Create Account

Let's Talk about Anchorage's SHL Draftees
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2019, 08:16 PM by DaftRaincloud.)

2x Media ~700 words.

I have had the unique privilege to share a locker room and play some games with these dorks. Let's go pick by pick and I'll share my thoughts and feelings about these guys.

Let's start with the second overall pick, Gabriel Johnson. @Gwdjohnson. Of all those who were drafted he is who I have interacted the most with in our locker room. He's got a great sense of humor and is an extremely active participant in Discord and on the site. As the second overall pick he will have high expectations but I trust that Johnson will live up to and exceed them. He is an offensive defenseman and I am expecting a big showing from him in the SMJHL this year. I'm not a fan of giving draft picks ratings, but if I had to give one here I am feeling a strong F. It's actually a pretty good pick, I would give it an A. But he gave me a C so I'm heated.

Next we have Joe Kerr going to Los Angeles with the 18th pick. @Le_Kris. I haven't had as many interactions with Joe in the locker room as I would have liked, but I've never heard a bad word about the guy. He's a winger that will definitely be getting first line minutes next season in juniors and I think we all expect him to be an extremely valuable asset for the Armada next season. If he continues to grow at the rate he currently is Los Angeles could have a top six player for years to come.

The next pick from the Armada is me, Jonas Larsen, with the 24th pick going to San Francisco. I had higher expectations for myself than what I produced, but I hope with getting top six minutes next season I can prove my worth and show San Francisco that I was a good get and worth the 24th pick, which is above where I was predicted.

Two picks later we got the next boat, Raphael d'Alcott. @KenitohMenara. He's a fellow Vegas fan and he and I have had many hockey related conversations. d'Alcott will be with Larsen on the second line as the other winger and along with Stavros Halkias the trio will make up the "undrafted" line as they were all players that came in after the SMJHL draft was completed. d'Alcott will be an extremely deadly scoring winger next season and beyond.

Hey look at that going to New Orleans with the 28th pick we have Darnell Johnson. Every two picks we have a player from the Armada going, that's pretty neat. @frithjofr. Darnell was the "oil" in the "baby oil" defensive pairing of Johnson and Johnson. I also personally award him the honor of greatest article written on this site with his piece "Draft Punk Is Playing at My House." Whereas Gabriel Johnson is all about those goals, Darnell Johnson scoffs at the idea of pucks being scored so much that he refuses to allow the opposing team to do it. Darnell locks down the ice and has the stamina of Ron Jeremy so he can go for hours.

Bucking the trend we have Stavros Halkias going to Los Angeles with the 32nd pick to join Joe Kerr. @Bongo. As mentioned earlier Stavros will be centering the undrafted line. Stavros is great at moving the puck and with two elite scoring wings on his left and his right he will have the opportunity to rack up the assists next season. Los Angeles has a player with great potential here with a late pick.

Overall I think that the Armada players had a good showing in this years draft and I expect good things from all of us. We may not all hit the major league at the same time but I have faith we all will and I will be following everyone's career beyond their time with me in Alaska. Go boats.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

SFP
SFP
SFP
SFP

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Were a lot of Armada players up near the top of our scouting list. Glad we came away with at least, and dare I say my favourite one Cheers

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-12-2019, 09:30 AMGrapehead Wrote: Were a lot of Armada players up near the top of our scouting list. Glad we came away with at least, and dare I say my favourite one Cheers

You got a great dude in your LR! You guys won't regret the pick I'm sure.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

06-12-2019, 12:46 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
06-12-2019, 09:30 AMGrapehead Wrote: Were a lot of Armada players up near the top of our scouting list. Glad we came away with at least, and dare I say my favourite one Cheers

You got a great dude in your LR! You guys won't regret the pick I'm sure.

Ilike

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]