Create Account

S47 SMJHL CW
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2019, 11:07 PM by Briedaqueduc.)

#1 During an interview with Simon LeBlanc, we asked him to share his thoughts about his playoff run. He seemed uncomfortable with the subject.
"It's really heartbreaking. We were coming out of a big sweep against the Raptors in the first round. We had so much energy coming in the second round against Montreal. We won the first two, then lost the next four. We couldn't believe it, and it crushed our souls. 
I have to personally apologize to the team and the fans. I wasn't at my best, it seems like the pressure that comes out of the playoffs is too much for me. The stats clearly show how I wasn't performing. In ten games, I've had no points, a plus-minus of minus three, a mere ten hits and seven blocked shots. This isn't how I wanted to perform, I know that I can do better. I hope that I will be able to show better what I'm capable of next year."

#2 Top 5 rookies in the finals.
1.  Ravyn Tedisko  Militia : Most points among all of the rookies, leading her team in goals, with 8, and leading the playoffs in hits, with 44
2.  Zarley Zalapski  Militia : Just behind Tedisko in points with 11. Third in the league for blocked shots with 24, just two behind the leader.
3. Heikki Jaakola  Militia : Maybe not on the same level, but still 6 points while only playing an average of 8 minutes per game.
4. Noah Tedla  Outlaws : Best Anaheim rookie. Had decent defensive stats, with 20 hits and 15 blocked shots
5. Padraig Sarantez  Militia : Also pretty good defensive stats, with 32 hits and 13 blocked shots. Under Tedla because of penalty minutes.

#3 Recap of Game 7 of the Four Star Cup
Game 7, biggest game of the season, and maybe of some players' career. The atmosphere is tense, both teams believe in their chances to win.
In the first period, only 41 seconds after the first puck drop, Ravyn Tedisko scores the first one for Montreal on. The Militia thought that they had just gotten the lead, but Anaheim scored only 8 seconds after, with Hiro Fukujikawa's 9th goal of the playoffs. The game was tied until Hans Zucker puts it in the back of the net for Montreal. Anaheim seemed to be sleeping in the first period, they only shot towards the net 3 times! Montreal had 4 times more than them!
In the second period, nothing really happened. Two penalties that both team killed off, and 6 shots for both teams. Montreal was one period away from the cup if they could hold their lead.
As we now know, this is not what ended up happening. In the last period, Anaheim managed to score 2 goals in 7 shots. Montreal couldn't tie the game back and the Outlaws ended up winning the cup.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]