Create Account

Nocturnal Emissions Podcast Questions

Hopefully you haven’t been spending too much time watching cable television, doofus

Describe some fun lakeside activities you’ve been up to?

What’s been on the menu?

How’s your SHL fantasy team coming along? Made an add / drop yet?

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Forgot to say answered

Pod should be up by tomorrow morning

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Will you answer this question first?

What's some life advice from an older guy (I'm a few years younger - 20 years old)?

If someone was from the Upper Peninsula, how'd they point to their hand as a map, the same way the rest of Michigan does it? (Haven't interacted with anyone there - I'm from Texas.)

You are given ultimate control of the entire universe for a day. You can do anything you want - whether very obvious or very sneaky. What do you do?

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Please pronounce these prospects names:

Gylfi Eriksson
Vorian Atreides
Karl Krashwagen
Partario Scarangella
Zbigniew Pokrywka
Jose Miguel Pereira Ferreira
Nikitnory McCrosbov
Kalevolaripaavo Käspertommevisnapuu

Also please pronounce this name:
Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

After you have pronounced the names, will you sing the Macarena?

Will you answer this question incorrectly?

What are your thoughts on this funny cat video?

If you were to open your fridge right now, what cheese would you find?

What can the Outlaws do to get some more wins?

Why's everyone so damn obsessed over Fire Emblem?

Who's your favorite 1st line Center for the Outlaws this season?

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Final question I have for you.

A few hours ago, I was informed of the naming of five small moons of Jupiter. As a mythology fan, what do you think of their new names? (Pronunciations provided)

Philophrosyne (fih-luh-FROSS-ih-nee)
Pandia (pan-DYE-uh)
Ersa (ER-suh)
Eupheme (yoo-FEE-mee)
Eirene (eye-REE-nee)

This is my main question making the podcast rounds.

I've stated this before in my own pod, but i want more feedback on it.

A big topic in the SHL is the whole "archetype" changes thing. I doubt that ever truly gets fixed, but instead of worrying about that to give us more diverse player builds, i suggested the following:

A "maxed out" player would have 3 stats at 99. This means they have 27 total attribute points that go over 90. How about we allow builds to let ANY stat go over 90, except the weakness, but you're only allowed to use 27 attribute points over 90. We could very easily track this in our update pages:

"90+: 21/27 "

Just like we track the season cap.

This would mean we could have more diverse builds instead of everyone being at 99 in just about the same areas, but it wouldn't be too much of a complete change on the site. For example we could have a build like:

CK: 70 *weakness*
FG: 25
DI: 68
SK: 92 (2/27)
ST: 90
EN: 90
PH: 95 (7/27)
FO: 94 (11/27)
PA: 99 (20/27)
SC: 90
DF: 97 (27/27)
PS: 40

That's a pretty nice center build, eh?

This is a quick way to get us a whole bunch of diversity in our player builds, and could easily be the tweak we need to give the user more control over their player.

If people are that worried about the importance of strengths, perhaps make those 3 categories the ONLY ones that can go over 95.

Thoughts?

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

@SpartanGibbles Dude, where are you? You said the episode would be out by now.

Answered up to this point

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

First again.

If Anaheim were in the SHL and not the SMJHL, would you be in Anaheim or in Minnesota?

What's the one food from heaven that you could have all day and not get tired of it? What's the one food from hell that you would never be in the same room with it unless you wanted to vomit?

Her Majesty the Queen has prepared a dish of both of these foods mixed together just for you. What's your reaction?

What's the most bizarre question you've been asked on a podcast?

1. How did you find the SHL, and what made you stay?
2. You've been tasked with giving one piece advice to three new players on your team (forward, defense, goalie), what do you tell them?
3. What would take the SHL to the next level?
4. You have to create a brand new franchise for the SHL and an affiliate for the SMJ, where do we expand and why?
5. Should pineapples go on pizza?
6. You can instantly transport any game/book/movie into Virtual Reality and play in it, what do you pick to play?

[Image: p82ugau.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019, 01:36 AM by TheHockeyist. Edit Reason: New question. )

Will you tell us one very strange fact about yourself?

Is H2O pronounced "wahder" or (British accent) "whot-tuh"?

Are you gonna give us up?

Are you gonna let us down?

Are you gonna run around and desert us?

Are you gonna make us cry?

Are you gonna say goodbye?

Are you gonna tell a lie and hurt us?

Your player goes to the rink only to discover that there's an orchestra on the ice playing "This is the Song that Never Ends". What is his reaction?

Is this the song that never ends? Does it go on and on, my friends? Did some people start singing it and not know what it was? Will they continue on and on forever just because it is the song that never ends? Does it go on and on, my friends? Did some people start singing it and not know what it was? Will they continue on and on forever just because it is the song that never ends? Does it go on and on, my friends? ...

1. If all music in the world was going to be eliminated but you were allowed to save the complete works of exactly one group or artist, who would you pick?

2. What job or career other than your own would you like to attempt?

3. What is your favorite swear word?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

You can be the leader of any country in the world, including countries that no longer exist or are completely fictional. Which country would you rule over?

What's one thing everyone should try/experience at least once?

Is this another hat trick of questions?

Do I ask too many questions? If so, what can I do to ask fewer questions?

Will you answer this question last?