Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Tampering Punishment

05-29-2019, 06:12 PMAcsolap Wrote:
Quote: Tig - Kirkby

Didn't even get this pairing in WJC.

Some things are just too beautiful for this world

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 06:26 PM by Acsolap.)

05-29-2019, 06:19 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
05-29-2019, 06:12 PMAcsolap Wrote: Didn't even get this pairing in WJC.

Some things are just too beautiful for this world

: pepecry :

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

05-29-2019, 05:02 PMBoomcheck Wrote:
05-29-2019, 04:35 PMBDonini Wrote: If you affect WKP the way you affected HAM then we're like, totally shaking, dude.

Like what? Have a +17 in 25 games? Actually do pretty solid?

hes messing ya bum

05-29-2019, 06:08 PMMrPrime Wrote:
05-29-2019, 06:04 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: there will be an appeal, and I'd be surprised if the punishment doesnt go down at least a lil bit

But Daco really did do dat

Why the F... Sigh.
To think Shmurph just took the guy in as Co-Gm.
Like I said: Tabarnak.
That's like saying Fuck in french canadian.
I ain't happy about this, it fucks with the team's future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcakscC6ELM

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

[Image: GiddySickFinch-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

05-29-2019, 05:49 PMMayuu Wrote:
05-29-2019, 05:46 PMTomen Wrote: Here it is:

.bojo, Acsolap, Beaver, Blastmeaway, Flareon4043, GeckoeyGecko, JR95, Katth, Leppish, Mack, notorioustig, Pris, Shmurph, SlashACM, SpartanGibbles, ThatDamnMcJesus, TnlAstatine, Tomen, Vandy, WannabeFinn, xDParK, Zombiewolf

DMS-Mack-Gecko
Pelletier-Moore-Smeb
Luffy-Ross-SG
Batsbak-Vandy-AOK

Tanner-Tatu
Tig-Kirkby
Dover-Walker

Bojo
Cain

Confirmed buffalo gms hate thier players.

Daco wants to know your location

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

05-29-2019, 06:31 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
05-29-2019, 06:08 PMMrPrime Wrote: Why the F... Sigh.
To think Shmurph just took the guy in as Co-Gm.
Like I said: Tabarnak.
That's like saying Fuck in french canadian.
I ain't happy about this, it fucks with the team's future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcakscC6ELM

The 'positive' point is this motivates me to write a special edition of Chiefs 24/7 about the situation. Smile

i think as punishment the chiefs should be given every prospect daco wrote about

05-29-2019, 05:26 PM.bojo Wrote: Schmurphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

[Image: page-1-7.jpg]

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

05-29-2019, 02:13 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2221531

Here you go. The rule change that only allows public tampering within reason. I dare you or anyone else to make a defense for Daco’s post being a reasonable public comment.

Okay, I'm going to start this by saying I'm not trying to personally attack you or Buffalo by defending Minnesota and I completely understand where you're coming from. I'd be really angry as well if someone used a loophole in the rules to try and steal my players. In my opinion, what Daco did should not be allowed but your problems have to be with the HO (not necessarily the current version), who allowed this to happen.

I don't think it's reasonable to expect every member to read every rule change thread. The rulebook itself should be able to determine whether or not something is against the rules. There may be added context that is lost as a result of not reading the rule change thread but it should be the responsibility of HO to effectively communicate the rules in the rulebook. There is nothing in the rulebook that indicates there was an amendment to the rule. If someone without context read the tampering rules, they would believe the rule was written as one cohesive thought, not one rule with an amendment in the middle of it it. Every part of the rule as it is written should be treated equally because there is nothing to differentiate the different sections of the rule. I understand that you're going to disagree with this, but it's not Daco's job to read up on the history of the league in order to get context for every rule.

The rule as it is currently written asks you to see the thread that I posted for clarification. Perhaps HO should have removed this when they updated the rule, but they didn't. It states the mission of the rule change & the spirit of the rule is to prevent back-door tampering. It even says "what do you actually gain by posting something about wanting someone to join your team in a place where everyone can see". It's clarified further as you can say anything as long as you don't discuss contract details. (this is an aside: As for HOs interpretation 1. Unrestricted/Restricted Free Agent is never mentioned in that thread, Free agent is always sai 2. He targeted a specific group of players not because your Buffalo, but because Buffalo doesn't seem to have as much ice time for their rookies, that's a big difference).

The rule lists one example of not "within reason" which is to offer contract terms. There has been no other official example of this in either the 2013 or 2017 thread, but they both specifically mention contracts. That is clearly the line that is not to be crossed.

Finally, in that 2017 rule-change, we have someone not breaking the rules but breaking "the spirit of the rule". I think that's the furthest you can go in this situation, and the punishment in that situation was not being able to sign the player(s) that were approached & the wording of the rule was changed. In that thread, a HO member even says we try our best to not hand out the 3 pick penalty.

If someone can find an example where there's a different ruling or a member of HO being more specific I'd be 100% willing to change my views on this but with the information I currently have available to me, this punishment seems ridiculous.

TL;DR
  • The rulebook makes no distinction between the 2017 rule change & the 2013 rule
  • The rulebook has only defined offering contract terms as not "within reason"
  • The precedent of "breaking the spirit of the rule" is to change the rule & prevent them from signing the targeted players

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Stupid ruling but it’ll get reduced

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 07:03 PM by karey.)

05-29-2019, 04:33 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-29-2019, 04:27 PMkarey Wrote: Why is this about Buffalo?
The punishment is harsh and considering how critical I was to the pace of the decision, it's fair that there disagreement within the Head Office.

Daco was in the wrong, and in a position of management, his team unfortunately is affected by his action. It seems justified considering the direct motivation to poach a single team of its protected assets.

Minny people can be salty, buffalo people can meme, just let it happen and move on.
And slash can continue being obsessed with us

I'm not obsessed with you, you're obsessed with you

Honey, every third thing you say is about buffalo

I'd rather be self-obsessed than a creepy petty stalker

05-29-2019, 06:40 PMLoco Wrote: i think as punishment the chiefs should be given every prospect daco wrote about

Y u do dis

bro what the fuck @Schultzy why you bringing my players name into the OP

even if it's true wtf

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-29-2019, 05:46 PMTomen Wrote:
05-29-2019, 05:36 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: @Tomen i see u make me a 'users browsing this thread' team pls

Here it is:

.bojo, Acsolap, Beaver, Blastmeaway, Flareon4043, GeckoeyGecko, JR95, Katth, Leppish, Mack, notorioustig, Pris, Shmurph, SlashACM, SpartanGibbles, ThatDamnMcJesus, TnlAstatine, Tomen, Vandy, WannabeFinn, xDParK, Zombiewolf

DMS-Mack-Gecko
Pelletier-Moore-Smeb
Luffy-Ross-SG
Batsbak-Vandy-AOK

Tanner-Tatu
Tig-Kirkby
Dover-Walker

Bojo
Cain

Tampering! Take away his 1st round picks @HO

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]