Create Account

Coach's Corner Questions Thread
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 02:07 AM by PenKnight.)

[Image: tMQ2ggd.jpg]

Please leave your league related questions in this thread and I will answer most of them.
Try to ask positive questions.
I will be doing this every week for the money and the fun.
Our Focus will be on topic about the SMJHL and SHL Sim Experience.
Although I do not mind the off topic question, once in awhile, we will try to focus on the league only in here.
I enjoy more of a scripted broadcast, that has some direction, instead of just winging it.
Many broadcasters, on this site, do very well winging it!!
This is a bit of a conflict with pay for written words versus podcast only.
Make no mistake, I am doing this for the 3M per week but the Fun is Free!
We plan on highlighting action of all the games in the SHL and SMJHL for the week.
The season will be upon us in a short time.
Although I tend to be unconventional, compared to the standard, I hope you will be entertained.
As always, you can change the dial, if you are annoyed or bored.
Podcast will be recorded within the next 48 hours.
Thank You All for taking the time to read this Announcement and a Special Thanks to all who participate, in a positive manner!
No Questions? No Problem! Plenty To Discuss About The League!!

Hot Topics
Season 48 SHL Entry Draft
Season 48 SMJHL Entry Draft
WJC and IIHF Tournaments
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 03:06 AM by PenKnight.)

First Recorded Broadcast up in the Media Section.
I asked myself 20 questions but only got through 15 in about an hour and twenty minutes.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 05:04 AM by PenKnight.)

Questions?? I don't need no stinkin' questions!

This week on Coaches Corner I am heading over to the SMJHL.
The Podcast will be a video break down of the first 15-18 Montreal Militia games of season 48.
It will take more effort to create but F' IT!
Regular Style Podcast should resume in episode 4 during  July 1-6.

EDIT: I may have bitten off more than I can chew again LOL.
So much easier to just talk in the microphone for an hour. 
I may just turn these into a few minute hype videos instead.
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 09:28 PM by Slappydoodle.)

Sorry to have sacked out on you here. Throw a prompt in the next time you’re getting ready to record and I promise to contribute with gusto

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 10:32 PM by PenKnight.)

06-23-2019, 09:27 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Sorry to have sacked out on you here. Throw a prompt in the next time you’re getting ready to record and I promise to contribute with gusto

Not necessary but if you want to ask some questions you and others can fire away as I have not recorded yet.
Probably won't do it till tomorrow or the next day.
I was going to use a video breakdown of the Montreal Militias first 16 games this season but...
The work is tremendous and I know they will just pay me base pay for all that work which is going to be upwards of 10 to 20 hours.
So instead I will just do a regular style podcast and do 3 to 5 minute Video Graphic Style uploads instead of a full hour highlight show.
Sometimes these ideas in my mind seem simple but my OCD kicks in and the work spirals out of control on me.

As a young player whats been the most enjoyable part of the SHL?
What are some jobs on the site that you can see yourself doing in the future?
What teams would you play for outside of your SMJHL and SHL teams that your currently on?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

One thing about media here, the graders are always changing, so there is no consistency to be found. Some are thoughtful and careful, others could care less. Some will appreciate time and effort spent and many do, but many will just take a glance and throw you the minimum.

How was it living in Vegas during the Golden Knights run last year?

What has been the biggest happy surprise since joining here? What has been most disappointing?

Any player goals for this season?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2019, 03:43 AM by PenKnight.)

After listening to @Toivo #4 and @ztevans / @JKortesi81  broadcasts I am geeked to record as well.
Thanks for the questions as it is the first time I got some! @Mike Izzy  and @Slappydoodle
Lot's to talk about so expect an upload in a few hours.
Let's get this in before they downgrade the pay!!

I notice you have recently reached the 350 cap, have you planned how you are going to spend your banked tpe?

How is fantasy going?

Who will lead the SMJHL in scoring this season?

Which team will win the four star cup?

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

@PenKnight what do you think of your new teammates? Fuck, marry, kill: slashacm, blastmeaway, jkortesi81

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Rank the top 5 goalies in the league based on player performance, personality, and reputation

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

How are you enjoying being a Spectre so far? Was it more exciting during your career pre-draft, with all the anticipation, or is it more exciting now working towards making NOLA?

If you could get a 100% free trip to anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go?

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

What are your thoughts on pbp's that take longer than a double overtime NHL playoff game?

Where should the shl, and other sim leagues, rank in a members daily life?

What has the highlight of your players career been?

The low-light?

Should the HO implement some kind of standard when it comes to pbp and pgs?

What is your biggest regret in your shl career?

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

What are your hobbies besides the league?

Any favourite movies? And bands?

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR