Create Account

SHL s47 awards ceremony announcement

Welp, time to dust off the old suit.
Haven't won any award since junior.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

06-15-2019, 05:42 PMmajesiu Wrote: Ugh, 20 points uptick and having a season with as many points as in first 3 combined is not enough for Most Improved Player nomination?

Ummmm.  ....I have good news for you... 

@Mike Izzy cheers for catching that Richan noms fixed.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

06-15-2019, 05:38 PMRaven Wrote: Aidan Richan Trophy - Most Improved Player

"Rate" Ulrich

No idea who is Rate Ulrich is, but damn our names are similar

Also fixed.

Player Page

06-15-2019, 05:53 PMLeppish Wrote: I thought i was supposed to do the S47 Awards show :thonk:

Ooooofff. Damn it. Sorry I thought we sorted that last season. @Baelor Swift is keen for committee members to host in the first instance. But we only found out Mike got shoe hosts lined up for three season  last minute last season. And yeah I think we must have forgotten to cancel those :-\..

Player Page

06-16-2019, 04:23 AMTomasnz Wrote:
06-15-2019, 05:53 PMLeppish Wrote: I thought i was supposed to do the S47 Awards show :thonk:

Ooooofff. Damn it. Sorry I thought we sorted that last season. @Baelor Swift is keen for committee members to host in the first instance. But we only found out Mike got shoe hosts lined up for three season  last minute last season. And yeah I think we must have forgotten to cancel those :-\..

Ahh ok. Its all good.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

I obviously respect the work aaronwilson put into adv stats, I used them myself for certain media. However, as I assume he’s using a bot for it I wouldn’t describe Him as the most dedicated member this season. Although he may have deserved to win it last season when he created the boy presumably.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

06-15-2019, 09:03 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: How does MAN get nominate for GM of the Year over a team like Edmonton or even SFP? It just seems like a random 3rd nom tbh no disrespect to the Rage

Basically the same noms as last season, just switching the Challenge Cup champions (BUF > WKP). I would love to know what they weigh for this particular award, cause it doesn't have the same metrics to view as the player awards, and I'm always pretty miffed by the nominations.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-16-2019, 07:02 AMGrapehead Wrote:
06-15-2019, 09:03 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: How does MAN get nominate for GM of the Year over a team like Edmonton or even SFP? It just seems like a random 3rd nom tbh no disrespect to the Rage

Basically the same noms as last season, just switching the Challenge Cup champions (BUF > WKP). I would love to know what they weigh for this particular award, cause it doesn't have the same metrics to view as the player awards, and I'm always pretty miffed by the nominations.

I think EDM and sfp are more CotY candidates this year. As opposed to GMotY.

For me rage are in the mix for the "successful" rebuild and then making trades in season to make the squad better.  But as you say. It is harder to quantify exactly why/how than it is for the player awards.  But this season I think you could say those are teams that were buying trades in the season, that mostly worked out.

Player Page

06-16-2019, 07:43 AMTomasnz Wrote:
06-16-2019, 07:02 AMGrapehead Wrote: Basically the same noms as last season, just switching the Challenge Cup champions (BUF > WKP). I would love to know what they weigh for this particular award, cause it doesn't have the same metrics to view as the player awards, and I'm always pretty miffed by the nominations.

I think EDM and sfp are more CotY candidates this year. As opposed to GMotY.

For me rage are in the mix for the "successful" rebuild and then making trades in season to make the squad better.  But as you say. It is harder to quantify exactly why/how than it is for the player awards.  But this season I think you could say those are teams that were buying trades in the season, that mostly worked out.

Fair enough, thank you for the insight. What do you see as the line between GMOTY and COTY? This has also been an interesting topic since most teams don't employ a "coach" and thus the GMs get that credit as well.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-16-2019, 10:38 AMGrapehead Wrote:
06-16-2019, 07:43 AMTomasnz Wrote: I think EDM and sfp are more CotY candidates this year. As opposed to GMotY.

Fair enough, thank you for the insight. What do you see as the line between GMOTY and COTY? This has also been an interesting topic since most teams don't employ a "coach" and thus the GMs get that credit as well.

For me personally GMoty comes down to how good of a team was built through draft, trade, free agency, obviously with more weight going to moves made during the current season/offseason and Coty comes down more to how the team actually performs compared to how good they are. It’s imperfect obviously given how random SimonT can be but there isn’t much else to go oft for Coty.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

06-16-2019, 11:06 AMBDonini Wrote:
06-16-2019, 10:38 AMGrapehead Wrote: Fair enough, thank you for the insight. What do you see as the line between GMOTY and COTY? This has also been an interesting topic since most teams don't employ a "coach" and thus the GMs get that credit as well.

For me personally GMoty comes down to how good of a team was built through draft, trade, free agency, obviously with more weight going to moves made during the current season/offseason and Coty comes down more to how the team actually performs compared to how good they are. It’s imperfect obviously given how random SimonT can be but there isn’t much else to go oft for Coty.

Yeah. This basically covers it for me too @Grapehead GMotY is for team building (draft, trades, fa)i and CotY is for SIM craft (line combos , strats, etc).  And each has a bit of overall performance built into the assessment too.

Player Page

06-16-2019, 11:11 AMTomasnz Wrote:
06-16-2019, 11:06 AMBDonini Wrote: For me personally GMoty comes down to how good of a team was built through draft, trade, free agency, obviously with more weight going to moves made during the current season/offseason and Coty comes down more to how the team actually performs compared to how good they are. It’s imperfect obviously given how random SimonT can be but there isn’t much else to go oft for Coty.

Yeah. This basically covers it for me too @Grapehead GMotY is for team building (draft, trades, fa)i and CotY is for SIM craft (line combos , strats, etc).  And each has a bit of overall performance built into the assessment too.

Yeah NOLA will always get GM and Coach noms as long as they keep making the playoffs with a garbage goalie

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Kosher for RoTY don't @ me

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

@daBenchwarmer

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

06-15-2019, 06:29 PMkarey Wrote: Congrats @Mike Izzy I'll take the dar next season from you

im positive you will friend... the Marius era has just begun Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria