Create Account

Franchise Net Worth (S47)

06-13-2019, 03:16 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
06-13-2019, 02:51 PMGrapehead Wrote: I think you're misleading people by adding this to the history section. The league doesn't freeze anything, there are no effects from this media, and the fact that we missed the playoffs doesn't mean we're bankrupt (see the maple leafs), because there are countless factors that go into a franchise's value. Now I have first gen players who think their team is moving, prospects who don't want to come to SFP cause they think we can't pay as much cause we're bankrupt. It's very frustrating as a GM to deal with the fallout from this media piece. It has no place in the history of the league with such an oversimplified system.

Hi Grape,

I mean the information is based around 30 seasons of data... but this add wasn’t ever intented to take as law or too serious...or to upset any teams over what’s soppose to be a metrics add each season.  I’ll take it out of the history section. No biggie Cheers

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you've done anything malicious, and I like this as a media series, but it has no weight in the league and should not be considered historical data. You're using sim results to fuel your formula, but boiling down a franchise's worth to wins and losses is an oversimplification. Your system essentially says every single team has extremely fair-weather fans who only care about winning, and as sports fans we can all agree that fair-weather fans like that aren't the norm.

If people hadn't come to me questioning the validity of this, then I probably never would've said anything, but it's actually impacted my ability to GM. It is just frustrating that I've had to clarify this with a handful of people now over the last several months, and let them know that it is an arbitrary metric created by a lone member of the site, and not actually reflective of any sort of part of the game we play. Adding this to the history section just exacerbates that, and that's why I wanted to make a comment now.

Izzy, I hope this isn't coming as too personal an attack at you, I'm really not trying to come at you, but at this point I felt I needed to step in for my franchise's sake. <3

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-13-2019, 02:51 PMGrapehead Wrote:
06-13-2019, 01:09 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Hi Thun,

1) for FNW, a banruptsy would mean that the league has frozen SFP's assets and will not allow them to sell there team until the organization is out of the red and back into the green. This is to make sure that each franchise recieves fair market value when selling.

2) Correct! the fans came out to Chase Center and supported their return trip to post season play! SFP had a nice S47 as they accumulated an estimated profit of 10 Million dollars... this moved them to -15.5 Million...

3) Good catch! this Net worth models been around since the days when Tampa Bay was Seattle.. i forgot to change the banner over.. but its up now!

Cheers

I think you're misleading people by adding this to the history section. The league doesn't freeze anything, there are no effects from this media, and the fact that we missed the playoffs doesn't mean we're bankrupt (see the maple leafs), because there are countless factors that go into a franchise's value. Now I have first gen players who think their team is moving, prospects who don't want to come to SFP cause they think we can't pay as much cause we're bankrupt. It's very frustrating as a GM to deal with the fallout from this media piece. It has no place in the history of the league with such an oversimplified system.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but leave Toronto out of this.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

06-13-2019, 05:38 PMbk1689 Wrote:
06-13-2019, 02:51 PMGrapehead Wrote: I think you're misleading people by adding this to the history section. The league doesn't freeze anything, there are no effects from this media, and the fact that we missed the playoffs doesn't mean we're bankrupt (see the maple leafs), because there are countless factors that go into a franchise's value. Now I have first gen players who think their team is moving, prospects who don't want to come to SFP cause they think we can't pay as much cause we're bankrupt. It's very frustrating as a GM to deal with the fallout from this media piece. It has no place in the history of the league with such an oversimplified system.

I appreciate where you're coming from, but leave Toronto out of this.

NEVER!

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2019, 06:13 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

06-13-2019, 05:25 PMGrapehead Wrote:
06-13-2019, 03:16 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Hi Grape,

I mean the information is based around 30 seasons of data... but this add wasn’t ever intented to take as law or too serious...or to upset any teams over what’s soppose to be a metrics add each season.  I’ll take it out of the history section. No biggie Cheers

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you've done anything malicious, and I like this as a media series, but it has no weight in the league and should not be considered historical data. You're using sim results to fuel your formula, but boiling down a franchise's worth to wins and losses is an oversimplification. Your system essentially says every single team has extremely fair-weather fans who only care about winning, and as sports fans we can all agree that fair-weather fans like that aren't the norm.

If people hadn't come to me questioning the validity of this, then I probably never would've said anything, but it's actually impacted my ability to GM. It is just frustrating that I've had to clarify this with a handful of people now over the last several months, and let them know that it is an arbitrary metric created by a lone member of the site, and not actually reflective of any sort of part of the game we play. Adding this to the history section just exacerbates that, and that's why I wanted to make a comment now.

Izzy, I hope this isn't coming as too personal an attack at you, I'm really not trying to come at you, but at this point I felt I needed to step in for my franchise's sake. <3

to be fair though grape, the criteria for Net Worth is the team version of Argars League of Accomplished Players... in his criteria he takes a set of milestones that an indivigual player has throughout his career, creates a point system for those milestones and then tallies up the results at the end..  and that's been league lore for many seasons right?.. Net worth does the exact same thing but instead of Jeff Dars awards and All star appearances, were talking about playoff entries and Championships..

Also keep in mind that i just tally up the numbers and post the results based on a criteria made in S34 when SFP was called Portland, they were coached by differant people and had come off a challenge cup entry ... so its not like the criteria was created based around 1 team right?

but i get it Grape.. i can imagine this specific content being frustrating.. when SFPs wins and loss issues were very much effected by things that happened before you ever got there and out of the hands of the current great group of pride members.. with the 3 1st round picks taken from you guys in S36 and the a mass exodus of players retiring from it. that is Def not your fault and frankly i think the San Francisco Pride is one of the best destinations in the league right now... great coaching, great group of members and good young talent...hell id play with you guys if i wasnt a dragon. I think its a fair metric based on a set of crietia but i agree that its not one that should weigh anyones decision on places to play cause you would be missing out on a great place to have a career in the SHL.

Anyways... hope the rest of your day goes well grape! and lets go raptors!!!!!

Izz -

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

06-13-2019, 01:09 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
06-13-2019, 07:20 AMThunfish Wrote: So, two questions.
1) A team being bankrupt doesn't mean we're having to move the team, right?
2) San Francisco was already in the red beforehand, last season just improved our financial standings somewhat?

Also, the Barracuda is using the wrong logo there and I think the "Teams that come last in there conference" should be "Teams that come last in their conference".

Hi Thun,

1) for FNW, a banruptsy would mean that the league has frozen SFP's assets and will not allow them to sell there team until the organization is out of the red and back into the green. This is to make sure that each franchise recieves fair market value when selling.

2) Correct! the fans came out to Chase Center and supported their return trip to post season play! SFP had a nice S47 as they accumulated an estimated profit of 10 Million dollars... this moved them to -15.5 Million...

3) Good catch! this Net worth models been around since the days when Tampa Bay was Seattle.. i forgot to change the banner over.. but its up now!

Cheers

Ah, I see it now, then. I was just a bit curious...

Quote:sell there team

...Hey!

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR