Create Account

how tf do i even update now

how the hell am i supposed to make transations, and why isnt this MAJOR change like pinned everywhere? anyone whos semi active or inactive but coming back is gonna be confused af by this because its not made clear.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

06-08-2019, 01:30 PMkit Wrote: how the hell am i supposed to make transations, and why isnt this MAJOR change like pinned everywhere? anyone whos semi active or inactive but coming back is gonna be confused af by this because its not made clear.

The previous transaction threads are locked with instructions come on kit kat

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

06-08-2019, 01:34 PM.bojo Wrote:
06-08-2019, 01:30 PMkit Wrote: how the hell am i supposed to make transations, and why isnt this MAJOR change like pinned everywhere? anyone whos semi active or inactive but coming back is gonna be confused af by this because its not made clear.

The previous transaction threads are locked with instructions come on kit kat

where r the instructions i checked the first post

Affiliate of:

[Image: C0lo0jc.png]

i am reporting this. please just let me do it the old way this si the reason i left vhl

Affiliate of:

I was lost coming back

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Have to agree with Kit on this. Even as someone who was fully aware of the bank transition, when I went to make my update this week I really wasn't sure on the exact steps to follow and the last place I would look for guidance is the thread I've been told secondhand not to use anymore.

A pinned thread in SHL Discussion or an SHL Announcement would go a long way. It wouldn't solve all issues, because people don't like change, etc. but it wouldn't suck.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2019, 03:03 PM by PenKnight.)

Change is hard but honestly I found the bank updater really smooth.
However, I did talk with some long time members and they had no clue it was operational.
The wave of the future is upon us... adapt or die as they say.

just don't do them, Kit

06-08-2019, 03:02 PMPenKnight Wrote: Change is hard but honestly I found the bank updater really smooth.
However, I did talk with some long time members and they had no clue it was operational.
The wave of the future is upon us... adapt or die as they say.

^^^

It felt like one of those things that we heard a lot about during its "prototype" phase but not as much when it went live. I found using it pretty straightforward once I figured out what I was doing, but some more awareness would be a positive.

With time I'd also like to see more options on the purchase side, such as a simpler way to purchase equipment, but all told it did its job.

Nikolai Evans

Everything on your update page is the same, you still link to a bank transaction. The link just goes to a different place than it did before. There's also quick access to the bank on the top menu of the forum. You're still going to create something that shows the transaction (before you posted in the transaction thread, now you click a button on the bank page), once that is created you take a link (previously you linked to your post in the bank, now you'll link to the confirmation page the bank takes you to). The process is still the same in a lot of ways. Also, prettyburn has been a saint as far as helping out, so I'd advise you to reach out to her as well.

I do understand this may have come as a surprise to many users, but this is an improvement for the league, one that will benefit us long term I believe, so hopefully everyone can help each other out until we all get accustomed to the new system. Cheers

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Fair enough about no announcements or pins though. Maybe more visible in the bank section.

Imo it's pretty straightforward

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-08-2019, 05:00 PM.bojo Wrote: Fair enough about no announcements or pins though. Maybe more visible in the bank section.

Ye, that's my only complaint. The system itself is really good. Although actually watching all my money go away as I bought equipment was sad.

Nikolai Evans

06-08-2019, 05:00 PM.bojo Wrote: Fair enough about no announcements or pins though. Maybe more visible in the bank section.

That was my real complaint. I had no clue where to even find the link for the bank. Once I found the thread it wasn’t hard, works well

Affiliate of:
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2019, 05:10 PM by .bojo.)

06-08-2019, 05:06 PMkit Wrote:

That was my real complaint. I had no clue where to even find the link for the bank. Once I found the thread it wasn’t hard, works well

Yeah we'll get on that. @prettyburn has been doing a great job getting this kicked off, there's bound to be a few things we miss.

I'm more concerned about that error message honestly. What did you do beforehand that lead to that