Create Account

PT 3 - Player Progression

So you're back again for more TPE, eh? What are you going to do with all those points once you've earned them?

Written option: Give us your projected build at 350 TPE. In at least 150 words, explain your reasoning however you want. (Hint: look at the sim and see what the players at the top of the leaderboards are doing and/or ask your GM for tips.)

Graphic option: Make a hockey card with the attributes you're aiming to have at 350 TPE. Must include a render.

(ty to Muerto for this PT concept)

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S48 SMJHL Rookies (S49 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for Welfare claims.

Deadline
June 30, 10 AM MDT

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

CK = Checking: 40
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 80
ST = Strength: 52
EN = Endurance: 65
DU = Durability: 50 (do not add TPE here, injuries are turned off)
PH = Puck Handling: 77
FO = Face Offs: 40
PA = Passing: 60
SC = Scoring: 75
DF = Defense: 80
PS = Penalty Shot: 40

Total: 350

As a two-way defenseman, I want defense and skating to be my player's strong points. This obviously reflecting my player's ability to read plays and skate quickly. Hopefully with higher skating, it will make up for the lack of strength. Defense is currently the priority in my updates. I feel 80 is probably the cap I will want, as putting 8 TPE into any of them to bring the rating up by 1 is probably not worth it for my player at the junior level when that can be spent elsewhere. I have also put my scoring higher than my passing, in an attempt to increase the scoring threat as a defenseman. Also, in keeping a 15 TPE gap between the two, I believe this will make it far more likely that my player will shoot instead of pass. I debated putting puck handling to 80, as it seems to be a very important stat, but I wanted to keep the skating higher. I may decide to change what I want for my final 350 build, but for now this is how I have planned out the future.

Word Count: 188

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

CK = Checking: 41
SK = Skating: 75
ST = Strength: 54
EN = Endurance: 60
PH = Puck Handling: 75
PA = Passing: 67
SC = Scoring: 80

As a current 4th line “scoring” winger, I am determined to not be a defensive liability out there on the ice and thus I will be raising my defensive stats significantly. Over time, especially at 350 TPE, I will be looking to move up the depth chart and move the Detroit Falcons up the standings and will look to become an all around player. I aim to kill of penalties and score goals on power plays. I envision to be a scorer when my team needs it and to play wherever I can maximize my team’s chances at success. Individual stats don’t mean all that much to me currently, I doubt they will ever, and I’d much rather have a Four Star Cup Championship to my name with 0 points rather than no championship and leading the league in points. But don’t be surprised when I pull off both. I feel as if this build will be amazing for a GM to work around with as it has a little bit of everything and hopefully it puts the puck in the net a good amount as well.

[Image: KIHXpPg.png]
[Image: det.png]

[Image: pxO2PYw.png] [Image: q95r3bg.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 04:55 PM by Zach.)

CK = Checking: 70
SK = Skating: 75
ST = Strength: 70
PH = Puck Handling: 75
PA = Passing: 45
DF = Defense: 70

My whole build concept was based around a physical goal scorer, with a focus on being able to skate the puck and get shots on net. The build seems very oriented around scoring all the goals, but it was intended to be a more creative build that allows my player to assist other players by getting shots on net that create opportunities for deflections and rebounds. Not only does he assist his team mate by getting shots on net, but he also is a consistent hitter that allows team mates to take the puck and score which has already been seen. The build was loosely inspired by Michael Ferland as well.

Word count: 168 words

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]

Projected Build:

Checking: 70
Fighting: 25
Discipline: 67
Skating: 75
Strength: 50
Endurance: 65
Durability: 50
Puck Handling: 70
Face Offs: 40
Passing: 70
Scoring: 60
Defense: 80

Reasoning:
I had initially set out to build a defensive defenseman, so I loaded a majority of my TPE into defense when I was first building my character. I quickly learned that puck handling was an important attribute to build up as it effected your shot blocking ability, so I set out to improve that ASAP and intend on improving it even more as I close in on 350 TPE. I'd like to get my checking up a little bit higher to go along with the defensive build, so I've put 70 as my target. My skating currently is pretty low, so I know that I will need to up that attribute to help both my offensive and my defensive game. I'm hopefuly that next season I'll be playing on at least the second pairing for defense and logging 20+ minutes a game, so I plan on upping my endurance significantly to account for that. The last two areas that I will be focusing on for my 350 build are passing and scoring, since my defense is already coming in at a high level. I want to be a pass-first player that can help the team break out of their own zone while I'm in the SMJHL, so I've stacked more TPE into my passing game in comparison to my scoring. But I do want both of them to see a fair amount of improvement in comparison to my current build. I feel like a 70/60 combo will be a solid offensive game for a player build that has a larger focus on defense.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

CK = Checking: 99
FG = Fighting: 40
SK = Skating: 40
ST = Strength: 40
EN = Endurance: 40
PH = Puck Handling: 40
FO = Face Offs: 76
PA = Passing: 40
SC = Scoring: 40
DF = Defense: 40
PS = Penalty Shot: 43

There it is. That's my 350 build. The two most important stats for a defenseman - checking and faceoff. It's important to be able to hit people and knock them off the puck, and also to not be knocked off the puck when some schmuck decides to try to hit you, you know? You may think my choice to put tpe into faceoff is odd, but think about it. No one expects a D to go into the circle. Especially not one who is going to knock someone over as soon as the puck drops, if need be. I also bumped fighting up to 40 from 25. The best defense is a good offense, so when I punch people in the nose and they go to the box for 5 minutes, I'm keeping their players off the ice! The final stat I went with was penalty shot. Again, no one is going to expect a guy with scoring as a weakness to be a penalty shot monster. If I miss, I'll just check the goalie. Simple. The hardest part of this build is going to be getting the money to spend to redistribute all of my tpe. Sorry for letting you guys find out like this @Sleepy

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

SK = Skating: 70
ST = Strength: 60
EN = Endurance: 50
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 70
PA = Passing: 90
SC = Scoring: 40

All right, time for some build advice from a skater with a whopping zero points over the course of the first third of the season. Now, I know how to make a pretty decent player. As a former SHL MVP (not a big deal) there are a couple of builds that just seem to work better than others in the sim. My last and current players have attempted to change things up a bit to take advantage of those weak points, but my current skater put too little emphasis on defense to succeed with a pass first build. That's been changed through a pricey redist, and I hope we see results further along.

The problem with a pass first build is that you also need skating, or else your chances will be low (since you're out of the play) and your giveaways will be high (because you won't go for sure thing chances per the decision making formula). So, having a good skater is necessary to off set those issues. However, you do not want to skate if you'll just be knocked off the puck. That's why Puck Handling and strength are important. Thus, you need to find a way to balance those needs while still instructing your build to pass.

This build prevents interceptions unless you are looking at two highly rated defensive opponents on ice (90+). It also provides enough points to skate it out of situations where no one is open. Finally, it provides the defense necessary to impact passing per the decision making formula and increase chances in the offensive zone by increasing time of possession.

(317 words)

SK = Skating: 62
ST = Strength: 51
FO = Face Offs: 80
PA = Passing: 70
DF = Defense: 55
PS = Penalty Shot: 62

TPE 350

My player's build is a sniping center, I want to be a prolific goal scorer who can win face offs, and be all round dangerous on the puck. First and for most as a center I need to be good in the face off circle, and since I'm a scoring center both Face offs and scoring is are highest attributes. I don't want to be just a scorer either so I added in a high amount of passing. Skating is there because I don't want to get hit but I also don't want it to interfere with my scoring and passing. That's where puck handling comes in, it should allow me to keep the puck and also provides me with a boost around the net. I also don't want to be a complete liability on defense so I put points in defense, and puck handling will help me block shots. With these attributes I want my player to be good all around and not just focused on one thing, but at the end of the day I want his best ability to be able to put pucks in the net. For a general comparison I want my player to be like Sergei Fedorov.

Explanation Word Count: 206

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

I won't list my build because that will mean nothing at that stage. I will give you the meat and potatoes version of my build though. The goal for Ryan McMahon is to sit tall and straight in order to take away the corners.

Agility: Agility is going to be key as a big goalie. In order to stretch aside and move, I will need to be agile. Get this is 85 pronto.
Size: Taking away the majority of the net is a strength that the best goalie in the world have mastered. This is another attribute that I should make 85 a priority.
Hand Speed: A little razzle dazzle for the fans is never a bad thing and I think by having a quick glove hand, you will be able to achieve that. Think around 85 is accurate
Reaction Time: This is a base attribute that having at 80 will work quite solidly.
Rebound control: One of the key stats as if it is low, you'll give up on shots that come your way.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

CK = Checking: 42
SK = Skating: 70
ST = Strength: 63
EN = Endurance: 72
FO = Face Offs: 60
PA = Passing: 70
DF = Defense: 75
PS = Penalty Shot: 45

350 TPE

As a goalscoring machine, it's very important that scoring is my highest category but I don't want to be a one-dimensional player either so I'll be sure to keep my passing respectably high as well as my defence so I can be used in all situations on the ice. I feel like 60 face-offs will be enough for my SMJHL career as it's a respectable level and if the Raptors decide it's not high enough they can always use me on the wing if they please as I have no problem doing that. I put my endurance at 72 so I'll be sure I'm never tired on the ice and able to play in as many situations as possible. I also wanted to put skating, strength, and puckhandling all relatively close to each other to help with the decision making. Overall I feel like this build is a respectable forward build that should put up big points.

Falcons Canada

SK = Skating: 52
DU = Durability: : 50 (do not add TPE here, injuries are turned off) 
SZ = Size: 80
AG = Agility: 80
RB = Rebound Control: 80
SC = Style Control: 100
HS = Hand Speed: 90
RT = Reaction Time: 90
PH = Puck Handling: 51
PS = Penalty Shot: 60

= 350 TPE

---

As a butterfly goalie my desire is to one day be a franchise starter for a SHL team. I’ve been advised of different stat builds I can work towards but the overall opinion on the right choice for building a goalie is mixed at best. That being said there are a few categories that have been identified as successful for a goalie and those are Style Control, Hand Speed and Reaction Time. My plan is to strengthen these three categories with a focus primarily on Style Control. I want this to reflect my character’s personality and if there was a focus that the character would want, it is to be in complete control at all times. The two other stats that are important for success as a goalie are Size and Agility, I will continue to have these two stat categories mirror each other as I gain TPE. Although I have learned that Rebound Control is not as important I do want to continue to build that stat category so I can be as effective as possible for whatever team I play for.

183 words

[Image: p82ugau.png]

CK = Checking: 50
DI = Discipline: 65
SK = Skating: 74
ST = Strength: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 74
PA = Passing: 65
SC = Scoring: 74
DF = Defense: 74

-

Still learning but if I had 350 attribute points to spend, I'd hope to build a clean hitting power forward with a great shot. Wouldn't really need to be physical because I'd make my player big and strong enough to compete in the league and throw the rest on scoring to maximize production. My player would be the guy to take the shot on a power-play but not in the shootout. Lastly, my player will have great puck protection and takeaway ability and if I didn't learn a thing or two in my short time here I'd probably leave defense at 40, thank you coach!

166 words

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 03:14 AM by ontanis.)

Projected Build:

Checking: 41
Fighting: 25
Discipline: 62
Skating: 72
Strength: 60
Endurance: 70
Durability: 50
Puck Handling: 70
Face Offs: 40
Passing: 70
Scoring: 77
Defense: 80

Reasoning:

The main reason for this kind of a build is to bring over some of the tradition of another Lithuanian offensive defenseman (Tauras Karazija). I believe that this build has all of the necessary elements needed to succeed in the SMJHL level as a scoring defenseman. This build allows Mikas Bieksa to be a very universal defenseman:

- can score (SC stat is higher than usual);
- can pass (Passing stat is also higher and a lot of assists will come from missed shots);
- can help run the power-play (Passing, SC and DEF stats give an edge in PP opportunities, more universal player - more options for coach);
- won't be too shabby carrying the puck up the ice (SK and PH stats in 70s will be good in the Juniors level);
- still can break up plays, block shots and dish out hits (DEF is the main stat, so priority there).

These things combined will make a player that I will enjoy guiding through multiple seasons. Also, any team will benefit from having a universal defenseman that can do a little bit of everything. Such a build is a very good team player. And a team player is what i really aspire to be.

[200 words]

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

[Image: Form-Filling-Privacy-Browser-6-25-2019-9-39-25-AM.png]

[Image: 60043_s.gif]
Player Page                Update Thread 
Thank you to @Wasty and @frithjofr for a couple great sigs!

SK = Skating: 50
EN = Endurance: 50
SZ = Size: 80
AG = Agility: 80
RB = Rebound Control: 85
SC = Style Control: 85
HS = Hand Speed: 85
RT = Reaction Time: 85
PS = Penalty Shot: 55

I think for a goalie this prompt is a bit more boring, but here is my straight forward build anyway. I plan to keep upgrading all of my attributes essentially evenly, splitting them between my main focuses first - Rebound Control, Style Control, Hand Speed and Reaction Time. I'll be building up Size and Agility as well, but I'm not as concerned with keeping them quite s high, they can be slightly behind the other 'primary" attributes. I want to put the cheap points into Puck Handling, but I'll probably hold off on it when it gets more expensive. I left Penalty Shot at 55, which is what it is at now, but honestly since I can buy equipment for it I'll probably be upgrading it some as well. I plan to leave Skating alone for now, since it is a weakness and costs so much to upgrade right now. Once I have some other things higher I'll go back to it and max it out, but that will be far down the line. I may need to upgrade Endurance at some point, but I'll have to speak with someone else to know if it's very important or not, right now it doesn't seem that important to me in the SMJHL.