Create Account

Inside the War Room: One reporter's deep dive into Colorado's S48 draft

Inside the War Room: Colorado & the S48 Draft
By: Harry Hemmert

The Athletic’s own Harry Hemmert was given a behind the scenes look into the Colorado Raptors’ preparation for this week’s SMJHL Draft, a perspective unseen since Gary Joyce’s 2007 book, Future Greats & Heartbreaks, still available on Amazon. Follow Hemmert as he gives an up close view of roster decisions, scouting conversations, war room meetings, and the draft day itself!

When Johnny Hamilton, @hhh81  was hired as Colorado general manager last week, I breathed a sigh of relief. Covering the Raptors as closely as I have for the last 6 years, I’ve gotten to know Hamilton well from my early exposure to Cassius Darrow. A lawyer by trade, the Philadelphian has always been a strange one; emotional but not particularly warm, driven by his ego to do the best job possible. I was surprised when he asked me if I’d like to take on a story like this. It’s so rare for the media to get a chance to go behind the curtain, and Hamilton had no fear of what I’d disclose (even if he wasn’t the general manager at the time). When the announcement came out he would be promoted to GM, I knew my story could go to print. All these weeks of turning down other projects, risking my short term livelihood, would pay off.

Prepping for the S48 Draft: Disappointment, then laser focus

The Raptors had five picks in the top 21 of this season’s S48 draft (2nd, 11th, 12th, 20th, and 21st). There was hope that S48 would be as big and exciting a draft class as S45 was. When it was announced that wouldn’t be the case, Hamilton got to work immediately leveraging the prep work his team had started prior to the hire. He brought me in, in part to feed his ego, but also in part to try to help show the great work the team was doing, despite on-ice failures.

It was not clear who, if anyone, the team liked with their second overall pick. I sensed a great disappointment when they lost the lottery. This made two straight years the team would pick second overall. The team had been stockpiling draft choices, hoping this would be an r/hockey draft. While management discussed several trade options to move back or out of the first round and acquire S49 (the assumedly next r/hockey draft) picks as well as some to move up into the late first round, the management team decided to stand pat and leverage their current draft capital.

“We are really excited for some of the prospects in this class, and think we can make a major culture shift through the S48 draft,” Hamilton shared. “We will do better this time than we did [in S47].”

Former general manager Sebastian Frost was well known for taking a hands-off approach to the draft, focusing more energies on discussing trades, hyping current players for the SHL Draft, and managing day-to-day operations. While he played a part in the scouting and pre-draft processes, his Assistant GMs, both Kim Jong Fun and now Hamilton, were instead given large roles running the draft war room. After the challenges of the S47 SMJHL Draft, his first, Hamilton’s strategy changed.

“I think, in my first season leading a draft, I focused too much on positional fit and not as much as I should have on off-the-ice personality assessment,” Hamilton revealed. “This year, we’ve revamped our scouting department, and I feel we’re in a very good place to take steps forward after a few tough years. This draft is going to be a turning point for the Raptors.”

In S47, Hamilton and the scouting team had three clear positional targets—franchise goalie, goal scoring winger, and puck moving defenseman. They then loaded up on skilled forwards with the rest of their picks. Unfortunately, only three of the team’s eight picks have resulted in currently active players (goalie Alexander Thorstrom, and versatile forward Emeka Valentine-Okoli, and Latvian sniper Calogero Crudelli). Defenseman Mikelis Ozolins could still be a serviceable player, but went undrafted at last week’s SHL Entry Draft. Depth forward Conrad Farell has been spotted around InGEN Arena this offseason, he’s still hasn’t updated since April. If the team can get him back on the ice and updating, he could be a solid option and early dark horse for top pick in the S49 SHL Draft. He has a significant amount of TPE left unclaimed that would make waves for the Raptors if his development continues.

I witnessed several conversations between Hamilton, other team executives, and scouts regarding potential draft picks. Many of the conversations were focused on the players’ personalities and cultural fit with the team leadership and locker room.

Early on, it was unclear if management had an idea who they wanted at second overall. I noticed a disappointment when they lost the draft lottery to Lethbridge, especially after how challenging Sebastian Frost’s final season had been at the helm. Questions abounded about what the Lions’ management would target with the top pick, especially with murmurs that they were trying to trade back with a number of teams. Without a clear top pick in the draft, several league executives were on edge for how the first round could play out. It was clear, at least to start, Colorado wasn’t beholden to one player at the top of the draft.

The earliest part of scouting focused on the big names that asserted themselves early among the recreate class. All eyes were on players like Hugh Jazz @"ThatDamnMcJesus" , Conor Tanner @Keygan , Noah Andros @Good_Ole_Kimmy , Skao Anazibf @nour , and Jagger Fouquette @Waters , who entered the class with the benefits and baggage of veteran agents. As the high level recreate class swelled to nine, certain teams took special interest in trying to acquire more picks at the top of the draft. One team intended to unite a group of young players whose agents were past teammates and friends, and aggressively attempted to acquire another first round pick.

These attempts focused heavily on Colorado’s second overall pick, after Hamilton shared he would consider moving the pick. Hamilton heard out an offer to move back to the second round as well as acquire a mixture of S49 picks, but decided to stay put. One of the players this anonymous team desired was defenseman Noah Andros, represented by former Colorado assistant general manager, @Good_Ole_Kimmy. Colorado felt comfortable from a competitive and personal standpoint with Andros, having an immediate need to bolster blue line depth, and would most likely have taken Andros at second overall. There was also some interest in bringing Cody @Winter is Coming, a force of a forward, into the fold after a great interview between him and Hamilton sometime last week. Then an unexpected twist sent shockwaves through the Raptors’ war room.

The Plot Thickens: Colorado identifies their guy

“We have to get him,” Hamilton said the moment that center-turned-defenseman Derek Bohne @wumaduce announced for the draft. Bohne, the former Minnesota Chiefs forward, had recently announced his retirement and intentions to step away from hockey. His reentry into public life and interest in only playing for Anaheim or Colorado this coming season shocked many.

“If he’s there, it makes our job easy,” one team executive said. “Knowing his list is so short, do you think we can use [our three 2nds] to trade up into another first?”

“If he’s still there at [10], the Outlaws will grab him. They’re losing a ton after their Cup win.”

Hamilton contacted a few teams to discuss the price of such a deal, and was rumored up until draft night to have a potential deal ready to move back into the late first to grab Bohne. Colorado management’s long term relationship with Wuma Duce, the former Raptor and current agent for Bohne, seems to have played a major part in the ultimate decision to take the American defender at second overall. As far as I could tell, Bohne was cemented at the top spot on Colorado’s draft board from the moment he announced for the S48 class.

Behind the scenes, Hamilton had interviews to hire his assistant general manager. Our sources report there were four finalists for the position that was eventually filled by Dieter König @Sleepy, a former SMJHL executive with the Prince George Firebirds. Sleepy brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Colorado management team that became clear from his first moments in the war room. When he arrived, he noticed some things that immediately impressed him.

“The way [Hamilton] is approaching organizing a scouting department is refreshing,” Dieter König said. “It takes a lot of weight off me to have to contact every prospect ahead of the draft. They had a strong start in place, so I was able to catch up with what the rest of the team was thinking and add my perspective.”

Teams across the league hounded the phones to identify who might still be trying to move up to 1st overall, and if so, who the target would be. Colorado even called Lethbridge’s GM to see whether a 1-for-2 swap would make sense for either team. In the end, nothing came of those discussions. Colorado planned to stay put, unsure of what Lethbridge aimed to do with the top pick. Even top draft picks, hungry to know who would be the top pick of the draft, called league and team officials trying to figure out who might be the first player taken. Player agent and SHL veteran Wuma Duce used this opportunity to sow some discord among other draft prospects.

A New Way of Scouting for Dino Gang

“Relationships are the currency that drives this league,” Hamilton has become noted to say. “Players will only develop as well as they feel comfortable in our room, with our people. We want people who want to be Raptors. Make it happen!”

This approach put a premium on individualized conversations with prospects, especially focused on first generation players. Regardless of position or build, Hamilton’s Colorado hoped to, like Herb Brooks and the 1980 USA Olympic Team, get the right guys, not necessary the “best” guys.

During several interviews with players, I heard Hamilton asked them if they honestly would prefer to play elsewhere. His approach seemed genuine to me, as his goal has always seemed to focus on growing the game of hockey. His interactions with draft prospects highlighted this “Brooksian” roster building mantra of finding the right players to change the fortunes of Colorado.

“With most of the recreates, we know what we’re getting. Let’s aim to really try to know the first generation players, to see who might fit into the culture we’re trying to build here,” one team executive said. “I think it’d be great if we can grab two first gens at the top of the second round.”

“Three first gens in this draft could be a really good idea,” Wuma Duce added.

So the aim turned to gathering as much intel on the draft class as possible. As scouts made phone calls, more information trickled in until the Raptors brass had a good idea what players were at the top of their draft lists.

“[Heat] Siecker, [Noah] Brusky, and [Knox] Booth are standouts. They’ll be absolute monsters in this league,” one scout expressed.

“@HeatSiecker sounds like the perfect prospect. And of course, I love Booth. How high do you think other teams will aim for a goalie?”

“I’m not sure, but hopefully he falls a little bit and we can cement our goaltending for the next five seasons between Booth and Thorstrom.”

“There are a few guys I want to call today,” Konig shared. “Brusky, Bo Kane, Jake Primeau, and Booth all impress me. I want to see more.”

Hamilton nodded in agreement before continuing. “I think if we can get two of Brusky, Siecker, Sterling Slaughter, and Primeau at the top of the second, that would change the outlook of our team for a long time. Crudelli levels of impact, on and off the ice.”

There were murmurs of approval as the management group hit the phones. While there was still more than 60 hours until the draft commenced, their work was far from done.

The Secret Weapon

I noticed that, while the team didn’t discuss him a ton while I was present, Jean-Francois Mayer @YVOVD was solidly toward the top five of their draft list. From overheard conversations, Mayer had enjoyed his time at the end of the season with the Raptors so much, he shut it down, refusing to interview or work out for any other team. Similar to Satoshi Zigzagooney at the end of his rookie season, Mayer hid some TPE, waiting to do a massive update after being drafted.

“We promised him he’d go at 20 or 21 overall (final pick of the second or start of the third round), and he was comfortable with that so we could add even more talent to the team for next season,” Hamilton disclosed to me minutes before the draft started. “He’s the exact sort of player we knew we wanted to have in our program, and we’re thrilled to get him back with the team after a few weeks away. I think with a little work, he can easily be a first round pick in the SHL.”

“From my very first conversations with [Hamilton] I knew I wanted to be part of what he was building in Colorado” Meyer shared when called for comment. “Then I signed for the end of the season and got to know the people in the locker room and it was clear this was the team I belonged with. I spoke with Hamilton every week since then. He set me up with a private trainer that helped me round out other parts of my game. Colorado never asked me not to speak with other teams, but I knew where I wanted to be. I tried to stay under the radar so we could make this happen. Other teams called me, but I asked my agent not to respond.”

How do you find a diamond in the rough?

The top end of their board solidified, the last few meetings I witnessed focused heavily on the players they might have overlooked. Konig pushed hard for Jan Zacha to be in the mix at the top of the second round, and the scouts shared information back and forth. Sunday night, Johnny Hamilton made several calls to international players Rick Sanchez and Cupa Kakko, eventually connecting with both. He was able to share good information and learn a little bit about each going into the next day’s draft. He also had an impromptu sit down meeting with Russian defenseman Wyatt Ruschkoff @Sand and Hamilton defender Nastya O’Koivu @Pris . Through O’Koivu as an interpreter, Hamilton learned a great deal about Ruschkoff’s life and experience. Both sides left the meeting very impressed, and hopeful for a draft connection the next day.

Draft Day: Bringing the band together

7:46am, June 10th

Excited to make five selections in the top 21, Colorado’s brass arrived early Monday morning to their final day of war room conversations. Anatoli Terrorov @StadiumGambler , the new head coach, was notably absent this morning, but the staff continued to fire up the phones to see what last minute intel they could gather.

10:03am, June 10th

Hamilton had morning meetings with Jake Primeau (@rangersbruinslightning), Noah Brusky (@BrewskyBoy), J-F Mayer, and Ricky Spanish (@Whikadoodle). He came away impressed in each case, but was especially taken by the young defender, Brusky. This cemented Brusky as a target at pick 11.

Next, Hamilton sat down with the young Canadian forward Primeau, son of Minnesota goalie Sebastien Primeau. Primeau had a lot of questions about offseason training regiments and how the draft would go, and Hamilton was able to assuage some of his concerns. They departed, both sides open to a potential future union in Colorado. One side unsure where he might land, the other well aware he was in the mix for the Raptors at 12th overall.

Ricky Spanish, in town for the draft, requested a one-on-one meeting with Hamilton. He was interested to know what Colorado was going to do in the draft, especially with picks 11 and 12. Hamilton was honest with the mysterious young winger, sharing that Spanish was most likely not their target in the second round, but if he fell further they would definitely consider adding his playmaking skill.

Finally, I got to see Hamilton and J-F Mayer interact. The Quebecois Mayer is slight, barely reaching 5-9. His dress shirt and khaki shorts showed there was very little muscle on his frame. Despite this, Hamilton’s ongoing relationship with Mayer was clear, as both sides made sure they were still on the same page. I cherished these unguarded moments between the pair, and how their trust between GM and prospect clearly took some work. Mayer shared he was excited to play any role for the team, and that he’d not spoken with any other teams. He was a Raptor or die. If the team needed him to play defense, he would learn how to play defense. His energy left a smile on my face.

12:46pm, June 10th

A shock went through the Colorado war room as @Brandon Holmes, founder of the Buffalo Stampede and the agent representing former Colorado Raptors player forward Nico Gross, joined Gross at his retirement press conference. During this time, Brandon acknowledged he’d signed American defenseman Gavin Hughes as his next client. Teams clamored to reach Brandon and Gavin, including Hamilton. Hughes publicly remarked about having very positive thoughts about the Raptors, but saying ultimately he dreamed of playing for the Anaheim Outlaws. Hamilton hoped to change his mind in the short moments left before the draft.

5:31pm, June 10th

Late in the afternoon, Hamilton received phone calls from Jukka Jokinen @jtp  and Gavin Hughes. Jokinen apologized for missing Hamilton’s earlier calls and wanted to make sure Colorado didn’t have any other questions for him. Hughes and his agent were excited to hear from the Raptors, and was surprised when Hamilton was conversant about Dance Gavin Dance and similar Vans Warped Tour mainstays with the young Mr. Hughes. Hughes shared he’d be happy to play for the Raptors and be a mainstay in the locker room.

In between the scouting conversations, Hamilton fielded several calls from other general managers about potential trades. Teams were very interested in acquiring at least one of Colorado’s three second round picks. Hamilton would listen, but ultimately turned down the offers that came his way. He also made several calls to the management teams of Halifax, Kelowna, Montreal, and Anaheim about moving up from 31st to the middle of the third round. There was mixed interest, and in the end none of the deals made sense for both sides, so the new Colorado GM thanked them for their time and ventured on to the next call.

6:49pm, June 10th

“Alright, ladies and gentlemen, now it’s time to put it all together,” Hamilton said, shoving the remnants of a ham and turkey sandwich into his mouth. “Almost an hour ‘til draft time.”

The war room was aflutter with conversation, loose papers, highlight tape, and constant phones ringing. The scouting staff went over the draft board one more time, to see where there might be a last second change.

“Are we set on Bohne at 2?”

“I think so,” Konig said, “though I think Noah Andros and Jan Zacha @StaticShocked  should be right there.”

“I agree with Dieter,” former GM Frost @39alaska39  added. “I think we still should consider Andros at two, but I know Hamilton is confident in Bohne. I support the choice.”

“We can’t go wrong with the tier we have at the top of the second,” a scout added. “Who should we pick if Siecker and Brusky are both still there at 11?”

“My sources keep saying Brusky could go as high as 3rd to Halifax,” Jakub Novak, @Esso2264  former Raptor and current Manhattan Rage player, added.

“Hopefully one of them is still there, then we can take a forward with 12.”

“Let’s hope we’re lucky enough to have a choice between them,” Hamilton exclaimed. “I’m not sure what Vancouver is doing at 6, but I’m worried they need defense. Our best bet would be for Andros to fall to them, so it’s less likely there’s a run on blueliners.”

“We know Detroit is between Andros and Jagger Fouquette at 4,” Frost added. “How many calls have you gotten today from them, Johnny?”

“Shit, you don’t wanna know. They want 20 bad, but we’re not budging.”

“Team, Lethbridge finally got a trade for the top pick,” an advisor exclaimed. The room went silent.

“Detroit’s got 1 and 4 now.”

After a moment of silence, Hamilton spoke.

“If they’re smart, that means Noah Andros goes first overall. They think he’s going at 2.”

As if by magic, Hamilton’s phone rang. It was Joey Wheeler, Detroit’s Assistant GM.

“Hey John. It’s me again. I bet you saw the trade.”

“Yeah.”

“I don’t have any more deals to pitch. Between us, who are you all really targeting at 2? We’re thinking about taking—“

“We’re between Andros and Bohne.”

“Really? No preference?”

Hamilton shrugged. “Time will tell.”

“Would you be upset if we took Andros? I don’t wanna burn any bridges between us. I know Halifax isn’t going to take our guys at 3, so the only concern… is the Raptors.”

Silence.

“You all still have Bohne as a target, even if we take Andros. You’ve known how much we wanted him.

“Do whatever you need to do to benefit your team, and we’ll do what we do. You’ve been persistent, but honest, from the very start with what you’re trying to do…”

“Fouquette isn’t our guy, and I’m not the spiteful sort. I’m too damn tired for all that today.”

“I appreciate that. Thank you, and good luck.”

7:03pm, June 10th

Back in the war room, the team continued to discuss the merits of several players.

“I love Ruschkoff—if he’s there at our 20 and 21 pick, we should go for it,” one scout stated.

“He had a great conversation with Johnny yesterday,” another added. “We’re gonna have a tough choice with those picks if Booth, Mayer, and Ruschkoff are all there.”

Hamilton reentered the room. “Noah’s probably going first, Fouquette fourth.”

“You didn’t try to turn the screws on them?” one of the Canadian scouts asked. “Should have told them they can send us some picks to trade up from 4 to 2 and assure they get their guys.”

“No,” Hamilton said wearily, sighing. “I’m too tired for that spiteful shit. We’ll get our guy, and we’ll get ours. They talked their way into the top pick this year. We stand pat and stay the course on our board.”

Silence. I notice several committed looks and supportive nods as Hamilton’s words hang in the air.

“Alright, where were we?”

“Are you sure about Mayer at 21, boss?” Novak inquired. “We might be able to get him at 31, and if Ruschkoff and Booth are there at 20…”

“I have a feeling that will work itself out, Hats. I have some feelers out to move up from 31 to the middle of the third, just in case.”

“Anchorage called Booth’s bantam coach, trying to get some insight on the kid. They don’t have a third rounder this year, so I think he’s in play at 14.”

“If that happens, we have a backup plan. Valentine-Okoli has a friend from home, a goalie. That Sanchez kid. Might be a worthwhile gamble at 31 if everyone else is gone.”

“But he hasn’t worked out for anyone. There’s no guarantee he’ll even come over,” Terrorov shared.

“It’s Booth or bust for the most part,” Konig added, nods of response filling the silence.

“What about that Kakko kid?”

“Which one? Martin?,” Novak asked.

“No, he means Cupa,” Hamilton said in a low hush. “I had a call with him last night. He’s young, raw, but eager to learn and grow. I think he would be as good an option at 31 as anyone.”

“Unless someone surprising falls,” Frost said with a smirk. “How was your call with Hughes?”

“Good. I don’t know where he’ll fall, but I’d be comfortable with him at 12 if Siecker, Brusky, and Ruschkoff all are gone somehow, or 21 if we can’t pass up on forwards in the second round.”

“He jumped in so late, I think he might still be there at 31. Some teams probably didn’t even get to talk to him today.”

“Halifax and Montreal have a ton of picks in the 2nd and 3rd. They’d be fair landing places.”

“Can we get back to Mayer? I’m just not sure about him at 21. He missed out on a lot of prime training since he shut it down.”

“You’re right,” Hamilton said, acknowledging the room. “What does everyone think?”

“That’s risky,” Frost stated. “He wants to be here and someone would probably take a stab at him between 22 and 30, even without all the training and declining workouts and interviews.”

“He plays hard,” Terrorov added. “Can’t say the same about some other guys last year.”

“The guys in the locker room loved him down the stretch. We can’t risk not getting J-F back in the room. Johnny, can you possibly trade up in the third?

“I’ll make some calls. I think Kelowna and Halifax will still hear me out.”

7:48pm, June 10th, SMJHL Draft floor

When I saw him next, it was clear from Hamilton’s expression his trade calls weren’t fruitful. I could feel electricity in the air as the young athletes waited impatiently to see where they would be drafted. Over 30 prospects were in the small auditorium live, hoping to see where their professional journey would take them next. After some indecision, disagreements, and anxiety a few minutes ago, the Colorado management looks calm and focused. Dieter Konig has slipped out, but current Raptors Emeka Valentine-Okoli @ProjectSaint  and Julio Tokolosh @Julio Tokolosh  are present to give their perspective and show immediate support for their new teammates.

The top of the draft goes as many expected. Andros. Bohne. Cody. Fouquette. Murmurs as Kelowna takes Prince Devitt. Shrugs at Anchorage bringing top TPE earner Elijah Jones back to the cold north, and a small gasp when Vancouver takes Zacha. It seems Colorado was sure he’d fall a little more.

Hamilton curses as St. Louis takes the first first-gen player in Noah Brusky. The gritty shut down defender had engendered a lot of excitement with this group.

“One down,” he let slide out sarcastically through gritted teeth.

Two more picks and Colorado is back on the clock. They nearly run to the stage to announce the selection of Heat Siecker. While Hamilton is making the announcement, the rest of the staff discuss their next pick.

“Kane, Primeau, or Slaughter here?”

“We need centers. After next year, who do we really have?” Terrorov exclaimed emphatically.

“I mean, several. Knute, Peralta, JCW. But if we go center here, it’d be Primeau or Kane,” one scout retorted.

“Bo Kane really liked his interviews. I think he wants to be part of turning this around.”

“Then it should be Kane,” Frost said flatly.

“Both of the others are great too. I don’t think we can lose with any of them.”

Hamilton returned to the table, and asked where they were at. After the summary, Hamilton turned around to make their second straight pick.

“With the 12th overall pick of the S48 draft, the Colorado Raptors are proud to select, from the Salmon Arm Silverbacks, Center @NONAME Bo Kane.”

The second round continued. Key targets Jake Primeau and Wyatt Ruschkoff went 14 and 16, respectively. Gasps reflected moderate surprise to many fans (but none to the SMJHL management teams) when Skao Anazibf went 17th overall to Detroit. While a top earning prospect, his connection to Detroit was well documented before the draft and was a near guarantee.

When Hugh Jazz, one of the top earners in the class fell to Montreal at 19, Colorado released a sigh of relief. Hamilton wordlessly looked around the table, making eye contact with each scout. As they nodded and smiled he walked up to the podium to announce that goalie Knox Booth @Tate and winger Jean-Francois Mayer would be joining the Raptors.

The run of skilled first-gen forwards continued into Round 3, as Jon Snow, Sterling Slaughter, Jukka Jokinen, Nicklaus Engel, and Mike Richard went 24-28. The Raptors table whispered to each other.

“Hughes is still on the board. If Montreal doesn’t take him, St. Louis’s pick is forfeited. He could fall to us!”

Such excitement was short lived, as the Militia enlisted Hughes one pick later.

“Terrorov, Tokolosh, everyone else. Scour the bottom end of the draft board to see if there’s anything left. I think we need to take that Cupa Kakko kid here. He’s probably the safest option left.”

“The kid’s got a helluva shot” their head European scout shared.

“He doesn’t pass though,” Terrorov grumbled sullenly. “Do we need another selfish winger?”

“From my interview with him and his agent, I can promise you he’s not that sort of person or player,” Hamilton asserted. “Plus, Anatoli, you regularly complained to me about how we didn’t have enough strong shooters last season.”

“Fine,” the Russian coach said, glowering. “Just make sure you call teams about that Ushakov. I won’t play him again on my team, and I don’t want us losing him for nothing.”

They announced the pick. They saw Cupa Kakko’s (@finn_tatti25) mother tearfully hug her son, and he made his way up to the stage to shake hands and pull on the Raptors blue and gold for the first time. When Hamilton returned, and the scouting staff was discussing several players they considered longshots. In the end, the team decided they would pass, thereby ending the S48 draft for the Raptors. They got three forwards, two defensemen, and a goaltender. They waited as other teams made their final picks before seeking out the newest Raptors to congratulate them and welcome them to Colorado.

I noted that Hamilton, in between conversations with Booth, Siecker, and Kakko, sought out Gavin Hughes, Jake Primeau, and Jukka Jokinen to congratulate them on their drafting. Wyatt Ruschkoff @Sand also ran up to the Raptors boss to seemingly share some trash talk in a broken English-Russian hybrid (O’Koivu again translated, thankfully).

After two seasons of despair, it finally looked as if Colorado’s dawning day was upon the horizon. Time will tell whether the Four Star Cup will finally return to the Mile High City for the first time since S27.

Quote:Beautiful sweet SMJHL Draft x2 bonus. About 5110 words before tags were added, so it could be even higher. I missed writing long form media like this. Pretty sure I'm solid for the next few seasons!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

great read

Can I get a tl;Dr?

Great article, man, really enjoyed the read!

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Raptors Raptors! Raptors
Open an SMJHL casino, make me rich.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

This is some really good shit. Cheers

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Mom was crying can confirm

[Image: FdGZwEX.png]

Sooooooo good! Damn fine read, thank you for drafting me @hhh81 , I can't wait to hit the ice! Smile

[Image: p82ugau.png]

Love it Darrow! Raptors

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Always fun getting a look behind the scenes. Nice write up!

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]