Create Account

S47 Hall of Fame Ceremony

Next is Jorma Ruutu. Jorma Ruutu was a loyal member of the Los Angeles Panthers over his seventeen season career. Jorma has the distinction of a fifty point campaign and a grand total of 516 points in his regular season career. Jorma was also a two-time All-SHL First Team selection, and was nominated for the Aidan Richan, Jeff Dar, and Scott Stevens trophies.

Jorma Ruutu did not receive any votes in his final year of eligibility, and will not be joining the Hall of Fame. Please congratulate Jorma on a fantastic career.

That concludes those members in their final year of eligibility. Congratulations on fantastic careers, and we wish you luck in our future endeavors. Your ticket stub is good for a free Izzy Dog wherever sold.

Thank you, Izzy Dogs!

We now begin the second half of our program. All remaining players discussed tonight have received votes from the committee. We will have a retrospective of all of their careers, and then announce who will be joining tonight at the conclusion of our ceremony.

06-06-2019, 07:35 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: That concludes those members in their final year of eligibility. Congratulations on fantastic careers, and we wish you luck in our future endeavors. Your ticket stub is good for a free Izzy Dog wherever sold.

Thank you, Izzy Dogs!

My pleasure!

Condiments are $2.79

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Netminder Kyle Wahlgren/Olli O'Koivu spent eight seasons between the Portland Admirals and the Minnesota Chiefs. In that timespan, Olli tallied 136 wins, one selection to the All-SHL First team and two selections to the All-SHL Second team, an all-rookie team selection, one Mike Honcho trophy, one John McBride trophy, one Aidan Richan trophy, one Challenge Cup, two John McBride nominations, one Ron Mexico nomination, and one Anton Rasov nomination.

Olli O'Koivu is in his Fifth year of eligibility.

NIkolaus Scholz played twenty-one solid seasons for the Portland Admirals, but mostly the Edmonton Blizzard. Over 1050 games played, Scholz tallied 810 points and took 2511 hits. Looks like someone spent a lot of time in the ice bath. Scholz was a mainstay in Edmonton for more than a generation; bringing Edmonton a Challenge Cup during his time with the squad.

This is NIkolaus Scholz' first year of eligibility.

Jason Aittokallio, of the same heritage as Hall of Famer Jakub Aittokallio, is a S31 draftee who spent his career between the Manhattan Rage and the Hamilton Steelhawks. Aittokallio posted a very impressive 234-197-41 record, boasting a 9.07 save percentage and a Anton Rasov trophy. Jakub Aittokallio earned two All-SHL third team selections and one John McBride nomination. Most importantly, Aittokallio lifted two Challenge Cups during his tenure in the SHL.

This is Jakub Aittokallio's fourth season of eligibility.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 07:53 PM by Whikadoodle.)

I can speak from experience when I say I feared Big Manious so much I had to join the Winnipeg Jets. Big, the Season 22 draftee, played 902 games for the Jets and put up 570 points in that same time span. More notably, Big Manious threw the body 2302 times over the course of his nineteen season career. Big was a two-time All-SHL second team selection, a one-time All-SHL third team selection, an Aidan Richan winner and Turd Ferguson winner, a Scott Stevens nominee, and a two-time Challenge Cup champion.

This is Big Manious' fourth season of eligibility.

Note: I have conflicting information on the spelling of "Manious." Can I get a spell check, or is this the grammar-error-ridden VHL?

06-06-2019, 07:52 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: I can speak from experience when I say I feared Big Manious so much I had to join the Winnipeg Jets. Big, the Season 22 draftee, played 902 games for the Jets and put up 570 points in that same time span. More notably, Big Manious threw the body 2302 times over the course of his nineteen season career. Big was a two-time All-SHL second team selection, a one-time All-SHL third team selection, an Aidan Richan winner and Turd Ferguson winner, a Scott Stevens nominee, and a two-time Challenge Cup champion.

This is Big Manious' fourth season of eligibility.

Note: I have conflicting information on the spelling of "Manious." Can I get a spell check, or is this the grammar-error-ridden VHL?

@Bonk named the recreate Li' Manius so I think that's your answer.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Jack Durden was drafted to the New England Wolfpack in S25 but quickly moved to the Texas Renegades, where he spent the rest of his twenty season career. Jack Durden was a four-time All-SHL third team selection and won the Anton Rasov trophy in S36. Jack Durden had an impressive career; with 781 points over 999 regular season games.

This is Jack Durden's first year of eligibility.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 07:56 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Lots of deserving bios thus far

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Zach Evans represents the second lifelong Jet to earn votes tonight. Evans spent fourteen seasons with Winnipeg after he was drafted in S31. Over the course of 700 games, Evans tallied 633 points for the Jets. Even more impressive, Zach Evans was a one-time All-SHL first team selection, a one-time All-SHL second team selection, a one-time Sergei Karpotsov winner, a one-time Jeff Dar trophy winner, a one-time Sarmad Khan trophy winner, a one-time Ron Mexico nominee, and a two-time Anton Razov nominee. Most importantly, Zach Evans lifted two Challenge Cups with the Winnipeg Jets in seasons 37 and 44.

This is Zach Evans first year of eligibility.

06-06-2019, 07:59 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: Zach Evans represents the second lifelong Jet to earn votes tonight. Evans spent fourteen seasons with Winnipeg after he was drafted in S31. Over the course of 700 games, Evans sucked.

FTFY

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Mikke Laukkanen is our first lifelong member of the Wolfpack receiving votes tonight. Mikke Laukkanen, drafted in S28, was a mainstay in Boston's crease, breaking the 300 win mark and posting a .905 save percentage over fifteen seasons in New England; in which she started thirteen. Mikke Laukkanen is a one-time All-SHL second team selection, a one-time All-SHL third team selection, a member of the S31 all-rookie team, a Ryan Jesster winner, a two-time John McBride nominee, and a Anton Rasov nominee. Unlike the players mentioned so far receiving votes tonight, MIkke is the only one to have lifted the Challenge Cup thiree times.

This is Mikke's third season of eligibility.

Jon Ross was drafted to the Hamilton Steelhawks, but spent eleven seasons with the West Kendall Platoon between seasons 35 and 45. Over 700 regular season games, Jon Ross broke out for 344 assists and 126 special teams points. Jon Ross also has 1669 power play minutes, which is just great.

This is Jon Ross' first year of eligibility.