem for long, as they have some very great talent.

8. I would say Biscuit has the better chance of pulling their team into winning the cup again. He has seasons and seasons of experience under his belt and a proven track record that he wouldnt flop under pressure like this, then again, he is old as fuck so he might pull a groin or something and die mid-game so that would be unfortunate, but thats the game he plays everyday until he enters the retirement home @.bojo
Code:
Code:
New Orleans was the biggest disappointment, but I think it wasnt anything that they could have done better. Looking at their roster, they have one of the best rosters on paper,but iwth their weakness on defensive side, as they have players in regression and players not ready to step up next. On the offensive side they have a n elite 2 lines, and the highest point person in the regular seaon in smyth.  THeir top 2 lines by itself would beat most of the teams in their division as well as solid coaching and a good gm to steer their course. It is just that Texas just wanted it more, and it went to game 7 and Texas wanted it. Going into the future, the biggest hole to fill is Defense, and trying to find the quality defensemen to fill that hole for another season or 2 until their prospects get to that level. Overall their future is bright and they haven nothing to worry about.

Code:
Code:
Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)
Ill do the West Kendall route first, so After Chicago beat Manhattan they would probably take Luke Thomason with them @"Me" as he was their best player and Chicago needed more forwards. I would still say West Kendall wins it, but maybe 4-1 or 4-2, and they would probably take Fredrich Koenig as West Kendall needs more help on the defensive side than anything. To face Buffalo, I would say Buffalo would take Mikhail Lokitonov @ml002  as they need more help in the Forwards side, and then those 2 teams would probably go to game 7 again, but it would be very difficult to decide who would win. I would say Buffalo as they have a better overall roster, but West Kendall has one of the best goalies this decade in Bojo, so it would be a very tough matchup to decide who goes onto the trying to compete for the cup, the end

Code:
Code:
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)
The biggest adversity that a team had was Calgary advancing to the finals. Looking at the teams taht they faced throughout the series its hard to see them making it that far, but they did. First they faced against Edmonton, who had a really solid season with many people hitting their peaks of their careers there. It was a hard fought series but they won it 4-2. Then they had to face Texas who just narrowly beat New Orleans, but Calgary after a few close games and a few blowouts, beat Texas 4-1. So now they face one of the best teams in the SHL with West Kendall platoon. On the other hand, West Kendall had the slightly easier track on going to the cup, mainly because Chicago surprised everyone and blew Manhattan out of the water winning 4-1, just to get swept by West Kendall. But then West Kendall had to face Buffalo who had an amazing season and post season, and also narrowly beat them 4-3 in the conference finals.

Code:
Code:

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]
Done

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I couldn’t believe that the great city of Boston wanted to honor me as a “Hometown Hero.” So many sports icons have competed here that it came as a total surprise when I got the call from Boston Hockey Association letting me know about the honor. It wasn’t anything crazy. The day started at the Murphy Memorial Rink that I grew up playing in. We had a meet and greet with a bunch of youth players across the city. I saw Arnie, the guy who taught the beginner skating classes I took when I was like three. I was given the great honor of my jersey being displayed in the Boston Hockey Association Hall of Fame. After the ceremony, we had a little practice for some of the kids in attendance. They were like sponges and were hanging on everything I was telling them. I think some of them have a chance to make it into the SHL someday. All in all, it turned into one of the great days of my life so far. 
(175)

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

1. Both of these teams are great but when it comes down to it West Kendall has the advantage in almost every stat there is. Right off that bat, WKP has a much stronger offense than Calgary. WKP scored more than 50 more goals than Calgary this year. They also have a better back end to protect those leads. I think Crossfit Jesus is going to be the one to push WKP over the edge.
(74)

2. All biases aside, the advantage goes to WKP. West Kendall had the most potent offense in the league this year. That allows them to comfortably roll all their lines and feel confident that they have a threat to score. On the backend, their top 4 is dangerous on both ends of the ice. To add to that their 3rd pairing finished this season with the 5th best +/- rating of all time. They don’t have to worry about their matchups as much as other teams do. And then if something goes wrong up front they Beaujeaux Biscuit being a wall to save the day.
(103)

3. Beaujeaux Biscuit is hands down West Kendall’s MVP. He has been standing on his head all year and has somehow gotten even better in the playoffs. Biscuit’s performance in the Stampede series is one that is going to be talked about for years to come. I don’t know if Karsten Kadinger would be considered unsung but he is really shining in the shadow of WKP’s top pairing.
(67)

4. It’s a safe answer but it is the truth. Beaujeaux Biscuit is going to be the difference maker in the series. Biscuit is the reason WKP was able to sweep Chicago. He was the reason WKP was able to come back and the series against Buffalo to win game 7. This trend is going to continue and BB is going to shut down Calgary.
(64)

7. No surprise. The management of WKP knows what is takes to go deep into the playoffs. I believe that WKP hasn’t had many picks the last few season but they ones that they have had they make work. The framework for a great team is there regardless of if a piece goes down here or there.
(56)

I would go with the New Orleans Specters not making the finals as the biggest disappointment of the playoffs. They are coming off of making the finals last year and coming up just short against the Buffalo Stampede. They came into this season eager to get back to the finals and cement this second year club as a perennial championship contender. They spent the whole season fighting for first overall and almost achieved that goal. Their possession stats were absurd all season. On paper they should be in the finals and I think that is what makes it disappointing. Their puck luck ran out at the worst possible time and that is a tough pill to swallow. They didn’t get blown out. Every game was close but the hockey gods saw fit to end their post season early. That is disappointing for both the players and the fans. I’m sure the city itself is disappointed with the loss of potential revenue from having another championship series.
(166)

In last year’s championship week I wrote about this guy so this would be an easy choice for me. The playoff are when teams have to dig deep and find that extra gear to keep the dream alive. Somebody who is always playing in that extra gear is Viktor Marius(@Thunder39 ). I am a sucker for rough and tumble kind of guys. Old time hockey, Eddie Shore, all that. Marius brings that great old school combination of skill and physical play that not many guys have these days. As the playoffs drag on, you want that guy who is always banging in the corners making guys afraid to touch the puck and keeping the guys who aren’t 100% from playing effectively. With all of WKP’s lines working well I wouldn’t know where to put him. I’d probably just cycle him through the lines to get everyone some extra rest throughout the game.
(151)

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Message sent

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Task 1 (3 TPE)

Getting a chance to go back home after a long season is always nice. It was such a surprise when I landed at the airport and they had surprised me by celebrating me as a hometown hero. To start, there was a large crowd waiting for me at the Halifax airport. This is impressive with it being quite a drive from the small town of Antigonish.

Upon arrival in the nish, there was a massive party with lots of garlic fingers, donair sauce, and of course some Wheel pizza. It was great to get to see all my old friends. They brought in The Trews, a musical group with many of the members having grown up there. It felt like home all over again and was a great time for the night.

As with most nights in the nish, it ended with lots of alcohol at the pub, but a great time was had by all. The night ended with a large cake, more than enough for everyone (I think it’s going to fill my fridge for the next 3 weeks) and some goodbyes to friends. Promises were made to see each other before I have to leave for the World Championships, so hopefully, we can head on out to Crystal Cliffs or just wander around the town and see what’s changed.

Casual Member Special - #tigole-trivia (3 tpe I hope)

Done

Task 5 (6 TPE)

1. I think that we’re in for a tight series that’s going to go the distance and make it seven games. In the end, I believe that WKP will have their backs against the wall for a couple of games, but manage to come back and lead their team to victory. I expect a big series out of Ludwig Koch Schroder as he anchors the blueline and gives a good offensive punch.

2. We have two teams worth of very talented Gms, but I think that I have to give the edge to WKP in the GM department. With a simmer as one of the GMs, they have a unique understanding of how the league works and it will help them put out the very best line combinations, strategies, and everything else needed in order to take down the Calgary Dragons

4. I think that Ludwig Koch Schroder is going to be the difference maker in this series. He’s an exceptionally solid defender in all areas of the ice. He positions himself extremely well and excels at taking advantage of mistakes made by opposing players. He has an incredible shot from the blueline that is pretty much a net seeker as he manages to thread it between bodies, sticks and past the goalie. I expect that he will take over this series by scoring key goals and being a huge piece of a shutdown defense.

5. Not surprised. Yes, I get it. They have no business really rebuilding that quickly, but with management like they have and their consistency in drafting, keeping players active, and all-around visibility, I am just not at all shocked to see them back to being a successful team so quickly. Their years of excellence allows them to become a very desirable location for free agents, and they are able to retain their players very well

8. Two incredible goalies, but I think the edge here has to go to Beajeaux. An incredible season had him leading Vilde in goals against average, shutouts, and wins. I think that it’s going to be a tight series and Beaujeaux has plenty of experience and is carrying through a slightly better season in my opinion. The confidence that will give him going into the final is key for any goalie.

7. Major Surprise. I thought that the regression was going to start eating West Kendall alive too much for them to be able to have a successful run this season, particularly after it stopped them from making the playoffs last year. They had all the signs of a team who should burn it down and start a major rebuild, but colour me wrong. They made some key pickups such as Sophia Bennett that have allowed them to stave it off a bit longer.

Task 9 (3 TPE)

I think that the biggest disappointment for a team not making the finals has got to be the New Orleans Specters. After an incredible first season and playoffs last year, they were looking to build on that and take the cup home this year. They were heralded as many as their prediction to win the cup this year, but have now fallen short. They had the second best season in the league this year, capping out at 69 points, asserting themselves over the western conference. In the end, they got beat out by the fourth ranked team in the conference who had to play in the wild card series just to get their spot and are now sitting at home wondering what went wrong.

Scores of playoff predictions had this team going all the way, and it seemed to be an inevitability that they would be playing in the finals, but alas they were not able to capitalize and take over against the Texas team who was able to ride their momentum and team vibe through a game 6 and 7 victory to send them home.

I think one of the main reasons they fell short was that as the series went on, the players got more and more beat up. Texas plays a physical style of hockey, and in a long series, that wore on the team who was little slow coming out of the gate after their bye

Task 12 (3TPE)

West Kendall has not had the smoothest run to the playoffs, and it definitely wasn’t without grit, hard work, and perseverance that they made it through the to finals. In their series against Buffalo, they found themselves in a very hard spot, having to come back from a 3-1 series deficit. Running off three wins in a row is tough anytime, but it is especially tough in the SHL and against a hot team like Buffalo.

During those first four games, West Kendall was getting outscored almost double, and Buffalo was just peppering Beaujeaux Biscuits with shots. Biscuits absolutely stood on his head through most of the series, and particularly in the end in order to help give his team a fighting chance
Inch by inch, goal by goal, West Kendall fought their way back into the series, continually chipping away at the confidence of the Buffalo team. In the end, the raw fight provided by West Kendall made it an incredibly entertaining series for those watching, and an incredibly tense one for the players and fans of those teams.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]