Create Account

Financial Planning for First Generation Rookies
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2019, 10:44 AM by PenKnight.)

[Image: S1jiHaA.jpg]

Maybe 2x media but if not base pay is great!
(Word Count 1365)

To Whom It May Concern,

This letter is for all the true rookies out there. The rookies who were like me last season and happened to find this site however you did. At first, the site or information could be overwhelming. I wanted to write a short letter that might be able to help you out in a few areas. I would say, the most important area, is earning TPE  doing your weekly PT tasks which can be found here at this link... SMJHL Player Progression. I am sure you have a mentor or someone who is helping you along but this letter could be useful if you have overlooked the posted information, having a difficult time or just didn't know. Other than earning all that TPE, which you will need to propel higher in the SHL Draft and providing a base for your player in their career, you will need a certain amount of money other than your player contract. Most likely you will be getting 3 million from the contract which will give you a jump for equipment and weekly training. These two items also earn that needed TPE. Although these three things are on the top of your priority list I can not stress enough that you will need the time to complete all of these tasks within a week or the given deadlines. Just like in real life, time equals money. Money is something you will certainly need and in my opinion it is nearly or as important as TPE as it basically translates to TPE down the road. 

You are going to need 4.5M if you want the best SMJHL equipment in the way of Stick, Gloves, Skates and Shoulder Pads. If you want less expensive equipment you can certainly buy that and get by but you won't maximize your TPE earn rate. If you decided on the best equipment you will be short 1.5M since your contract is most likely going to be 3M. You will have to create media. You can earn some cash through twitter as well by making 3 Tweets a week for 300k per week but that won't even cover your 500k per week training which gains an extra 3TPE per week. That 3 TPE will start to snowball so you really want to buy it each and every week. Monetarily speaking, you should plan on 500k per week x 8 but 10 would be better just in case, so let us say 5M for weekly training. Equipment will cost 4.5M for the maximum. As you can see, we are at 9.5M so let us just plan on 10M for your first every season in the SMJHL. This tells you that you need to make at least 7M to cover expenses for the season.This will be the high estimate of course. However, you can see that it can get expensive to keep up the pace and money doesn't grow on trees! The best value for your time and creativity is to take advantage of that doubles media week and of course your first media post. I pushed my first media post high in word count to get a 6M dollar pay day which basically covered my season. Personally I missed out on the doubles media draft week, so if you have the chance to get that, you can't go wrong. Of course, you can not double dip but you could write your first media and claim the multiplier and come back the next day to do a Draft Article. The deadline is the 12th, so I do apologize but as they say "Better Late Than Never!" 

Alright, so now you know the numbers and you are getting into this thing that is the SMJHL/SHL League or Fantasy Sim Site. What is next? Of course, you should be planning for the future. One thing I didn't know, is that after your rookie season and you get drafted into the SHL, you can redistribute your TPE. The max is 50 TPE of redistribution and will cost 100k per TPE Point that is redistributed for 5 Million total. Now, you most likely won't need this or you won't need to spend 5M to redistribute. I just wanted to let you know that it is a thing and that they do have a max on what you can do. Since I messed up my build near the end of the season and deviated from my Player Build Plan, I ended up having to redistribute the maximum of 50 TPE for 5M but I had so much fun posting media that my coffers were and still are overflowing. 

The point is that when the SHL Drafts you, things will change. Now you will pay 1 Million per week for training which will get you 5 TPE. Double the rate and almost double the earn of TPE. You can see how this is going to skyrocket your cost so you may want to get ready or plan for the future. Equipment will cost you 8.5M this second season but will garner you 28 extra TPE. Things like Penalty Shot or other unwanted TPE earned from equipment can be redistributed which is nice and I noticed that the average cost is under 1M to redistribute. You could just bank the TPE but why leave it in the bank when you can use it to get closer to your Cap Out at 350 TPE for season two!? 

Alright, lets sum this up. Total Training, Equipment and Redistribution of TPE will cost you 16 to 17 Million depending on what you purchase. To be safe you may just want to round up and plan on 20M per SHL season. This will be a little high but that only means you will have a positive account with some cushion. I am guessing your SHL contract will be around 2M per season for 3 years. I don't think you get the whole Six Million upfront so you should only plan on 2M which means you are going to need to earn 18M according to the financial advice provided in this letter. Thirty Million is the plan for your first two seasons and that should garner a little extra for a safety net. After 5 Million of contract money, that leaves you to earn 25 Million through media, if you want to try to play the min max game. Don't forget the TPE Tasks take time and effort as well so plan on a little heavy lifting right from the jump. Personally I pushed a ton of media last season because I just enjoyed it and it was like my new video game that I played constantly. This set me up with 23M going into the Draft but I had 8 Million in the pipeline, for a total of nearly 31 Million. to start my SHL career, after being drafted by the New Orleans Specters. I was able to buy all the high quality equipment and training, my first week, with ease. This upcoming week, I was able to pay the 5 Million for Redistribution with ease once again and had 15 Million left over. Of course, I took advantage of doubles week for SHL Draft Media and my coffers are yet again full with 17.5 Million. I also have 12 Million Pending and 7 to 10 Million pending which should bring me to 35 Million, in the bank, if I low ball it. Add this letter into the mix and it means a little more cashola!

So get out there and write some articles that garner 1000 dollars per word... at the base rate! If you don't like writing or typing you can do a podcast. That will garner you a maximum of 3 Million Per Week with a One Hour Cap on recording. You don't like those options?? That is ok, you can head into your paint or photoshop or whatever you use and create signatures that have high paydays, if you know what you are doing that is to say! Actually, I struggle in graphics but trying to learn as they put cash in your pocket. Remember what Notorious Big said: Honor's in the Dollar Kid!

This is a great article, just want to make it clear it’s actually 100k per 100 words, not 100k per word.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Great breakdown @PenKnight

And good luck to all the SMJHL prospects, should be a great draft!

06-10-2019, 09:38 AMWaters Wrote: This is a great article, just want to make it clear it’s actually 100k per 100 words, not 100k per word.

Yeah I meant 1000 dollars per word... good catch... will edit!

someone take over my mantle of rating players name, easy money

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

06-12-2019, 01:02 AM5ympathies Wrote: someone take over my mantle of rating players name, easy money

Just don't take over the mantle of the Clap!!

As a Rookie i forgot to sign up for the Fantasy League, because i thought i didn’t knew enough about the league to participate. I would advice to sign up though, because the only thing you need to do is pick 6 players, which gives you a guaranteed $1m for participation AND a chance for earning extra TPE.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Very helpful for every rookie for sure. I didn't know either money was that important.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 01:13 PM by PenKnight.)

06-12-2019, 08:19 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Very helpful for every rookie for sure. I didn't know either money was that important.

No Doubt! Money = TPE basically.

06-12-2019, 07:35 AMgordieboom Wrote: As a Rookie i forgot to sign up for the Fantasy League, because i thought i didn’t knew enough about the league to participate. I would advice to sign up though, because the only thing you need to do is pick 6 players, which gives you a guaranteed $1m for participation AND a chance for earning extra TPE.

This is good information for First Gen Rookies. I did not know this till now... thanks!

06-12-2019, 01:02 AM5ympathies Wrote: someone take over my mantle of rating players name, easy money

I agree, creative idea and fun read

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

$500k for 3 TPE is still a more efficient way to earn TPE than the $1m for 5 TPE, so sticking with the $500k can stretch your money twice as far if you carry a lower bank account value. Also avoiding the purchase of gear that provides you with TPE you don't want to apply, which saves you on equipment, and on the cost of redistributing that TPE you wouldn't want. Avoiding gear altogether is a good idea for anyone who isn't earning money from at least three sources (contract, twitter, media, graphics, site job, etc), because it is one of the least efficient methods of earning TPE. It can be hard to get by as a first gen player, but getting your money to last a little longer can make all the difference, and the long term effect is only having regression hit a little harder a little quicker. One example I use a lot is Chris Partridge, the guy is gonna hit 1300 TPE (top contract tier) and never buys gear. If you want to get a lot of TPE very quickly, then you'll need all that money for sure, but you can still get there eventually without the extra work if you can't afford the time.

Really great article @PenKnight Cheers

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 02:25 PM by PenKnight.)

06-12-2019, 01:52 PMGrapehead Wrote: $500k for 3 TPE is still a more efficient way to earn TPE than the $1m for 5 TPE, so sticking with the $500k can stretch your money twice as far if you carry a lower bank account value. Also avoiding the purchase of gear that provides you with TPE you don't want to apply, which saves you on equipment, and on the cost of redistributing that TPE you wouldn't want. Avoiding gear altogether is a good idea for anyone who isn't earning money from at least three sources (contract, twitter, media, graphics, site job, etc), because it is one of the least efficient methods of earning TPE. It can be hard to get by as a first gen player, but getting your money to last a little longer can make all the difference, and the long term effect is only having regression hit a little harder a little quicker. One example I use a lot is Chris Partridge, the guy is gonna hit 1300 TPE (top contract tier) and never buys gear. If you want to get a lot of TPE very quickly, then you'll need all that money for sure, but you can still get there eventually without the extra work if you can't afford the time.

Really great article @PenKnight Cheers

This is the flip side of the coin to maximize low income.
No doubt you make really great points of how to get the most bang for your buck.
My method is more for someone who has time to get so flush that money doesn't matter.
I think I spent over 1 Million on Redistribution when I could of just banked it instead and moved it out later.
Sometimes being rich makes you do foolish things and as they say... a fool and his money is soon parted.
Fits me to a T  Surrender

(Now we need to know what is the difference between 1300 TPE vs 1700 TPE...
Does the 400 TPE really make much difference in the simulator for the amount of time spent in the Salt Mines that is Media?
Can a Player fight Regression longer and be effective for the amount of work it entails?)