Create Account

The Friendly Cup 2, brought to you by The Outlungus Foundation - Game Thread

[Image: loyI0xv.png]

Following the sign-up thread which, thanks to the lot of you, saw enough demand for a three-way tournament, it's time to start sharing the actual games. Like last season, this is a separate thread for all of the actual soccer in the Friendly Cup. For a brief bit of technobabble, there were some changes from the previous event: the CPU level this time around was placed at Top Player (Pro Evolution Soccer 6's hardest level) and I've also changed the Aggression meters, which were probably responsible for the lack of fucks displayed in the first Friendly Cup. I also would like to note that some players didn't have a render, so I used whatever was close enough of an appearance as reference. This tournament is also the first one to feature female players which... well, let's just say Konami didn't think of that possibility back in the day but I think I managed to reach a decent facsimile thereof. There was also some additional flavour text for the tournament, including a new venue and some creative sponsors.

Now, in character, the Outlungus Foundation would like to thank the Michigan Hellhounds of the Simulated Lacrosse League, the Nagano Kitsune (owners of farm team Sapporo Ice Fairies) and the CHH Nueva Chicago organizations from the Intercontinental Hockey League for their loaning of players for this event, not to mention all of the Simulation Hockey League players that signed up and their respective teams for allowing their participation. Additionally, we thank the Anaheim Desperados Soccer Club for allowing us to use their venue (affectionately called "Outlungus Park" for this event).

Without further ado, here are the rosters.

Quote:BEACH BOYS
Namesake: The Beach Boys
GK - Sebastien Primeau (@MrPrime) Chiefs
DEF - Mathias Seger (@Segi) Chiefs
DEF - Lyle Odelein III (@Huck24) Scarecrows
DEF - Rhys Cerf (IHL, Nagano Kitsune player)
DEF - Amandine Larrouquette (IHL, Nagano Kitsune player)
MID - Yoshimitsu McCloud (@Thunfish) Outlaws
MID - Theo Morgan (@Otrebor13) Whalers
MID - Raquel Castillo Gutierrez (@Jiggly_333) Knights
MID - Corey Kennedy (@SDCore) Outlaws
FW - Martijn Westbroek (@JNH) syndicate
FW - Emeka Valentine-Okoli (@ProjectSaint) Raptors

HOUSE OF PAIN
Namesake: House of Pain
GK - Jean-Louis Robotnik (SLL player, Michigan Hellhounds)
DEF - Nat Emerson (@Thelastheraclid) Falcons
DEF - Clementine de la Chevrotiere (IHL player, Sapporo Ice Fairies)
DEF - Kari Laaksonen (IHL player, Sapporo Ice Fairies)
DEF - Keeley Wong (IHL player, Sapporo Ice Fairies)
MID - Nathan Explosion (@micool132) pride
MID - Jon Forty-One (@C9Van) Whalers
MID - Nicolaj Muller (@esilverm) Scarecrows
MID - Joseph Lombardi (@bluesfan55) pride
FW - Barry Batsbak (@Katth) Dragons
FW - Josh Driver (@jblock3) Falcons

ST. VINCENT
Namesake: St. Vincent
GK - Emiko Spector (@MantoRune) Falcons
DEF - Gabriel Johnson (@Gwdjohnson) Armada
DEF - Tony Ford (@Fordyford) Armada
DEF - Maja Cederstrom (IHL player, CHH Nueva Chicago)
DEF - Lehlohonolo Makhetha (IHL player, CHH Nueva Chicago)
MID - Dakota Reid (@Jiggly_333) pride
MID - Nick Connolly (@shutdown) Outlaws
MID - Hippo Passamus (@Mayuu) Stampede
MID - Madeline del Franco (IHL player, CHH Nueva Chicago)
FW - Monkey D. Luffy (@TnlAstatine) Lions
FW - Luciana Etcheverry Correa (IHL player, CHH Nueva Chicago)
How it'll work:  Matches are played in two halves of five minutes (in real time) with two smaller, extra halves under golden goal rules (ergo, if someone scores, the game is over) and penalty shootouts at the end. Should a team go into the extra halves, both teams are given a point in the table with the eventual winner (either via golden goal or penalty shootout win) getting an additional point for their win.

I thank all of you beforehand for allowing me to run this again, by the way. Really enjoy the work.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

So, a bit of trivia... my internet connection went down halfway through the match, hence why I'm only posting these now. This match is a two-parter, for the record: if you want to watch only the extra time, check the second video but you can watch both for completion's sake.

Quote:THE TABLE SO FAR
1. Beach Boys (2 pts., 1 OTW)
2. House of Pain (1 pt., 1 OTL)

Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

I appreciate how your player was the one who won it in extra time. Also, ROCKY SCORED ON PENALTIES!!!!

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

And just so everyone knows, CHH Nueva Chicago is my IHL team. Excited to see Mads, Lucy, and Koda link up and to see Lelo and Maja kick ass defensively. Just a huge fan of St. Vincent over here. All of those CHHNC players are 99 in their respective areas (Mads and Lucy: Scoring, Lelo and Maja: Defense; Also Maja has 89 scoring).

[Image: tumblr_inline_p9bmmyS7Gw1shrvnw_250.gif]

06-12-2019, 09:00 PMJiggly_333 Wrote: I appreciate how your player was the one who won it in extra time. Also, ROCKY SCORED ON PENALTIES!!!!

I admit laughing out loud when I saw the husky head bob back from the penalty just to get tackled by people. It's the sort of stuff that shouldn't write itself. That said, I'd like to inform that we'll run the other two games in Beginner difficulty again. I mean, I did run the other two in Top Player as well and... yeah, if you lads like games without goals, those were a treat.

My Internet connection is acting up like crazy though, so we'll probably get those new sims on Beginner tomorrow instead. Hope not to disappoint with those.

Outlungus

So, after yesterday's issues, we're back! And I got a hot new match to share with you all. Previously, the Beach Boys and the House of Pain went to overtime and a result could only be reached after a penalty shootout. Tonight, we got something different. A game that, gasp, actually finished in regular time. Well, I won't let you wait any further.

Quote:THE TABLE SO FAR
1. St. Vincent (3 pts.)
2. Beach Boys (2 pts.)
3. House of Pain (1 pt.)

We're this close to the end of the tournament, just one match left. Expect that one to drop either tonight still or tomorrow afternoon!

Outlungus

I truly wish you all could've seen my fucking reaction to Jon missing the fucking penalty.

In my defence I am English and we're terrible at pens so, I blame the manager.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Well, here we are, ladies and gents. The final game of the Friendly Cup 2. St. Vincent and the Beach Boys came to this match with everything on stake. The winner gets the opportunity of... well, winning. Without further ado, let's see the match!

Expect the overall results and an image featuring the Friendly Cup 2 champions in the next post, where I also plan to add my thanks.

Outlungus

Quote:THE FINAL TABLE
  1. St. Vincent (6 pts.)
  2. Beach Boys (2 pts.)
  3. House of Pain (1 pt.)

Quote:In the end, it was written that only a single team could win the Friendly Cup. Even though three made their own valuable cases, only one of those could hoist it. In the end, a team in red and white claimed the illustrious trophy that was probably stolen from Konami's vault and thus enshrined their name in the history of... off-season tournaments that are done with another sport in mind. Make sure you visit the town of Thun (and have tons of fun) in the nearest future in honour of the makeshift team of St. Vincent, the Friendly Cup 2 champions!

[Image: wYKxibT.png]
Here's a shoddy picture of the team lifting the Cup. It's shoddy because Konami didn't think of just having a single shot where everyone registered to the team would show up. They also made the substitutes show up, which I was hoping wouldn't be a thing. FFS, Konami.
St. Vincent: Emiko Spector; Gabriel Johnson, Tony Ford, Maja Cederstrom, Lehlohonolo Makhetha; Dakota Reid (captain), Nick Connolly, Hippo Passamus, Madeline del Franco; Monkey D. Luffy, Luciana E. Correa.

And with that, the Friendly Cup 2 is officially over. I'd like to thank the following users for signing up for the event. I hope that this tournament was at least somewhat fun for you and would like to apologize for wasting anyone's time if you did feel like so when watching it.
Quote:@MrPrime
@Segi
@Huck24
@Otrebor13
@Jiggly_333
@SDCore
@JNH
@ProjectSaint
@"MantoRune"
@Gwdjohnson
@Fordyford
@shutdown
@Mayuu
@TnlAstatine
@Thelastheraclid
@micool132
@C9Van
@esilverm
@bluesfan55
@Katth
@jblock3
I'd also like to preventively thank anyone that comes across this thread and decides to watch everything. Hope it'll be good for you as much as it was for me to work on it. Additionally, further thanks to my teammates at both the Outlaws and the Pride locker room for showing interest in my zany idea. I do wish to bring the tournament back for a third edition next season, but I do wish for some changes. The idea of managers did make me think that maybe instead of randomized teams, players could gather a squad of their own as a team to play for the Cup, if there's any further interest towards that, I'd be keen.
Additionally, I've been thinking that, albeit editing on PES 5 is easy and all, we could improve things a little bit. I do have a copy of PES 2013 laying around. While it would make editing a bit busier to do... I dunno, it sounds a bit better looking. I'll be up for suggestions during the regular season if anyone cares about it.
Anyway, thank you all!

Outlungus

great job thun, fun stuff!

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

nice! I like that passamus was a fatty in this league as well :D

RETIRED

Thanks for doing this!  It was fun to be part of!

So excited for Lucy Correa. 3 goals in the tournament and a championship. Completely expected it too, she's Argentinian. Expect more Argentine players in the future if he keeps letting me send Los Bomberos players over.

[Image: Mariana-Larroquette-2-840x1024.jpg]

Also, Koda getting a goal as captain feels so good and I love it. Here's hoping that the next tournament she can be manager and have a team sponsored by her Big Shoulder Pads Foundation. Either way, St. Vincent is the best and I think we've all learned that here.

[Image: giphy.gif]