Create Account

Kalju sits down

[Image: 0lf8Gel.png]

Sometimes opportunity comes that allows you to do something new and interesting. Something like that happened to me some time ago when famous blogger contacted me, the bloggers name is Breedi MacinTair. He is quite big in Edmonton, he sits in his favorite coffee shop and just writes about life in general. Anyways, he basically said that he would like to ask few questions from me since he is a massive Blizzards fan. I thought that would be quite fun to do, so I went in and did it! Nice guy, ridiculously deep voice though. Going to now post few of the ´questions´ and my answer to them, you can find more on BreediDoesMagic.com!

Now that the season has been over for some time, it´s a perfect time to reflect and look back, tell us a little bit about how your season went?

The season 47 was a good one for me, most points and goals in one season - 14+28,  so a career year! I also took only 16 penalty minutes in 50 games, which is the lowest total in my career by far. Big thanks of the good year goes to me moving up to first pairing and next to Tor Tuck. Me and Tuck get along well, Tuck plays the game angry and I look like I´m angry all the time.  What made our pairing work was Tor taking care of most of the physical stuff, so I could have bit more freedom. Last year I spent playing next to Brady McIntryre on the second pairing, I was super jealous of him, quite often I lost secondary assist to him, I cellyed angrily. This season I did not feel like that anymore, I even smiled few times while cellying. The change showed in the penalty minute total, as mentioned 16 this season and 57 last season - I´m like a new player nowadays.

When going forward I need to start shooting even more, 15% of the 92 shots went in this year, coaches call me a beast and as much as I like the handshakes after each practice, I need to be better. Hoping to hit magical 20 goals in 50 games, that is hell of a total, but if I already hit 14 - not far away to 20!

You are put in a room with no doors, no windows, two chairs, and a singular light. The only other person in the room is the cutest person you have ever seen. Brady McIntyre. What do you do?

To be in a situation like that can be a nightmare for some and a dream to the ones who like Brady. For me, it´s a mix of both. First thing I would do is to try and find way out of the room, if there is no way to get out, I would take one of the chairs and just sit there for hours. When Brady maybe tries to sleep for bit, I will take the other chair and break it, now I´m the only one with a chair and I have claimed dominant position in this situation.

I would let Brady use my chair only after he completes a task , naming top-3 Kalju goals could earn him hour of chair time. Overall, I would speak very little and just sit on my chair until something happens. Depending on how long we would be there, I could go crazy surprisingly fast and when that happens - no telling what is the end result, but before that just a waiting game.

McIntyre wins the khan since he is the cutest shl player and everybody likes him. He takes the team out to a strip club and to your surprise, a fellow shl player is one of the strippers. What do you do?

Going to a strip club with McIntyre was a lot of fun, his trademark snap sweatpants are like made for that environment, easy to remove, but also easy to put back on if you need to get out quickly.  The whole team rolled up to his favorite strip club near our training rink in Edmonton, the club is called: Connors McDavids. Weird name if you ask me, but everything else is quality about the place. When we walked in, almost immediately I noticed a familiar face.

At first I was not sure if it´s just someone who looked like him, but when I walked closer - it sure was him, DeMaricus Smyth was one of the strippers! Naturally we all went to watch his show, he was working the pole like a true pro.

After his set was done, he came down to chat with us. Turns out that DeMaricus performs as a stripper because he likes it, but it´s also good calf workout. I guess there is worse ways to spend your off-season.

(800 all, 700 without questions, ready to be graded!)

[Image: asking-you-out-leo.gif]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

06-12-2019, 04:46 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: [Image: asking-you-out-leo.gif]

[Image: AWsu5ew.gif]