Create Account

Franchise Net Worth (S47)
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019, 01:02 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: 1qSVjuz.png]

-------------------------------------

[Image: SFP.png]

San Fransisco Pride Value: $ -15.5 Million Dollars  *Bankruptcy*
Rank: 16th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S25-S47
S47 Earnings: +10.0M || Average Earnings per year: -4.1 Million 

[Image: syndicate-banner.png]

Chicago Syndicate Value: $85.0 Million Dollars  
Rank: 15th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S45-S47
S47 Earnings: +10.0M || Average Earnings per year: +5.0 Million

[Image: specters-banner.png]

New Orleans Specters Value: $107.5 Million Dollars  
Rank: 14th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S45-S47  
S47 Earnings: +15.5M || Average Earnings per year: +16.25 Million  

[Image: buf.png]

Buffalo Stampede Value: $124.0 Million Dollars
Rank: 13th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S25-S47    
S47 Earnings: +13.5M || Average Earnings per year: +5.63 Million

[Image: Rage.png]

Manhatten Rage Value: $186.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 12th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47  
S47 Earnings: +13.5M || Average Earnings per year: +6.21 Million

[Image: barracuda-banner.png]

Tampa Bay Barracuda Value: $282.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 11th (-3)  || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47  
S47 Earnings: -7.0M || Average Earnings per year: +9.41 Million

[Image: LAPBanner.png]

Los Angeles Panthers Value: $284.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 10th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: +0.00 || Average Earnings per year: +9.48 Million

[Image: NorthStars.png]

Toronto North Stars Value: $286.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 9 (+2) || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: +13.5M || Average Earnings per year: +9.55 Million

[Image: Texas.png]

Texas Renegades Value: $295.0 Million Dollars
Rank: 8th (+1) || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: +10.0M || Average Earnings per year: +9.8 Million

[Image: Steelhawks.png]

Hamilton Steelhawks Value: $317.0 Million Dollars
Rank: 7th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: +0.00 || Average Earnings per year: +10.56 Million

[Image: jets.png]

Winnipeg Jets Value: $323.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 6th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: -3.5M || Average Earnings per year: +10.78 Million

[Image: Chiefs.png]

Minnesota Chiefs Value: $328.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 5th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: -7.0M || Average Earnings per year: +10.95 Million

[Image: Blizzard.png]

Edmonton Blizzard Value: $349.5 Million Dollars
Rank: 4th || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: +13.5M || Average Earnings per year: +11.65 Million

[Image: Riot.png]

New England Wolfpack Value: $356.0 Million Dollars
Rank: 3rd || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: -3.5M || Average Earnings per year: +11.8 Million

[Image: WKP.png]

West Kendall Platoon Value: $410.0 Million Dollars
Rank: 2nd || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: +22.0M || Average Earnings per year: +13.6 Million

[Image: Dragons.png]

Calgary Dragons Value: $450.0 Million Dollars
Rank: 1st || Purchase Price: 75 Million || Start/End Date: S17-S47
S47 Earnings: +18.5M || Average Earnings per year: +15.0 Million

Updated for the S47 Season!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 09:58 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

The leagues most fiscally riveting sabermetric post is back and its bringing with it some new information which should help hone in on a franchises overall worth within the SHL! Lets review from top to bottom what each bit of information is pertaining to an organization.

Teams Value: The current purchase price of the organization
Rank: Where the franchise current value stands within the other organizations
Purchase Price: This is the opening $$ amount of the franchise in their inaugural season
Start/End Date: The seasons in which the franchise has been gaining/losing value.
S47 Earnings: The total estimated profit/losses for that season.
Average Earnings per year: The average amount of profit/losses the franchise has made throughout its tenor. as franchises come in with different start dates, this metric gives us a better view of the overall health of an organization.

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 10:02 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Let me review how this all works. Franchise Net worth places a monetary value to an SHL franchise. Net Worth tries to encapsulate the real life instances that affect revenue.. revenue equals profit and profit is the key to a sports franchises health. The criterion is based around 'milestones' within a franchise which center around a teams on the ice play.. as we reward a set of performance bonuses around important moments within a season. On the flip side value is taken away from a franchise when on the field accomplishments aren't met. So when we look at a team's Net Worth we are getting a condensed version of ones legacy, done up in a way which brings real value into the virtual...

So what are the real life instances which affect value? well let's start with longevity... fans become invested in their team and its players as an organization settles within a market. Fans also like winners! teams that perform well are usually supported by their fan base. than theirs consistency (or in Net Worth jargon -> Streaks)... fans love consistent winners.. the stars come to the games, they sit in the front row! television contracts increase and merchandise sales boom! Below is the template used to create franchise value.

[Image: BLv1L7l.jpg]

Using the criteria above we went as far back as we could to tally up the numbers and create an estimated current value for each organization!

[Image: valuechart_zpsgg0pkmpq.jpg]

but there are a few things to note ....

SHL's Modern Era:
The leagues stats and standings go back as far as season 17!  luckily that coincides with the modern era of corperate greed, profit margins and the media limelight..

SMJHL:
I really wanted to include the SMJHL franchises in this report, but at the current time there simply isn't enough data on the site to do that. If the league ever recovers all the index files i could update this report with the SMJHL and the numbers from the first 17 seasons.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Dragonite

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Nice work Izzy!

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2019, 10:12 PM by PenKnight.)

The Best Media As Usual!!

This makes me want to break all the teams down using player net worth or bank account balance.

06-12-2019, 10:09 PMPenKnight Wrote: The Best Media As Usual!!

This makes me want to break all the teams down using player net worth or bank account balance.

You better write that quick before that idea is stolen

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

So, two questions.
1) A team being bankrupt doesn't mean we're having to move the team, right?
2) San Francisco was already in the red beforehand, last season just improved our financial standings somewhat?

Also, the Barracuda is using the wrong logo there and I think the "Teams that come last in there conference" should be "Teams that come last in their conference".

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

06-13-2019, 07:20 AMThunfish Wrote: So, two questions.
No, we don’t have to relocate a team because of some stupid Izzy media

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

06-13-2019, 07:20 AMThunfish Wrote: I think the "Teams that come last in there conference" should be "Teams that come last in their conference".

It wouldn't be an Izzy post without an incorrect usage of there/their/they're.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Specters

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

2) San Francisco was already in the red beforehand, last season just improved our financial standings somewhat?

Also, the Barracuda is using the wrong logo there and I think the "Teams that come last in there conference" should be "Teams that come last in their conference".

Hi Thun,

1) for FNW, a banruptsy would mean that the league has frozen SFP's assets and will not allow them to sell there team until the organization is out of the red and back into the green. This is to make sure that each franchise recieves fair market value when selling.

2) Correct! the fans came out to Chase Center and supported their return trip to post season play! SFP had a nice S47 as they accumulated an estimated profit of 10 Million dollars... this moved them to -15.5 Million...

3) Good catch! this Net worth models been around since the days when Tampa Bay was Seattle.. i forgot to change the banner over.. but its up now!

Cheers

Knights|Dragons|Austria

06-13-2019, 08:01 AMBaelor Swift Wrote:
06-13-2019, 07:20 AMThunfish Wrote: I think the "Teams that come last in there conference" should be "Teams that come last in their conference".

It wouldn't be an Izzy post without an incorrect usage of there/their/they're.

This is a fair point. Cool

Knights|Dragons|Austria

06-13-2019, 01:09 PMMike Izzy Wrote:

Hi Thun,

1) for FNW, a banruptsy would mean that the league has frozen SFP's assets and will not allow them to sell there team until the organization is out of the red and back into the green. This is to make sure that each franchise recieves fair market value when selling.

2) Correct! the fans came out to Chase Center and supported their return trip to post season play! SFP had a nice S47 as they accumulated an estimated profit of 10 Million dollars... this moved them to -15.5 Million...

3) Good catch! this Net worth models been around since the days when Tampa Bay was Seattle.. i forgot to change the banner over.. but its up now!

Cheers

I think you're misleading people by adding this to the history section. The league doesn't freeze anything, there are no effects from this media, and the fact that we missed the playoffs doesn't mean we're bankrupt (see the maple leafs), because there are countless factors that go into a franchise's value. Now I have first gen players who think their team is moving, prospects who don't want to come to SFP cause they think we can't pay as much cause we're bankrupt. It's very frustrating as a GM to deal with the fallout from this media piece. It has no place in the history of the league with such an oversimplified system.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019, 03:25 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

06-13-2019, 02:51 PMGrapehead Wrote:
06-13-2019, 01:09 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Hi Thun,

Cheers

I think you're misleading people by adding this to the history section. The league doesn't freeze anything, there are no effects from this media, and the fact that we missed the playoffs doesn't mean we're bankrupt (see the maple leafs), because there are countless factors that go into a franchise's value. Now I have first gen players who think their team is moving, prospects who don't want to come to SFP cause they think we can't pay as much cause we're bankrupt. It's very frustrating as a GM to deal with the fallout from this media piece. It has no place in the history of the league with such an oversimplified system.

Hi Grape,

I mean the information is based around 30 seasons of data... but this add wasn’t ever intented to take as law or too serious...or to upset any teams over what’s soppose to be a metrics add each season.  I’ll take it out of the history section. No biggie Cheers

Knights|Dragons|Austria