Create Account

S48 Earlybird PT - High Hopes

Whether they want to admit it or not, every draftee is at least a little biased.  If you had a say in which team drafted you, tell us where you'd want to go and why.  

Requirements

Written option: Must include 100 words.
Graphic option: Design a billboard announcing your player as the newest draftee of your preferred team. Must include 1 player render and 1 team logo.

Payout

2 TPE for doing the thing.  (Just one option, not both.)

Only S48 SMJHL Rookies (S49 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
the start of the SMJHL draft

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 02:06 PM by ItsLTH.)

I think no team should pick me in the SMJHL draft. Being a relative newcomer and late announcement into the SMJHL draft pool, I think it wouldn't be fair to the other prospects before me. But if I had to choose a team to go to, I think Id want to be a Outlaw. Who could pass up bench warming and adding championships to your trophy case? I think more prospects than not would rather be a 3rd or 4th liner on a championship contending roster rather than a top liner on a bottom dwelling team. That being said, Id be happy with any of the teams that take a chance on Sterling Slaughter this upcoming draft.

[Image: gwqAQWG.png]
Player Updates | Player Page
Credit to @Mayuu for the graphic

After declaring for the draft, Elijah Jones sat around waiting and hoping to get on a team for the playoffs. Eventually, one team rang Jones and later that day Jones was headed to Anchorage. Thankful to be on a team, and thankful for the $3,000,000 contract, Jones entered the locker room in high spirits. An added bonus was the pleasant welcome to the locker room which ended up being more active and lively than expected. The team is full of characters which makes for an interesting time. Elijah Jones has a big preference for Anchorage, but is not planning on holding out if another team drafts him. Instead, he will try his best to be a true rookie in the SHL.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

What about teams I don't want to be drafted by? I love branding so the fact that so many SMJHL teams have great logos is a good thing. That being said Detroit, Lethbridge and Montreal can go kick rocks as their branding is terrible. I once was in Montreal and it was a train wreck organization so it's the one team I have bad mojo over. Lethbridge is new but their logo looks like a Brazilian soccer teams logo. Detroit just has a very basic and boring style of logo. I'd love to go to a team that allows me to create a cool sig for my player.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

If I had the absolute final say in what team drafted me, there would only be one team I would be willing to go to and that is the Edmonton Blizzard. I have been a fan of the franchise ever since my father took over many seasons ago. The colours and logo stand out as some of the best and the league and the storied franchise is no laughing matter. The season they had a few years ago set multiple records in the league, whether it was most wins, least losses, or most points in a single season their name was prominent. If I had to choose one place to be drafted, it would be the Edmonton Blizzard without a doubt.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Being that not long ago I hadn't even heard of the SMJHL, this is a bit of a tough decision. I'd obviously be grateful for any team that takes a chance on drafting me, but if I had to choose one right now it'd be the Scarecrows. I have a strong desire to win, and after a quick perusing of their championships, it looks like St. Louis has a rich history of a winning tradition. I'd be honored to don the Scarecrow jersey and would do everything in my power to help raise another championship banner into the rafters. Plus, that logo is pretty badass and definitely strikes fear into the weak.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Noah Andros has no particular place he wants to go to in the draft. Instead. he has some wants from whatever team does draft him. His first rule is to be on a team that has an active and friendly team, Noah has played on a lot of teams in his short life and some of his worst experiences is when he is on a team with people who don't get along with each other. Another thing that Andros is looking for is a team that has a clear direction. One of the core tenants of success is having a plan, and if the team doesn't have a team he doesn't want to be on it. (119 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

I don't really have a preference to be honest. Really don't care who drafts me. I mean I guess Halifax is cool, they messaged me first both times, and have pretty cool colors and uniforms. Also Anchorage is an awesome city name so that's also an option. But those are pretty much the ways I would pick my preference, don't really have any opinions on any teams or anything like that besides that. Playing with my friend Elijah Jones would be a pretty fun experience, but he's in this class so I don't know where he's getting drafted to yet either. Probably Anchorage since they signed him for the playoffs..

Jagger's preferred location is without a doubt the Detroit Falcons. His adoptive father, Ben Waters, is a former general manager for the team, and he would love to be a part of the organization that allowed his adoptive brother Vijanupatan Singh to thrive. He is also very good friends with fellow junior prospects Skao Anazibf, Hugh Jazz and Noah Andros. Skao has made it clear he will only play for detroit, and Fouquette would love to join him, but he would also be very happy being on a team with his other two friends. Only time will tell whether or not Fouquette gets his wish

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Bo Kane's preference for his potential team at this point is the very first team that reached out to him to begin discussions. This team also helped Kane out with a few questions he had. This team is the Colorado Raptors. While at the end of the day Kane will happily play anywhere, he recognizes the fact that the Raptors went out of their way to reach out to him to get to know him a little. The opportunity of being apart of the solution of turning the Raptors around is also very appealing to Kane as well as he likes a challenge.

Falcons Canada

I think I've made it clear that I'll only play for one of two teams, and that my intentions are to play for the maximum amount of time allowed in the SMJHL. As I'm currently writing a media that is based on that, I don't want to in luce the two teams on this post. I will say that I have connections to both teams, and I would love to play for either of them again. I have been contacted by other teams, and I appreciate the interest, but this time I'm doing things on my terms.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Delver Fudgeson is not very concerned which team takes him, just that he is taken at all. From his research, he understands that the teams in Kelowna and St. Louis are run by and for absolute beauties. Even if there is a slight bias towards those teams (for reasons he can't explain) he isn't adamant on going to either of them. Delver is more concerned with being in game shape and being completely ready to go for his rookie season, no matter which team he ends up on. There won't be any complaints from Delver, even if he has a preference. Like with any prospect at this stage of their career, there are more important things to focus on.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Yes, this is a cop out answer, but Cody genuinely has no significant preference for whichever SMJHL or SHL team drafts him. I have been fortunate to have befriended many players and executives on almost every team in the league. This would allow me to have a positive experience essentially anywhere, and I am very excited to see how this entire process unfolds. The only ranking I’d place teams on would relate to their logo and color scheme, but by no means would that even be of much importance in my eyes. It might be an article I write down the line just for fun, but I can honestly affirm that I’d be happy to play wherever I am drafted at both the SHL and SMJHL levels. I am both confident and hopeful that I’ll have a fantastic time wherever I end up and will do everything that I possibly can to bring positive results and impacts to my future home.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Although it would be an honor to be drafted by any of the SMJHL teams, if Ricky Spanish had to be drafted by any one particular team, he would prefer to be drafted by an expansion franchise of which he is the founder, owner, General manager, and mascot. The team would be named the Spanish Ricky's, and it would be located in the basement of the Casa Bonita in Colorado. To get to the arena, you would need to jump off the waterfall, meander through Blackbeards Cave, and stomach three of their awful tacos. I'd like to be drafted to a brand new team because Ricky Spanish is a trailblazer: he seeks to lead by example and set a standard for the rest of the franchise.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 06:18 PM by jtp.)

I would love any opportunity to play in the SMJHL but I have had my eyes on the Kelowna Knights. They seem like a well run organization and a good group of guys. Ultimately going somewhere where both parties can grow and benefit is the goal. Though, as fun as it is to think about where I might end up in the draft, my focus right now is getting in some last minute training before the draft to be the best he can before starting the season. I would love to make a good first impression and be able to build a long lasting relationship with whoever placed their trust in me.

[Image: flickerstrikemeta.gif]
[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png][Image: PPpK5xb.png][Image: gs89eGV.png]
Image by @BDonini