Create Account

S48 Earlybird PT - High Hopes

You say it's hard to not be biased, but I'm honestly finding it hard to be biased. The last time I went through the juniors I was with the Montreal Militia. It was fine. I don't really think I have a true preference for where I go since I don't really pay attention to the juniors. It's been a long time since I've been down here and teams have changed hands so often. I haven't really kept up much of a relationship with my old team, so I don't even know if I want to go back. One of the biggest fun of being in a juniors LR is the alumni that are still there and it's hard to see who's still where. So I guess I want to go to whatever team has the most current SFP players in there.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

As a Vancouver born and raised bastard, Jon Snow looks to return to his home and play for the Vancouver Whalers.

After being sent into hockey exile to play in the northern state of Alaska, for a dirty elbow that ended the career of an up and coming Joffrey Fuckface, Jon's exile sentence comes to an end and his opportunity to return home is upon him.

Jon led the Surrey Minor AAA team 'The Surrey Jack's' in goals up until the devastating hit two-years before the SMJHL Draft. In a land where there was nothing but pond hockey and local native tournaments to compete in, Jon enters the draft a complete mystery, but teams gotta know that the boy can score.

PEACE

Vipers goalie and SMJHL prospect Knox Booth exits the ice after another loss during the prospect showcase, and the frustration on his face is evident. We ask Knox for a moment of his time and he graciously accepts, he’s happy that anyone wants to talk to him after his recent performance.

We assure the young goalie that he played a good game, it doesn’t always work out, even for the best of them. “Know, are you excited about the upcoming draft?”

Knox smile is brief as he nods, “Yes of course, I can only hope that teams will consider me still. I’m doing the best I can right now, but it’s a difficult league. I didn’t think it was going to be easy, but I never knew it was going to be this hard.”

We understand his comments all too well, there have been many before him that have felt the same. “Would you say you have a preference on where you get drafted? I think every hockey fan has a city they’d like to call home, do you see one for you in the league?”

Knox is hesitant at first but he relaxes as he answers, “I’m a Canadian, through and through, it’s the only home I know. If I could choose it would be to remain in Canada, and I don’t think I’d be alone in saying that there’s nothing like playing in Montreal. But we’ll see, there’s bright lights all over the league. I just hope one shines on me.”

We wish Booth well as he continues past us and disappears down the hallway.

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

Being too new to know much about any of the SMJHL teams, each team sounds as good as another to me.  However, I do have a suspicion that if Jake himself were able to choose the team that drafts him, he'd pick the Detroit Falcons for the reason that his dad Sebastien was drafted by them in his first season.  It would be a cool experience for him to follow in his dad's footsteps in that regard and maybe get a little extra insight into the team, but whatever team end up drafting him, he's not complaining.

[Image: 60043_s.gif]
Player Page                Update Thread 
Thank you to @Wasty and @frithjofr for a couple great sigs!

After joining the league and getting under way, Heat Siecker is set to show case his skills and talent for whichever team decides to choose him. Heat only has a little bias towards the teams that may potentially draft him because only a few have really reached out. First, the Halifax Raiders. With a brief and detailed scouting report and introduction, Heat really hopes to become a mainstay for the Raiders or any other interested team for a long time. Other teams have taken notice of Heat and he hopes to continue earning that hard earned $$$ and TPE!

[Image: vJYEVOX.png]

It would be rad to find myself on any team in the SMJHL, but if I had to pick one it would be the Colorado Raptors, and its not ONLY because I really like dinos. Looking at their history it seems like they are a well run team, they are almost always competitive, even on the downswings. It also seems as if they haven't won the Four Star just yet and, it would be exciting to bring the cup home to Colorado for the first time. I think if they load up on talent like me, we can get that done.

For Skao Anazibf, the place he wants to go on draft day is a no brainer, being a part of the Detroit Falcons has been a dream of us since he started playing hockey as a kid in Russia. One of his favourite players of all time, who played for the Detroit Falcons AND IIHF Team Russia, was Vijanupatan Singh, a centre just like him. He watched Singh start his career in Detroit and go on to have a really successful career not only representing his own country, but also his hopeful future SHL Draft team, the Hamilton Steelhawks. Watching Singh lace up in those fiery red jerseys, Anazibf hopes he can have a successful career following in Vijanupatan's footsteps, for Hamilton and Russia, but for now, Detroit (129 Words) @Waters

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

I really don't have a preferred team that I don't want to go to. I also have 0 teams where I won't go too either. All ask out of whoever drafts me is that you have a solid plan to win a championship in the next 2-3 seasons in juniors. My plan for my player is to be one of the most dynamic players offensively in juniors and I want to be one of the main contributors to the team's success. I have a plan set up already for my player in juniors and I really don't want to change that either. I know that's kinda selfish but I feel like SMJHL is going to be the only place where I can only care about my player as an SHL GM. I hope the SMJHL GMs understand this.

In his first 10 games, Stavros Halkias generated a whopping EIGHT points. However, like the Alaskan temperature, Halkias’ season turned cold. This is why he would prefer to be drafted by a “warmer” team. “Living in Anchorage has taught me so many things.. we have a great locker room - were like a family, however I think if I were to choose where to be drafted, I’d pick Los Angeles”. Los Angeles is a team on the cusp of “re-tooling”, and this is where Stavs depth defensive centre game can assist the struggling franchise. “I really want to play in LA... I want to bring a title to the west coast in Anchorage first, but when that happens.. send me to LA”.

It's pretty easy for me, it would be the St.Louis Scarecrows. The team that Prince Devitt's mentor Crossfit Jesus played on. Crossfit Jesus as Captain was very close to winning the Four Star Cup Finals in S34 against the Detroit Falcons, and Prince Devitt looks to do something that his mentor couldn't and win that Four Star Cup and he's willing to do anything to win the Four Star Cup. A few seasons after Crossfit Jesus left the Crows to play in the SHL, the Crows were able to finish the job and win a couple of Four Star Cups. Now with @TML99 still at the helm of the Crows, Prince Devitt will able to know the secrets of Crossfit's amazing play in the 2nd half of his SMJHL Career and continue his legacy as well as create his own in Crows folklore.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

I've got a few teams that I would absolutely love to be drafted by, but there are two teams that I'd really like to go most: Anchorage and Colorado. I'd like to go back to Colorado since they were the first team I was ever drafted to way back in season 36. So much has changed between now and then with the new branding and new upper management crew. Alternatively, I'd also like to go back to the Armada. Before the Armada rebranded, I won my first and only SMJHL championship with the then-Prince George Firebirds. They've always had a special place in Zajac's heart. Outside of these two being my top destinations, I'd still be happy to go wherever. I'm so excited to get drafted into the J again!
(130 words)

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Following his entry into the S48 SMJHL Entry Draft, Gavin Hughes immediately began meeting with and learning more about the SMJHL clubs. Every player claims they have no preference, but deep down they have a certain team they would love to wear the jersey of. For Hughes, that team is the Anaheim Outlaws, in part for the nostalgic ties and advice from his agent. Like a phoenix risen from the ashes, the Anaheim Outlaws are a spiritual successor to the Outlaws squad of the now-defunct NWJHL, a team Hughes' agent was rather familiar with. For this reason, Gavin thinks it would be remarkably cool and special to be a member of the Outlaws.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

It was tough for Mike Richard to come up with a “favorite” team to be drafted by. His top three choices would be the three teams to reach out to him before the draft: the Kelowna Knights, Colorado Raptors, and Anchorage Armada. As a new SHL member, these three teams all helped to show Richard the ropes, and promised him a fun, active locker room community. Overall, after a strong showing in the Prospects Showcase tournament, Mike Richard hopes to be drafted by a team who will allow him to grow his skills, contribute offensively and defensively, and compete for a championship.