Create Account

Banking News

Link to the bank

Hello, SHL!

As most of you are probably aware by now, we've switched over the a new banking system. The purpose of it is to make everything related to banking as easy as possible. Being able to see balances reflected immediately after purchasing, being able to submit requests more streamlined, and seeing a history of transactions for anyone are a few of the highlights. I've received mostly positive reviews, and I'm working constantly to address valid issues brought to me.

I want to talk about things I've added recently, basic actions to make sure everyone is on the same page, as well as talk about my backlog of work to further improve.

What's New?

A lot of these are behind the scenes stuff, or very small that you might not have even noticed. But it's worth mentioning because they're either really quick changes or very important operations

Escape characters flaw
- So for security reasons you "escape" certain characters, meaning they can't be used to run bad database scripts. There was a small hiccup with a recent hotfix that allowed just bankers to bypass this, but it's been patched. Quickly.

Prevent Form Resubmission
- A few people are having issues when refreshing the bank account and accidently resubmitting a transaction. Now when you make an request it sends you to the transaction itself. Clicking back and refresh won't resubmit now.

Links to Account and Bank in transaction
- Just makes life easier. Option to go to your account, the transaction user's account, and the main bank page from the transaction. also added these links clearer elsewhere.

Textarea Description
- Simply changed the textbox to a bigger box to see everything easier.

Undo Confirmation Pop up
- For Bankers: Added a popup for undos so you don't accidently undo something like definitely not me. :|

Quickly add request for yourself
- A simple little helper that adds your name to the box of names.

The Same Page

Here's just a few things I wanted to quickly discuss that's currently out there just to make sure everyone is aware. It's basically the main three things in the banking, and for 90% of people the first one is the only thing they'll really use.

Weekly Training

To make a weekly training transaction, simply go to your bank account page and click the appropriate training.

I've made it redirect to the new training link now to reduce the chance of the website resubmitting and causing double trainings, as well as streamline the process of getting the link to the training.

That training link, which is also viewable from your account page, is what you need to add in your updates.

Submitting Requests

When depositing money to users, transfering money, or attempting an overdraft (for a valid reason) go to this section.

I've added clearer instructions, and prevented the enter key from accidently submitting the form.

Reporting issues

@Nobody is perfect, but I strive to be. Please don't PM, discord, or tag us for issues. Instead use this dedicated thread that all the bankers are aware of and will answer stuff asap.

I'm also in there helping out with smaller tasks and the occasional glitch, but prettyburn and the banker crew will get to you concern asap.

Please put as much information as possible. The more you help us, the more we can help you.

The Big TODO list

This is my current backlog of work. It'll keep me busy this season, that's for sure.

(In no specific order)

Drafted status
- There's small window of time between the SHL draft and when the GMs actually put the player pages in the subforums. To allow recent draftees the option to do +5 trainings easier they'll be put into a temporary status that treats them as if they're on a SHL team.

Transaction Catagories
- Adding an extra field to the requests. Simply to help organize transactions in future.

Twitter Specific Deposits
- Something I honestly didn't think still happened lol. Instead of cluttering the pending requests section, I'll add a specific section just for twitter deposits as well as an easier way to add tweets.

Past Transactions filtering
- Basic table operations. Ability to show just the transactions you want to see.

Only one training a week
- Right now, you can click training 100 times in a single week if you wanted. It won't help, since the updaters should be checking when the transactions occured. But to make life easier for everyone, I'll simply prevent multiple trainings in a single week.

Notes about Transaction
- For bankers: adds a note about a transaction to reference. Could be something that needs review, or a simple decline reason.

Notes about User
- For bankers: adds a note about a user. Is this guy being a butt nugget and trying to exploit stuff? Let's make a note of it.

Notifications
- Adding an alert when a transaction involving you is made.

Edit Submissions
- Did you make a mistake in the request? Make a quick edit to it.

Return Submissions
- Allows bankers to instead of rejecting a request, simply return it back to the user to adjust.

Better Visibility and clean subforum
- Still figuring out how, but possibly it's own dedicated link on the top, as well as a major rehaul of the banking subforum.

Moving to a separate database/Banking API
- A bunch of other developers are also working on things for the site, and moving the data from being tightly coupled with the exisitng database and putting it into a separate one will just make development easier.

Thanks for reading this, and thank you all for the compliments about the banking system. A big thanks to @DrunkenTeddy for helping me get the tools needed to start work on it.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know!

(Go Blues)

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Thank you so much bojo! You are the sites MVP!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I like the banking system, would be cool to add an equip section

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Great job bojo!
You are truly an asset to the community.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

As always, thank you for all your awesome work. Cheers

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Finding this pretty easy to work with so far. Great job as usual, oh Bojoriffic one.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

06-12-2019, 10:48 PMSlashACM Wrote: I like the banking system, would be cool to add an equip section

This, but overall I love the new system.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Bumping this so people see it a few more times

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

I just saw this, but its nice to know some of the patches even if i dont directly see them or deal with them, they still needed to be addressed.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

I've been a little under the weather this week, but I did start on the api stuff. Nobody outside of developers would notice, but in order to be able to maintain this and add changes I need to switch away from the ugly "copy paste entire code into forum admin tools" way and instead use a nice standard dev process.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

<3 Bojo

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]