Create Account

S47 Four Star Cup Finals Game 1: ANA @ MTL

05-30-2019, 08:31 AMPenKnight Wrote:
05-30-2019, 04:57 AMSegi Wrote: @PenKnight I liked what you tried to do. It would've been nice if there was a new video every 5 minutes or so. You would've needed to have everything ready before starting the PBP though. It was kinda boring to follow like this and I think, you kinda missed a lot of the exciting stuff that happened later in the game. (Goal under review and the same 2 guys having 2 fights in this game.) I think the concept can work, but you would have to put even more work into it than you already did.

On another note, I really like your newspaper covers. Keep those coming!

You make solid points.
For video and matching commentary you need the information days ahead of time.
Trying to match up the plays with team colors would be difficult with 8 hour allotted time frame.
Next time I'll do the exciting thing I seen everyone else do.
Post NHL Photographs with 2 sentence comments.
Pretty simple really and would take me maybe an hour or so.
In the future, I'll try not to waste my day on this garbage.
@Segi I am looking forward to your next play by play or media showcasing, how to do this sort of thing, the right way... with script written audio and video to match!!

I never claimed to be able to do this. I don't really have the patience to do a regular PBP, let alone one in your style. I really respect what you tried to do. That's why I wanted to offer you my thoughts on it, so that should you try it again, you could improve.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 09:04 AM by PenKnight.)

05-30-2019, 08:44 AMSegi Wrote:
05-30-2019, 08:31 AMPenKnight Wrote: You make solid points.
Trying to match up the plays with team colors would be difficult with 8 hour allotted time frame.
@Segi I am looking forward to your next play by play or media showcasing, how to do this sort of thing, the right way... with script written audio and video to match!!

I never claimed to be able to do this. I don't really have the patience to do a regular PBP, let alone one in your style. I really respect what you tried to do. That's why I wanted to offer you my thoughts on it, so that should you try it again, you could improve.

Yeah... I mean compare mine to this one by @Acsolap who calls the game but in a completely different manner. 
He gives us a ton of information in a quick fashion but no sound effects.
It's not bad though if you listen to it. It took some time but it grew on me.
This is the Link to that post of season 46 Game 1 STL vs KEL.
http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2604628

He read the more detailed game log word for word which isn't a bad idea since it saves a ton of time writing a script to the information.
You can get much more game time action squeezed in.
My first attempt at this on the media thread I put in 35 minutes of audio and realized 5 minutes of play by play written audio takes a few hours to get it all done.
I realized I could never do a full 60 minute game as it would take 3 hours of audio just like a real game!
I mean I squeezed this out in a crunched time frame so it suffered.
More time I think it can get better in the future.
I was already thinking of video matching before you mentioned it.
Probably do it in a Media post as I can take days to work on it.

Much easier is a recap show centered around all the major action but that isn't play by play.
On the other hand, I notice it is all the outlaw players trolling me here so there is that lol.

05-30-2019, 08:31 AMPenKnight Wrote:
05-30-2019, 04:57 AMSegi Wrote: @PenKnight I liked what you tried to do. It would've been nice if there was a new video every 5 minutes or so. You would've needed to have everything ready before starting the PBP though. It was kinda boring to follow like this and I think, you kinda missed a lot of the exciting stuff that happened later in the game. (Goal under review and the same 2 guys having 2 fights in this game.) I think the concept can work, but you would have to put even more work into it than you already did.

On another note, I really like your newspaper covers. Keep those coming!

You make solid points.
TV and Raido Shows have been editing out the fighting in hockey for some time now.
They are trying to get rid of it for the most part. Some teams won't even let Fans bang on the glass anymore.
Fun Time to be Alive!

this is what I meant by sparing us from reading your posts wtf man Segi just giving you some nice constructive criticism and you get all sassy with him

You missed some important things vital to the game, just take his constructive criticism and do better next time. It's not our fault that you chose to do something more time consuming than its worth/allowed to be. It was a cool idea but the execution left a lot to be desired and shitting on everyone else instead of trying to take the constructive criticism to see how you could have done it better would be a more productive step.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 10:03 AM by PenKnight.)

05-30-2019, 09:59 AMJNH Wrote:
05-30-2019, 08:31 AMPenKnight Wrote: You make solid points.
TV and Raido Shows have been editing out the fighting in hockey for some time now.
They are trying to get rid of it for the most part. Some teams won't even let Fans bang on the glass anymore.
Fun Time to be Alive!

this is what I meant by sparing us from reading your posts wtf man Segi just giving you some nice constructive criticism and you get all sassy with him

You missed some important things vital to the game, just take his constructive criticism and do better next time.  It's not our fault that you chose to do something more time consuming than its worth/allowed to be.  It was a cool idea but the execution left a lot to be desired and shitting on everyone else instead of trying to take the constructive criticism to see how you could have done it better would be a more productive step.

ok... understood... thanks!
You shall be spared in the future from long winded posts.
All I heard from him was he was bored and I should work harder to make it better.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2019, 10:04 AM by PenKnight.)

double

05-30-2019, 10:02 AMPenKnight Wrote:
05-30-2019, 09:59 AMJNH Wrote: this is what I meant by sparing us from reading your posts wtf man Segi just giving you some nice constructive criticism and you get all sassy with him

You missed some important things vital to the game, just take his constructive criticism and do better next time.  It's not our fault that you chose to do something more time consuming than its worth/allowed to be.  It was a cool idea but the execution left a lot to be desired and shitting on everyone else instead of trying to take the constructive criticism to see how you could have done it better would be a more productive step.

ok... understood... thanks!
You shall be spared in the future from long winded posts.
All I heard from him was he was bored and I should work harder to make it better.

That's not all you heard, or you didn't read it. He said he was bored but he told you why and gave you a direct way to fix it. You don't need to make yourself a victim rn, you'll have plenty of time to be sad when Montreal loses the series

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers