Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs

Task Choice #1

@BDonini
@shutdown
@Thunfish

Yes, it does sound biased to have three Outlaws players all working together to "better the SHL". However, these guys are all honorable people, can bring fresh ideas, and are all either very experienced or very understanding of the new faces around the league. The mix of youth and experience can really help give the players a voice and synthesize the best interests of everyone to create a great environment. 

Task Choice #2

It is funny to hear this coming from a Minnesota Chiefs prospect, given the mess the team got into prior to this season, but I would ask for higher rookie contracts. Of course, nothing too unreasonable should be asked from someone being sent down to the SMJHL, but with SHL training & even equipment eating up salary fairly quickly. Of course, we should all be doing our part to helping the league marketing-wise, but a cutting a little slack would be cool.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

[Image: New_Composition_2019-07-08_02-26-15.jpg]@Ason94

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

If I were to sit in for the players of the SHL I would first and foremost ask for the salary cap to be raised. The star players of this league should not be taking minimum contracts and should be paying top dollar to play in this league or they might take their talents elsewhere. The SHL head office needs to be aware that while the current cap level is not going to be able to sustain sufficient competitiveness with in the league In a few seasons and they need to increase it as soon as possible. Another important issue with in SHL that needs to be addressed is that there is no player association. players have no rights and that is wrong. There will need to be a SHLPA established and each team will have one representative voted in by each team mate. This will allow for the players to have a say in key decisions and league rulings.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

task 2:

i think that in the new simulation hockey league player union's collective bargaining agreement, the simulation hockey league players across all 16 teams (such as the Buffalo Stampede, Chicago Syndicate, Hamilton Steelhawks, Manhattan Rage, New England Wolfpack, Tampa Bay Barracuda, Toronto North Stars, West Kendall Platoon, Calgary Dragons, Edmonton Blizzard, LA Panthers, Minnesota Chiefs, New Orleans Specters, San Francisco Pride, Texas Renegades, and Winnipeg Jets) should argue to have a salary cap increase of two hundred million dollars for the budget of the Buffalo Stampede, Chicago Syndicate, Hamilton Steelhawks, Manhattan Rage, New England Wolfpack, Tampa Bay Barracuda, Toronto North Stars, West Kendall Platoon, Calgary Dragons, Edmonton Blizzard, LA Panthers, Minnesota Chiefs, New Orleans Specters, San Francisco Pride, Texas Renegades, and the Winnipeg Jets so that the players can be paid much more in their yearly salaries and afford more training and equipment, THis would make the players all happy cause its less work and the owners happier as they will feel more generous.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I would push for a couple things as SHLPA Representative. Firstly, I would push for milestones TPE to be uncapped. I don't understand why it's capped, if players are performing at a high level they should be rewarded for doing so. Many who earn milestone TPE can't claim most of it because they're already at their TPE cap. My next point would be to try to lengthen the maximum contract that players can sign before they hit the max TPE tier. Our players are having their essential freedoms taken away when the league decides that they can only sign for X amount of years. I believe that a player should be allowed to sign for 1 year or 8 years if they so please. I don't believe in the absurd 10+ year contracts, but within reason a player should be able to determine if they want to sign team friendly long term with a team. Finally, graphics submissions shouldn't be limited to 4 a week. Either increase the limit or make it infinite, no one pays for graphics on the site so after four sigs a week it isn't worth it to make any more.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I am going to keep this short and sweet. I know that the options are pick one and make it great but I am going to go an alternative route and just say no. We don't need a players association. We need a head office that actually gives a damn. The head office all have players in the league as it is. It will not fix anything, jobs and awards will still just be popularity contests run by the same 5-10 people only we will have 2 groups battling for power that won't end in anything gained from the league except more headaches. So I don't think we should have a players association or anything like that. We already have a group of players that continuously cycles the same retread people in the same kinds of jobs while people who actually give a shit get passed over and watch as the heads of the different departments change over and over and over. That is where we should start, getting rid of the people who keep making the same mistakes and then go from there.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Task one:

The three players that I think would be best equipped to represent the new SHL players association are all very different people but each maintains a skillset that would be vital.

First up I would take @King as the face of the association. Every good organisation has a great media man at its head to make sure that it's narrative is pushed and that it's members are painted in the best light. On his day this is no finer producer of media content and therefore he is the best choice.

Next up is @ej27. She is an experienced campaigner and has held some of the top jobs around the league. Combine this experience with a no nonsense but caring demeanor and it quickly becomes clear that EJ is the kind of representative you want as a player. 

Lastly my representative team would contain @Boomcheck. No man in the SHL is more committed to getting that fat contract than this polarising winger. He talks a big game and doesn't back down. If you are looking for the big bucks then boom is your man.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]